Golden Retrievers or Terriers

28 minutes ago, carlyai said:

How do they handle themselves against the Soi dogs?

A Jack (like most terriers) can handle himself against ANY opposition! (and if he has the backup of a doggie partner all bets are off) Super little barkers. But they are high-energy dogs that need high-energy owners.

Our Thai-style (large = 5-6kg) Chihuahuas are also game little chaps, they'll also take on all comers. They spend most of their day asleep with one ear cocked ready to attack!!

You do seem to be targetting two very different kinds of dog. What exactly do you want from the creature who will become your best friend (or friends if you have lots of space)?

The very dogs you are counting out (x-breed soi dogs) can make marvellous pets who will reward you with boundless love. Adopt a faithful friend or two, zero cost until you get to the vet of course.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Crossy said:

A Jack can handle himself against ANY opposition! (and if he has the backup of a doggie partner all bets are off) Super little barkers. But they are high-energy dogs that need high-energy owners.

Our Thai-style (large = 5-6kg) Chihuahuas are also game little chaps, they'll also take on all comers. They spend most of their day asleep with one ear cocked ready to attack!!

You do seem to be targetting two very different kinds of dog. What exactly do you want from the creature who will become your best friend (or friends if you have lots of space)?

The very dogs you are counting out (x-breed soi dogs) can make marvellous pets who will reward you with boundless love.

Started off thinking about Jack Russells then remembered the retreivers. We always had foxterriers when I was young.

Male and female Jack Russel would be nice.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Jack Russells are a better choice, short hair is easier to care for in the Thai climate.

Golden retrievers have lovely natures, but they are as thick as two planks.

Oh, I thought they were smart. Thanks.

Never seen my boy in a scrap thankfully, but if a dog comes on to our land, he turns into a satanic frenzy, & off they run.

Friend of mine in the UK long ago had one, & my god he would take on a dog twice his size & win!

They are full of high octane energy, loyal & very affectionate.