Covid testing and fit to fly in Sydney

Could someone who has completed the Covid testing and got their fit to fly letter please help me by suggesting places that provide the testing and documents.

I have been out of Australia for a few years working abroad and I am returning to get my visa to re-enter Thailand. I am not familiar with climics and doctors in Sydney, so if anyone can assist, I would be grateful.

4 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

You maynot  be granted permission to leave the country once you have returned.

Contact DFAT in the country you are currently residing for advice

Not true. The OP has been out of Australia for a few years, resident and working overseas, so he would automatically qualify to leave Australia. 

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/leaving-australia#toc-3

OP: It's easy to book an appointment with a doctor - just download the Healthengine app.

Edited by dbrenn

9 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

You maynot  be granted permission to leave the country once you have returned.

Contact DFAT in the country you are currently residing for advice

True, right now Australian citizens need need permission to leave the country, but there are exemptions, e.g. if you can prove that you are normally resident in another country then exemption is automatic, in fact no need to apply, just show your proof at airport check-in  (resident is not necessarily meaning a passport holder for the other country).

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visa-conditions-subsite/Pages/seeking-permission-to-travel.aspx

Scroll down a little to the relevant subject.

Do a google search for Covid test centers, but check that the place you go to can provide quick response by e.mail. Unless there's some urgency or similar fee the test is free to Australians.

Any doctor can quickly provide a Fit to Fly letter.  There's many formats of the letter, all very similar, one example:

Takes 5 minutes, can be on Medicare or DVA Gold card.

image.png

Edited by scorecard
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, MAF666 said:

When I went through this process flying out of Sydney, it started with the COE document on the Royal Thai Embassy website in Canberra.

They are extremely helpful.

Permission to leave from Australian Border Protection was granted in 4 hours. Tick the box to apply  for travel over 90 days.

Stayed in CBD for 5 days before flying to get all of the tests and timing right. World Square has a clinic open 7 days who know what is required. 

Silver Palm ASQ was tb50000. A large room with a balcony. 

Bingo. 90 days is the correct answer its as simple as that. 

If you can prove via passport you have spent more than 6 months out of oz in the last year just go straight to the airport no letter needed 

Thanks to everyone for the help.

I already have received the permission email to leave Australia and although I qualify as I have been out of Australia for quite some time, it is still required when applying for the COE.

I have found the Thai embassies in Canberra and Sydney to be very helpful and responsive to emails which has made the application process quite easy.

• Like 1