Pattaya for sale: 90% of resort’s spa and massage businesses shutdown

webfact

5 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Excellent. Making progress. And that was very clever and showed him good. So now you can waddle on over.????

I'm a clever guy.  No sick buffalo money transfer from me.  ????

Edited by Leaver

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

Well, as per the OP, with 90% closed, if domestic Thai tourism can't sustain these businesses, what will?  

Well, now, your scientific survey included no testimonials from massage parlor or spa owners, esp not farang, yet here you are shockingly wondering about the point raised in the actual topic.

And the answer is the same as you've been given at least five times: those businesses catering to domestic tourists, and perhaps Western as well, are surviving and likely will continue to do so. You've yet to verify any examples and do your other homework. Enough with the mindless repetition.

Just now, BigStar said:

Well, now, your scientific survey included no testimonials from massage parlor or spa owners, esp not farang, yet here you are shockingly wondering about the point raised in the actual topic.

And the answer is the same as you've been given at least five times: those businesses catering to domestic tourists, and perhaps Western as well, are surviving, obviously, and likely will continue to do so. You've yet to verify any examples and do your other homework. Enough with the mindless repetition.

10 minutes ago, BigStar said:

those businesses catering to domestic tourists, and perhaps Western as well, are surviving and likely will continue to do so.

Your are forgetting about the 90% that didn't survive, with that number increasing as time passes.  

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

No. 

A simple ride around and you can see 1 in every 3 or 5 or 10 businesses open on a particularly road or soi.  Keep riding around and see the same on other roads and soi's. 

You end up with a percent of closed businesses, based upon your observations.   

I like to watch where i'm going, are you suggesting i rather count and work out % of business's i suspect are open or closed?

43 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Just back from talking to the taxi driver.  He refused to put the meter on, so I didn't hire him. 

I guess the transport mafia here will see that as a victory, despite not getting a baht out of me.  ????????

Transport mafia - comedy gold!

Thx for that, i like a good laugh.

4 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Ever tried checking in to a 5 star hotel over a holiday weekend or going to a plush restarant? or is this out of your budget? lol

Subsided for Thai's.  What do you think will happen when the subsidy ends?  

• Like 1

Just now, Leaver said:

Subsided for Thai's.  What do you think will happen when the subsidy ends?  

You never answer the questions as all your comments are based on zero facts.

I think they'll continue to be full, always have and always will be on weekends, specially long holidays.

U should get out more.

• Like 1

So not from your personal knowledge at all, that's what i thought. - good bye for now.

I'm suggesting that as a % it's time to sleep.

1 minute ago, HashBrownHarry said:

As i've said before, a lot more than you ever will.

I was recently there this week, are you suggesting i'm never there? of course you'd know - lol.

A a result of your post, I'm suggesting you think the taxis here use their meter, when it's well known they do not, and the fact that they don't is because mafia tactics.  Do you deny this? 

A a result of your post, I'm suggesting you think the taxis here use their meter, when it's well known they do not, and the fact that they don't is because mafia tactics.  Do you deny this? 

Totally denied, i recently used Bolt from Floating market to Pratumnak at a cost of 61baht.

Are you suggesting you chose to use these normal taxi instead of this ( or other apps ), is this just so you can complain?

Or do you deny these options exisit?

• Like 1

Just now, Leaver said:

I know many Thai's who have had to sell their possessions, including cars and property.  

All these Thai's divulge they're personal details to you do they?

I suggest that you should believe them all so easily, they like to tell fibs, face etc etc, are you familiar with that or not?

Just now, HashBrownHarry said:

Totally denied, i recently used Bolt from Floating market to Pratumnak at a cost of 61baht.

Are you suggesting you chose to use these normal taxi instead of this ( or other apps ), is this just so you can complain?

Or do you deny these options exisit?

Are you suggesting "normal taxis" should not exist in Pattaya, like they do in Bangkok, just a short distance away?  After all, Pattaya is  World Class Tourists Destination and World Class Tourist Destinations have metered taxis.  ???? 

Are you suggesting "normal taxis" should not exist in Pattaya, like they do in Bangkok, just a short distance away?  After all, Pattaya is  World Class Tourists Destination and World Class Tourist Destinations have metered taxis.  ???? 

Don't care if they continue to exist or not, don't use them when there's better options, why would i?

2 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Well, it really does not make much sense to look at something other than the road when i'm driving or are you suggesting this is a good idea?

Hire a metered taxi and drive around. Then you can see all the closed businesses. 

Until then, it appears you have no observations to base your comments on.