45-day Tourist Visa Mulled

snoop1130

4 hours ago, bullseye66 said:

Until they scrap the quarentine period there will be no increase in your regular tourists. If guys are going on vacation for 2 or 3 weeks it makes no difference if you get 30 days or 45 days on arrival.

There is also the point that for example Pattaya is suffering badly from lack of tourist income.  Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think it's a place that attracts high end tourists. More likely it attracts the tourist who has saved all year for a 2/3/4  week bar/girl/beer holiday.

Plus young couples on their first holiday together in the exotic far east. All those probabably drop a fair lump of cash into the system.

Add the cost of insurance, quarantine etc etc and they are not going to come.

Another question, what are the 'well heeled' visitors going to spend their money on when many places are shut down?

• Like 1

On 12/7/2020 at 12:48 PM, ThailandRyan said:

So this will be called the QOA Visa, or Quarantine on Arrival before enjoying our Covid free vacation.  Not sure anyone can get afford 6 weeks off from work let alone actually obtaining the time off all in a row, in the real normal world.  

Every 2 years i get 3 or 4 weeks vacation in december or a 2 or 3 weeks vacation in januari. Usually i spend those 6/7 weeks in Thailand. Next year december i plan to travel again. 

On 12/7/2020 at 10:22 AM, JeffersLos said:

Perhaps they mean Visa Exemption stamps that people arriving without a visa get (nationality allowing). 

But, who the h3ll knows what the h3ll they're on about. 

What's also laughable is yet another committee  "The government’s business easing committee".......

• Haha 1

On 12/7/2020 at 2:35 AM, madmitch said:

The 45-day tourist visa idea will apply to visitors from the 56 countries where Thailand has granted 30-day visa upon arrival, in order to make up for 14-day quarantine.

They still haven't worked out that the vast majority of potential tourists will not come if there is any sort of quarantine, though I will admit that it is, for once, a logical suggestion.

The entry method you quote from pre Covid days was a visa exempt entry.  Visa on arrival was a thing for people from a smaller number of countries but the permit to stay was only 14 days with no extensions possible

• Like 1

Why not make a tourist visa for 90 days.  I could not get a 90day visa, only

60 days, and had to find the immigration in BKK for extension.  Only a work visa

had 90 days.  I would have thought that during these non tourist times that, Thailand

would try to improve conditions for their visitors.

Wishful thinking.

Geezer

58 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Why not make a tourist visa for 90 days. 

Been there, done that.

It was called an STV. And it could be extended twice foe a total of 270 days.

It seems to have been put-down, not sure why, and replaced with the TR60.

This 45 day "thing" is simply today's "idea".

Saw a report that the STV is back on again, to be made available to every country regardless of their COVID infection situation.

Edited by mtls2005

On 12/7/2020 at 7:30 PM, IgboChief said:

Sorry, but that must have been a meter hanging over a burning trash can.

Even Lagos does not exceed 600 during harmattan and grid blackouts.

My quoted figure was accurate and even astonished me.

On 12/7/2020 at 6:22 PM, JeffersLos said:

Perhaps they mean Visa Exemption stamps that people arriving without a visa get (nationality allowing). 

But, who the h3ll knows what the h3ll they're on about. 

Well they don't. That's for sure. ????

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2020 at 1:49 AM, Traubert said:

And, of course, catch Covid 19. Now available in Miami for all those who want it.

But I don't have it.. at least not in a form that makes me sick by the definition of sick in 2019.

Btw, in the entire USA there are 10 million recoveries and 7+million active cases. Barely above 2% of the entire population. 2 people of every 100 on the street.

No reason for anyone here to endure 14 days jail in a Thai hotel room.