Koh Samui: New "landmark" brings in the authorities - and sexy tourists!

webfact

1 hour ago, Swimfan said:

That’s the baby box. Here’s a picture of it’s big sister up the road. 

There are 15-20 of these transformer boxes on Chaweng Beach Road and most of them are blocking the foot path because there is no other space for them.

This can't be a mistake/misunderstanding, I guess they will make the street a walking street otherwise I can't see how they will solve this problem.

• Like 2

Back in the 90’s we used to stay in Charlie’s Huts on Chwaeng beach. 300 baht per night without aircon which I wasn’t keen on, but the pay off was a high percentage of the European girls staying there would walk around topless all day, even eating at the restaurant with them out, chatting away with us without a hint of shyness. 

I would be walking around with half a mongrel all day.

Good memories. The good old days. 

4 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Oh, I dunno. Perhaps it could be seen as positive, to prove that drivers can avoid obstacles in the road?

I guess you have a point, avoiding electric poles, street lights, trees, and billboards however pose a bigger plomlem.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Brilliant! Build a high voltage unit 50 cm into the roadway and with no barriers to protect it from rouge traffic lol ???? lol ???? 

Somebody's face will definitely be red when this cosmetic coverup is fully examined.

The one that always got me was the big boulder sticking out of the  ground just outside the  7-11 near Bangrak Fresh Market. They just paved around it.

Thankfully, with the new road widening and drainage update, they recently removed it. Now they need to get rid of the lamp post base with big studs sticking out of the pavement outside Central Festival. I've  tripped over  that one myself.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 1:54 PM, Swimfan said:

That’s the baby box. Here’s a picture of it’s big sister up the road. ????

C5C27128-366F-43FB-A3F6-D18FE9C79063.png

I have very little knowledge of high voltage stuff so hopefully somebody can shed some light on this for me. Are these boxes waterproof and all the high voltage bits far up the cabinet? Just thinking about some of the flash floods reaching the bottom of the cabinet and sending the entire road into breakdancing...

• 3 months later...
On 12/11/2020 at 2:08 PM, Natai Beach said:

Back in the 90’s we used to stay in Charlie’s Huts on Chwaeng beach. 300 baht per night without aircon which I wasn’t keen on, but the pay off was a high percentage of the European girls staying there would walk around topless all day, even eating at the restaurant with them out, chatting away with us without a hint of shyness. 

I would be walking around with half a mongrel all day.

Good memories. The good old days. 

I passed by Charlie's hut many times, but never stayed there. Regardless, when it closed, LOS lost something fundamental to why so many flocked there. Now it's just about money and greed.

BTW, back then 300 was pretty standard for a decent room with cold water ensuite, and no AC. Beaches were also fantastic before the flashpackers ruined them with demands for concrete rooms, hot water, AC and tv.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2020 at 7:06 PM, phetphet said:

The one that always got me was the big boulder sticking out of the  ground just outside the  7-11 near Bangrak Fresh Market. They just paved around it.

Thankfully, with the new road widening and drainage update, they recently removed it. Now they need to get rid of the lamp post base with big studs sticking out of the pavement outside Central Festival. I've  tripped over  that one myself.

Long ago I stayed in a room near the Had Rin pier that had a huge boulder in the room. Part of the charm of LOS back then. The entire resort had been replaced when I returned years later, so never able to stay in that room again. I miss those sanuk days.