Mattress what would you reommend brand wise?

stupidfarang

On 12/11/2020 at 1:46 PM, CLW said:

IKEA. Just bought it for new bed, also from IKEA. Slept very well since the first night. If you want firm mattress, you'll have to choose extra firm and that is still a little bit softer than usual Thai mattress but acceptable.

You are the third poster recommending ikea. I tried ikea myself and I would agree. However, if you read the reviews online they seem to get defects after 1-2 years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pravda said:

You are the third poster recommending ikea. I tried ikea myself and I would agree. However, if you read the reviews online they seem to get defects after 1-2 years. 

Don't they have warranty for IKEA mattress? I'm not sure about it but I've read something like 5 or 10 years

• 3 weeks later...

Simmons/Beautyrest /Serta- pillow top or   Sealy/Tempurpedic - pillow top with a rotation  once a month. Mattress light it is easy to do.

I will not buy latex because it gives off byproduct fumes and is  quite flammable.

Will never ever buy an Ikea product because they are poorly made with the cheapest components. It is disposable furniture.

Have not purchased traditional full coil mattress in 10+ years.

I invest in a quality mattress cover that protects the mattress from the penetration of insects and dead skin.

Double pillow protector under the pillow case and wash pillow protector regularly.

Fact: According to materials published by Ohio State University, a typical used mattress may have 100,000 to 10 million mites inside. Ten percent of the weight of a two-year-old pillow can be composed of dead mites and their droppings. Mites prefer warm, moist surroundings such as the inside of a mattress when someone is on it. One of their favorite foods is dead skin, and people shed about one fifth of an ounce of the stuff every week, some of which surely ends up flaking into your mattress. (Also gross: About 80 percent of the material seen floating in a sunbeam is, in fact, flakes of dead skin.)https://www.livescience.com/33097-does-your-mattress-really-gain-weight-over-time-.html

Pass the vacuum over your mattress using hand tool 1X per month to control mites.

• Like 1