visiting the American Embassy to register a foreign born child. what's the parking like?

Jack 0009

There is no parking. You uses to be able to park across the street but don't know if you still can.

I usually get off at the Ploen Chit BTS & hoof it. 

No idea how the interview will go but as long as all your paperwork is in order you should be fine. 

If you are working there are significant tax advantages to getting married, getting a ITIN for your wife and filing joint unless of course your GF earns more than you...

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

There is no parking. You uses to be able to park across the street but don't know if you still can.

I usually get off at the Ploen Chit BTS & hoof it. 

No idea how the interview will go but as long as all your paperwork is in order you should be fine. 

If you are working there are significant tax advantages to getting married, getting a ITIN for your wife and filing joint unless of course your GF earns more than you...

Thank you.

I am retired and do not pay any taxes. we do not have much income. I will be filing for social security benefits for our new daughter  needless to say this was not planned.  My GF is Cambodian

If you need to drive your best option is to park at Central Ploenchit. Do a little shopping or eat at a restaurant and get your parking validated.

Marrying your GF would enable her to get dependent visa tied to your retirement extension. Unless she already has visa due to employment?

1 minute ago, Jack 0009 said:

Thank you.

I am retired and do not pay any taxes. we do not have much income. I will be filing for social security benefits for our new daughter  needless to say this was not planned.  My GF is Cambodian

In much the same way that one does not plan on getting a ticket when speeding....

Congratulations on the new daughter, good luck at the consulate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

If you need to drive your best option is to park at Central Ploenchit. Do a little shopping or eat at a restaurant and get your parking validated.

Marrying your GF would enable her to get dependent visa tied to your retirement extension. Unless she already has visa due to employment?

Great idea, what time do they open?

I always park at the Sindhorn Building, directly across the street from the embassy.  They are open early...we parked there before 7am once.  Buy a coffee or something downstairs and get 2 hrs validated.  I think it is 20 or 50 baht per hr after that.  Use the pedestrian bridge to cross the street. 

• Like 1