Phuket: Island should be "Safe Haven" to ride out Covid for foreign tourists

webfact

Phuket: Island should be "Safe Haven" to ride out Covid for foreign tourists

5pm.jpg.db83e77a2e37239dff9662f1d7edf976.jpg.2d31a5fdbd4608b218c857aa29071304.jpg

Picture: Bangkok Biz News

A study group has suggested a short term solution to some of Phuket's tourism woes.

The UddC or Urban Design and Development Center noted that Thailand has a "Hyper Tourism Dependency", reported Bangkok Biz News.

This means that the country was overly reliant on tourism. Phuket was no different. 

The UddC thus proposed that Phuket should set up what they called an "Immunitised Community".

Effectively this appears to be a fancy buzzword for a travel bubble. 

In this plan Phuket would become a safe haven for foreigners who want to ride out the pandemic away from their home countries. 

Under this idea a "community"  would originate in the homeland of the foreigner, continue through the quarantine process and involve the wider area around the quarantine area in a place like Phuket. 

Though not a long term solution this was an answer over the coming months. 

Source: Bangkok Biz News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-08

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Under this idea a "community"  would originate in the homeland of the foreigner, continue through the quarantine process and involve the wider area around the quarantine area in a place like Phuket. 

Are they serious?

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Is this not still tourism dependent?

If I were able to return to LOS in the immediate future ( which I would definitely like to do, as a tourist devoid country would be wonderful to visit ), the prospect of spending the visit in Phuket would change my mind.

I stopped going there because it fundamentally changed and was just not worth it anymore. That opinion has not changed.

21 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If I were able to return to LOS in the immediate future ( which I would definitely like to do, as a tourist devoid country would be wonderful to visit ), the prospect of spending the visit in Phuket would change my mind.

I stopped going there because it fundamentally changed and was just not worth it anymore. That opinion has not changed.

its absolutely wonderful here currently