Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Cabinet gives green light to new 120kph speed limit

snoop1130

44 minutes ago, EricTh said:

They were already doing 120kph. So this makes it legal....

Even on non-highways, I see quite a number of big trucks exceeding the speed limit.

there's me scratching my head... I thought 120 Kph is already the current limit on the highway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

I think I need to go into the undertaker business and rent out refrigerated caskets.  Looks like the investment will pay off nicely.  Have not found anything that says it is a Thai only job.

plenty of reefers around Laem Chabang

3 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The speed limits will apply on national and rural highways of four lanes separated by a barrier and without U-turn points.

Translated:

No one will care about U-turn points therefore Thais will consider all national and rural highways to have a new maximum speed of 120 kph which will translate to 150+ kph for anyone with a new-model HiSo car which any Thai who has a pulse will be able to buy on credit.  That will introduce a new level of carnage to Thai roads that will be beyond description.
Thais simply do not have adequate driving skills to travel at those speeds.  It will be a combination of excess speed coupled with asinine driving habits that will lead to slaughter:  Fools driving at speeds beyond their ability to handle meeting other fools driving like idiots at extremely slow speeds.  Even people who are driving safely will be in the slaughter-zone now as those vehicles travelling at really excessive speeds will start wiping out everything around them in a cascade effect.
Hopefully the HiSos passing these deadly laws will be some of the first to earn Darwin Awards.  What a stupid bunch of morons.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1