Surat Thani - Retirement Extension Requirements

I have a Non O-A retirement extension.  It comes up for renewal in February.   For years I got my extensions in BKK (Chaeng Wattana) but I recently moved to the south.  I'm in Koh Phangan now so may apply at the Koh Samui Immigration office.  But I may move to Surat Thani before then.  Any unusual requirements at the ST Immigration office?  For example, Samui requires a copy of a lease and a health certificate (neither required in BKK).  Does ST require the same?  Any other requirements or general suggestions about extending in ST?

As far as I know Surat Thani immigration does not require a medical certificate. Not sure if they have any odd requirment like Samui does. 

Requiring a copy of lease or rental agreement is required by many immigration offices for proof of residence.

20 hours ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

I have a Non O-A retirement extension.  It comes up for renewal in February.   For years I got my extensions in BKK (Chaeng Wattana) but I recently moved to the south.  I'm in Koh Phangan now so may apply at the Koh Samui Immigration office.  But I may move to Surat Thani before then.  Any unusual requirements at the ST Immigration office?  For example, Samui requires a copy of a lease and a health certificate (neither required in BKK).  Does ST require the same?  Any other requirements or general suggestions about extending in ST?

I have lived in Sutatthani for over 5 years.
The easiest and most effective is to go see them a month before your extension expires. Depending on your nationality and your status, the charming manager will tell you what to present.
If you have all the documents the process takes less than an hour!

On 12/9/2020 at 1:05 PM, TerraplaneGuy said:

For example, Samui requires a copy of a lease and a health certificate (neither required in BKK).

Are you saying you did not need one of those TGIA approved insurance policies when you obtained your retirement extension off of your OA visa in Bangkok?

On 12/9/2020 at 1:22 PM, ubonjoe said:

As far as I know Surat Thani immigration does not require a medical certificate

Not required for extension renewal off of an OA visa? What other provinces have dropped the TGIA insurance requirement for OA visa extensions?

22 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Are you saying you did not need one of those TGIA approved insurance policies when you obtained your retirement extension off of your OA visa in Bangkok?

Being Surat Thani, it would be a health check-up certficate from a hospital, like what's demanded by the Koh Samui branch, the posters didn't mention insurance.

Only very few immigration offices requires a health certificate for issuing a year-long extension of stay, Surat Thani's Samui branch is one, and that branch also covers Koh Phangan...????

1 hour ago, JimGant said:

Not required for extension renewal off of an OA visa? What other provinces have dropped the TGIA insurance requirement for OA visa extensions?

Nothing to do with Covid.

Just a regular health certificate that is not a requirement but one or two offices think different.

Samui being one of them.

1 hour ago, JimGant said:

That is something different.  I am not referring to a health insurance certificate.  I am referring to a medical certificate which, I am told, Koh Samui Immigration requires for an extension.  It comes directly from a doctor or hospital and certifies you are in good health.  It is in addition to the insurance certificate.  But it is not required in many or most offices such as Chaeng Wattana.  So I was asking if it is required in Surat Thani.

5 hours ago, AsterixThai said:

I have lived in Sutatthani for over 5 years.
The easiest and most effective is to go see them a month before your extension expires. Depending on your nationality and your status, the charming manager will tell you what to present.
If you have all the documents the process takes less than an hour!

Thanks.  Do you recall whether the charming manager asked you last time for a copy of your lease and a doctor's medical certificate (not an insurance certificate)?

Archived