Issues / Comments over time from various Immigration Offices

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

Chose the path of least resistance ...

not always the best solution, as you will be told one thing one year and then the opposite the next.

like "you can't use a bank account in another province for your extension you need one locally"

next year "why did you change accounts", because I was told to by immigration "well you shouldn't have listened".

least resistance year 1 caused problems year 2.

On 12/7/2020 at 11:59 AM, foreverlomsak said:

d)    Despite 3 years of extensions previously, also having copies of Khor Ror 2 and Khor Ror 3, you are not married in Immigrations eyes if you can’t produce a copy of the MFA certified “Affirmation of Freedom to Marry”, you will need to change to retirement.

Funny you should mention this, I lost the plot on the wife yesterday because all the receipts, vehicle papers and immigration were in a right state - so we spent the day sorting through folders of unwanted copies and receipts for broken purchases.

I found the mfa translation or a stamped copy of along with the original from the British embassy. The wife was going to sling them .. luckily i saved them.

3 hours ago, recom273 said:

I found the mfa translation or a stamped copy of along with the original from the British embassy. The wife was going to sling them .. luckily i saved them.

To be honest I believe this was just an excuse to get out of their paperchase (and referral to higher authority), retirement is done on the day whereas marriage requires 2 visits.

I know of nobody else who has ever been asked for the MFA papers.