Proof of Address for renewing driving license

Good Morning, 

Went to mochit to renew my driving license this morning - address from digital work permit not accepted. 

UK expat working here - Quickest way to get proof of address?

UK Embassy - what's the current cost for proof of residency?

I do 90 day reports at Chamchuree Square - can i get a proof of address from there or need to go out to Chaengwatana?

What's the wait time on proof of address from immigration? I read you go apply then wait 2 weeks for them to post?

Any advice much appreciated - just want to get the Proof of address in a timely fashion. 

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Do you get it straightaway, or do they mail it to you?

got it within two hours.  Submitted my proof to the IO, then went away for a coffee, returned and collected the C of R,  2 hours later.  

1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

got it within two hours.  Submitted my proof to the IO, then went away for a coffee, returned and collected the C of R,  2 hours later.  

That's good to know (presumably Bangkok?).  Hopefully as I still have the old-style blue book work permit, I won't need one when I renew my licence on 24 December.

2 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

That's good to know (presumably Bangkok?).  Hopefully as I still have the old-style blue book work permit, I won't need one when I renew my licence on 24 December.

No, it was in the Jomtien Office

16 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

What if you're on a Covid-19 extension with no work permit? Any chance of getting a 5 year licence renewed?

Depends on with which visa you entered Thailand, if it's a non-immigrant visa (or if you converted a tourist visa to a non-immigrant visa in Thailand) you will get a 5 years license, if it's a tourist visa you will get 2 years

3 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

Does anyone know if they will accept a Yellow book and/or Pink Thai ID for foreigners, as proof of address, or do I have to go to Jomtien Immigration?

Used my Yellow Tabien Baan twice to renew driver license in BKK at Sukhumvit 99 location.

Ok so British Embassy charge 50GBP, earliest appointment mid next week. 

Ended up going to Chamchuree with our offices agent. Filled out the form - at the end they gave me a slip to come collect the document on the 17th of Dec. 

Longer wait time than the embassy but only 200thb. Thanks for the advice!

5 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

Does anyone know if they will accept a Yellow book and/or Pink Thai ID for foreigners, as proof of address, or do I have to go to Jomtien Immigration?

Yes they will accept you yellow book and pink ID as I renewed my licence in October and showed them. Also they used my pink id number instead of my passport number. One thing to remember is when you do the tests they want to see your passport. Hope this helps.

3 minutes ago, dsj said:

Yes they will accept you yellow book and pink ID

Yours is the first report I have seen about accepting yellow book as previously Pattaya DLT insisted on a COR from Jomtien. Perhaps it was more because of the pink ID - or have they changed?

3 hours ago, jackdd said:

Depends on with which visa you entered Thailand, if it's a non-immigrant visa (or if you converted a tourist visa to a non-immigrant visa in Thailand) you will get a 5 years license, if it's a tourist visa you will get 2 years

Thank you. I entered on a tourist visa. So even though I already have a 5-year licence, they will only renew it for 2 years? And do I need to show proof of address? If so, how would I get that?

6 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

They accept it in Buriram..could be a different story in your area.

21 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

One office in Trat does, the other main office does or not depending what woman serves you. :post-4641-1156694572: I Would phone them or get someone who speaks Thai to speak for you.

On 12/3/2020 at 10:26 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

I renewed my licence last year with my paper workpermit (I had to go to some effort to change my address on my WP as I had moved.

- Tivanon road office, Nonthaburi. 

20 minutes ago, DavisH said:

I renewed my licence last year with my paper workpermit (I had to go to some effort to change my address on my WP as I had moved.

- Tivanon road office, Nonthaburi. 

I've had the same WP book for 10 years now and it still shows my first address in Thailand.  When I've asked HR if they can update it they just say it's not a problem (or "too much trouble").  As a result my driving licence shows the same old address.

I have a motorbike and car licence 2 year tourist which ran out last February, was going to renew on my usual return in the same month but of course COVID closed the borders and I have been unable to return, so can anyone advise me on the ability to renew when I can return, without going through testing if possible.

I am 74 now and in complete control of my faculties

Thanks in advance

On 12/3/2020 at 10:42 AM, KhunKenAP said:

They accepted my yellow book in Udon Thani, just did my 5 year renewal last week

On 12/3/2020 at 10:42 AM, KhunKenAP said:

In August my yellow book was not accepted at Pattaya DLT. Change of rules since my last renewal when it was accepted.

Archived