Elasticated Bandages

xkkpafi

4 hours ago, xkkpafi said:

Dictionaries don't seem agreed on the Thai word for an elasticated bandage, the type worn by sports participants to provide support to knees, ankles, wrists and the suchlike. Grateful if anyone knows this, cheers.

I was lucky enough to find a pharmacy in Kamphaeng Phet that had some and several of the staff also spoke good English. What you might try is a search on Google for what you want, then highlight the English name and do a Google Translate.

I usually save a picture of what I want with English and translated Thai name then print it out. Showing a picture also helps a lot and if the pharmacy has them you could ask nicely if they would put the Thai name on the paper for you.

You may also find what you need on Lazada etc.

On 12/15/2020 at 11:33 PM, Inepto Cracy said:

Try this word in Thai,  ผ้าพันแผลยืดหยุ่น

On 12/15/2020 at 7:41 PM, billd766 said:

several of the staff also spoke good English

Cheers, ผ้าพัน looks a good starting point

Trying to avoid English, only way to expand Thai vocab and avoid the dreaded tinglit!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, xkkpafi said:

Cheers, ผ้าพัน looks a good starting point

Trying to avoid English, only way to expand Thai vocab and avoid the dreaded tinglit!

I am 76 and gave up trying to learn Thai a few years ago. My problem is that I have about 70% hearing in my left ear and about 55% in my right ear. Add to that I am pretty much tone deaf after years of working on jet aircraft during the 1960s with no ear protection.

I can form sentences in Thai but what I think that I said comes out differently in Thai.