Cabinet gives green light to new 120kph speed limit

snoop1130

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Hope you don't mind me saying that Stirling Moss put it a better way.

Speed doesn't kill, lack of driver ability does.

One other quote to add.Jeremy Clarkson I believe? Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that gets you.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

image.png.7ca7a5effd9673470e1c147f5818322f.png

Kind of makes "crazy" sense, especially when there are no cops EVER around, e.g. my 8 to 12 hour travels from Sakon Nakhon to Chiang Mai, Bangkok, Hua Hin, sitting on 120km plus and I was continuously being overtaken ????

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Tyler Visan said:

Anyone know the Thai for CHEVRON?   LOL

And should it not be KEEP 2 CHEVRONS APART in proper English?

Yup, the signs I saw didn’t have the word “ Chevron “ on them, just used a stock photo.

Agree about the strange use of English language though, probably from the U.K. , they need to add “ init “ to make it more understood easily [sic].

Here’s a better example:

F5AC0C4C-87DF-4630-8701-85706DF17B19.jpeg.212858573f13cf713bb43140b9a6d844.jpeg

Edited by Andrew Dwyer
  • Like 1

It going to be a challenge doing 120 kph as Thai nature is to block the passing lane and force everybody to pass on the left. Then there's those traffic jam ups at the red lights every few km or so on the main highways from north to south, east to west...????

• Like 1

The title is another piece of evidence for anglo-autistic folly: The global standard for speed and its notation is km/h, not 'kph'. While I understand that you tend to create an analogical form to what you're used to, you should also understand that the way forward for you is not more fumbling but a clean new start. This wouldn't exclude further use on a lower level of what you're used to. Why should the world's civilised majority put up with the antics of/adapt to a somewhat retarded bully? 

Edited by visacrack
typo
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, EricTh said:

They were already doing 120kph. So this makes it legal....

Even on non-highways, I see quite a number of big trucks exceeding the speed limit.

When I take a private taxi between Pats and BKK the drivers usually cruise at that speed if at all possible.

6 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

How can you get to 120 Kph, when there always seems to be some @rsehole

dawdling along at 60 Kph in the "Fast lane" and will not budge ,horn, lights have no

effect on them.the Government must think the population needs a bit of a cull,

Lets see the results of accidents and deaths in a years time....

regards worgeordie 

Make it a capital offense to be #1 in the queue in any lane except the extreme left. 

13 hours ago, YetAnother said:

thais cannot drive as it is; now this ridiculous govt is green-lighting them driving Faster ?!

Thais are the MOST IMPATIENT and close to the WORST drivers on the planet, most take 5 minutes to go around a blind corner in a lane with 2 feet of clearance on either side, but will zoom at 120KPH on Sukhumvit to reach a red light!

All the Porshe and Lamborgini owners in Government dreamed this up obviously, ignoring the massive daily road toll.

I love Thais, not corruption or stupidity!

13 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Yea, though I drive though the valley of death, I shall fear no (or little), evil, as I am in a Volvo.

I pray for everyone else of course.

I thought you had to wear a cardigan and slippers 24/7 before you were allowed to drive them.

• Haha 2