Hiv Testing, Cheap, Fast, Reliable

realthaideal

Has anybody gone for an HIV test around here ? I'm sure there are a few places. I usually ge tested every couple yrs or so. Usually back in the States. But this time I'd like to do it here. I prefer the cheek swab to the blood drawing methods. Anybody know who does the best, fastest testing, and for the right prices ? Please let me know. Thanks.

You can also go to Maharaj (Suan Dok) hospital (Special Clinic, 13th floor, register on first floor) and it might cost about the same, maybe 500 baht. I get mine done along with other annual or six-month tests.

But there's got to be a cheaper alternative.

Has anybody gone for an HIV test around here ? I'm sure there are a few places. I usually ge tested every couple yrs or so. Usually back in the States. But this time I'd like to do it here. I prefer the cheek swab to the blood drawing methods. Anybody know who does the best, fastest testing, and for the right prices ? Please let me know. Thanks.

Ram 1 is the only hospital in Chiang Mai that I know of that does both the antibody and antigen tests for HIV. The antigen will detect infection as early as two weeks after infection while the antibody test will only show you three months back or further. The price is 600 baht I believe for each test and the results are available in two hours.

Believe the Red Cross offers anonymous HIV testing service. They are down on the river near Nakorn Ping Bridge between US consulate and Warowot Market. Anonymous clinic is upstairs, separate from the normal registration/reception.

You can get results in 24 hours for about 100 Baht, or within 30 mins for about 200 Baht. Not tried personally but have heard good reports.

McCormick hospital is where I get mine done. Total=500 baht (This includes Dr's fee/nurses fee/HIV anti-body test). Show up before 11am and they will have the results at 3pm. If you show up after 11 and want results same day, you can pay 200 baht "emergency" fee and they will have your results within a couple hours. They also have the P24 antigen test available, but this is only useful if you've had questionable contact within 3-14 days.

Believe the Red Cross offers anonymous HIV testing service. They are down on the river near Nakorn Ping Bridge between US consulate and Warowot Market. Anonymous clinic is upstairs, separate from the normal registration/reception.

You can get results in 24 hours for about 100 Baht, or within 30 mins for about 200 Baht. Not tried personally but have heard good reports.

It's been over a year since I last donated blood at the Red Cross, but when I did, I seem to recall HIV testing was done as part of the process.

That is free, although they take a bit of your blood (it's not as if you cannot afford to lose it; you may feel a little faint afterwards but that's all). On the whole, I think it's a fair deal.

My personal doctor and most other people I know recommend & use the Red Cross. They're fast, cheap, anonymous & reliable (they draw blood). Only time another hospital checked was once when I had surgery (hospitals will do a check before any surgical procedure).