Do "Under Consideration" returnees need to wait on line outside? (And can be a day late?)

Hi Everyone,

Now that the K Counter's been moved to it's new building it seems you can't just walk into the final step application office as before when just needing to show your passport for the final confirmation stamp of the received tourist visa extension. 

I've booked an appointment time for Monday the 14th, but the line outside to even show that will still hours-long. With no forms to fill out nor have approved, is there a process allowing certain visitors to circumvent the same hours-long waiting process required for initial visa extension applications?

Secondarily, in anticipation of this Monday after a holiday being busy at MTT, if I instead went in on Tuesday, one day after my Under Consideration stamp says I should be there, will I be hit with a penalty? 

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No problem to go a day after your report back date.

Oh, I'm surprised to hear that.

But happy for sure. Monday will probably be a madhouse. Thanks!

I'd still need to wait in line with every other person visiting K Counter that day, huh?

4 minutes ago, allencraig said:

I'd still need to wait in line with every other person visiting K Counter that day, huh?

If you show them you have a under consideration stamp they move you ahead of the others or direct you where to go.

Why will Monday be so bad? As far as I know, everyone who applied for a 60-day extension on Nov 30th was given an under consideration date of Dec 15th. Or did they initially give stamps for the Dec 14th on Nov 30th and later change to the 15th? There were a lot of people there on Nov 30th... they stayed open late, and finished probably close to midnight (I left around 10pm and there were about 100 people behind me in line.) I think they removed the cap on appointments for Nov 30th, because previous days had been booked a week ahead of time, yet they seemed to allow unlimited bookings for the 30th.

They still have bookings open for morning and afternoon on the 14th and 15th, so maybe a lot of people went early or will go late, because if most people go on the exact date, the 15th will be a mess. I'm thinking of going a day late, since apparently that's not a problem. 

53 minutes ago, trappedinasia said:

Why will Monday be so bad? As far as I know, everyone who applied for a 60-day extension on Nov 30th was given an under consideration date of Dec 15th. Or did they initially give stamps for the Dec 14th on Nov 30th and later change to the 15th? There were a lot of people there on Nov 30th... they stayed open late, and finished probably close to midnight (I left around 10pm and there were about 100 people behind me in line.) I think they removed the cap on appointments for Nov 30th, because previous days had been booked a week ahead of time, yet they seemed to allow unlimited bookings for the 30th.

They still have bookings open for morning and afternoon on the 14th and 15th, so maybe a lot of people went early or will go late, because if most people go on the exact date, the 15th will be a mess. I'm thinking of going a day late, since apparently that's not a problem. 

I received my return by Dec. 14 stamp on the 30th, but I was there a few hours before you, trappedinasia. So I imagine they stamped a certain number of people to return on the 14th, then moved onto the 15th after X number of people. There were so many people there on the 30th maybe they even needed to stamp people to return on the 16th, too. 

Mondays in general are busy days, and with a 4-day weekend, I'm assuming there will be even more. And if they "filled up" their "under consideration until Dec. 14th" allotment as well, it will surely be a full house.

But if many people there on the 30th received "..until Dec. 15th" stamps, I imagine there will plenty at MTT on Tuesday the 15th as well, though I'm still betting less than on Monday.

But your point about there still being appointment time slots available both morning and afternoon IS good news, so with luck Monday and definitely Tuesday will be MUCH less crowded than the craziness we suffered through back on the 30th. 

Thanks (and good luck on Tuesday!)

Okay, that makes sense. I thought the under consideration date was usually 14 days later, and mine was 15 days later, so I wondered if they were spreading it out a bit. I don't think it will be too bad, because at least they spread us out over two days, and we won't be submitting full applications, so line should move quickly, I suppose.  

9 hours ago, trappedinasia said:

Okay, that makes sense. I thought the under consideration date was usually 14 days later, and mine was 15 days later, so I wondered if they were spreading it out a bit. I don't think it will be too bad, because at least they spread us out over two days, and we won't be submitting full applications, so line should move quickly, I suppose.  

I got under consideration stamp to return 19/1 with paperwork submitted 26/11, almost 2 months...

Can I ask what you put in for "objective/counter" section on the online appointment site please?? My date to go back after my first 'under consideration' stamp for marriage is tomorrow and I am trying to make the process as quick and smooth as possible.

Thanks.

31 minutes ago, eastcst84 said:

Can I ask what you put in for "objective/counter" section on the online appointment site please?? My date to go back after my first 'under consideration' stamp for marriage is tomorrow and I am trying to make the process as quick and smooth as possible.

There is no appointment available for the getting your stamp. Same for doing the application based upon marriage.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no appointment available for the getting your stamp. Same for doing the application based upon marriage.

Thank you ubonjoe! Ok, since it's my first time with this, can you let me know where I should be heading when I arrive there, so I can make everything the smoothest and quickest way possible?

Thanks again for all your information!

Just got stamped til January 29. Initially when I arrived I was instructed to go to 4th floor counter K. Once arrived I saw a small line with one of the IO checking passports and also was checking if I made an appointment which I did. Total wait time about 1 and half hour from arrival to departure from MTT

On 12/15/2020 at 3:44 PM, Tunaboi said:

Just got stamped til January 29. Initially when I arrived I was instructed to go to 4th floor counter K. Once arrived I saw a small line with one of the IO checking passports and also was checking if I made an appointment which I did. Total wait time about 1 and half hour from arrival to departure from MTT

This was my experience as well. MUCH BETTER organized than on Nov. 30, I'm sure partially because they had to accomodate so many fewer people. The initial line begins on the 4th floor right in front of the elevator and stairs. It leads to a small desk sitting right there in the hallway.

So to answer eastcst84 ior anyone else, always make an online appointment (in this case for Counter K), and go to the 4th floor. 

Archived