Neighbour's dispute in Condominium

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Looking at the photo, the batteries on the right are a risk due to potential acid leakage.

An excellent suggestion, CDF. Hoist with his own petard.

Thanks for pointing that out 

5 minutes ago, alyx said:

Thought about that and yes, I think that would be a thing to do and will eventually be done

thanks 

I thought about it afterwards, it might end up costing you guys a lot of money if the inspectors are half decent at their job, I have a fair bit of experience about fire regulations and lots of the older condo blocks are nowhere near the standard required, where is the nearest fire escape to where he has dumped his stuff? any fire extinguishers? fire alarms? 

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

I thought about it afterwards, it might end up costing you guys a lot of money if the inspectors are half decent at their job, I have a fair bit of experience about fire regulations and lots of the older condo blocks are nowhere near the standard required, where is the nearest fire escape to where he has dumped his stuff? any fire extinguishers? fire alarms? 

Actually the condo is 35 years old meaning that, by law, it is not required to to be to the norms ( built before 1992) but the committee plans to upgrade it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, alyx said:

Thanks. 
you are quite correct and I hold the same stance. I think that, although I am all for a  friendly solution, it is a better path. The 72 hours is a legal window ? 

72 hours was simply my suggestion for the official final notice from the committee and/or lawyer/juristic person - according to condo rules, legal advice or standard practice.

he's already been notified of the deadline for removing stuff that all the other tenants have complied with.  he doesn't need or deserve another month. 

• Like 2

uses 

7 hours ago, redwood1 said:

He might be a hoarder.....They will put up a fight to keep their stuff...You will have to move it for him because he never will...

image.jpeg.6d14c242fab3f575e0ed7181c036a7b4.jpeg

555 Yes...but he refuses (even storing it for free )

On 12/9/2020 at 4:24 PM, alyx said:

What can be done ?

Pretty much whatever you want, he has no legal right to put his stuff in the common area, he is creating a nuisance for the cleaning staff, a fire hazard, and degrading the aesthetics of the building.

Give him a deadline to remove it, make it clear that not only will his stuff be removed, if he does not do so himself, he will have to pay for having it removed, and if you store it in the building, he will have to pay rent for storage, but put a limit on how long you are going to store it for him.

However, this should come from the juristic person manager, that person has the authority to do this, the committee’s authority is less clear (they are affectively just there to oversee management, where JPM has all the power and authority).

I am not sure if registered mail really works in Thailand, where most mail just gets delivered at the front desk, but if possible, send the notice to him by registered mail.

• 3 months later...