Who Lives in Buriram?

Maha Sarakham

37 minutes ago, bermondburi said:

You say you've got 1st hand experience

Over 20 years experience of teaching in Thailand, 12 of which were in Buriram. Also 14 years experience of having a child in Thai education, 12 of which were in Buriram.

That is my experience.

You made many assumptions about schools in Buriram. Now you are trying to goad me by using words such as "great", when I have never used them myself. 

I don't think about how easy or difficult it may be to get a teaching job in Thailand. I know. I gave info on what I know. 

"No AC in 40 degrees." I too was speaking about Thai government schools.

You were incorrect with your assumptions. I just pointed that out. No problems as far as I can see. 

Maybe you might like to "Google" Buriram Pittayakhom School. That would be a start for you. Not the only school in Buriram offering EP but a start for you none the less.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Over 20 years experience of teaching in Thailand, 12 of which were in Buriram. Also 14 years experience of having a child in Thai education, 12 of which were in Buriram.

That is my experience.

You made many assumptions about schools in Buriram. Now you are trying to goad me by using words such as "great", when I have never used them myself. 

I don't think about how easy or difficult it may be to get a teaching job in Thailand. I know. I gave info on what I know. 

"No AC in 40 degrees." I too was speaking about Thai government schools.

You were incorrect with your assumptions. I just pointed that out. No problems as far as I can see. 

Maybe you might like to "Google" Buriram Pittayakhom School. That would be a start for you. Not the only school in Buriram offering EP but a start for you none the less.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

You must be one of those teachers with no qualifications then. Because no teacher with QTS is going to spend 20 years teaching in Thailand. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bermondburi said:

You must be one of those teachers with no qualifications then. Because no teacher with QTS is going to spend 20 years teaching in Thailand. 

All the time that I worked I met the requirements for the Teachers' Council of Thailand.

If you would care to google them you will be able to see the qualifications that I have.

My own circumstances are exactly that. Mine. I would be grateful if you would not try to belittle those you know nothing about. It's obtuse. All this just because I disagreed and corrected you.

Sad.

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

All the time that I worked I met the requirements for the Teachers' Council of Thailand.

If you would care to google them you will be able to see the qualifications that I have.

My own circumstances are exactly that. Mine. I would be grateful if you would not try to belittle those you know nothing about. It's obtuse. All this just because I disagreed and corrected you.

Sad.

Say no more. 

As another poster said it depends on what your wanting it to be, myself im happy leading a quiet life which is just as well because other than the traditional Thai festivals and other traditional activites a trip to a waterfall for a picnic might end up been one of your monthly highlights. My Thai wife,s family live around Phayakaphom Phisai which is around 70k from Buriram so this is where we ended up building a very basic (cheap) house. If i could choose my location now i would try buy land in the mountains around Phetchabun or Chang Rai which if i,m correct the latter is where YouTuber Gorden Tickle lives which looks like a great place to live. Obviously it depends on how flexible your wife is but if you ultimatley decide on Buriram the locals are mad about their football team and the owner as spent a fortune on the infastucture around the Motogp circuit which makes English circuits pale in comparisson. By the way when motogp came to Thailand i stopped looking forward to the waterfall trip but then covid arrived and brought me crashing back down to earth. Good Luck and happy new year.

• Like 2

On 12/17/2020 at 1:34 PM, nickmondo said:

nearly everything i wanted to say has been said in the sensible comments above.

It is great for going to the football, lovely stadium, great atmosphere, and a Premier league team, and very cheap to go watch

It is great for the race track which is situated next to the football ground.  there are lots of events there, but hearing about them is not simple.  need to follow the FB page of the circuit, but the translations are dire.

I visited there 4 times for a few weeks at a time, to check it out, see if i wanted to live there.

as already mentioned, there is very little to do there.

very few places of interest

if your into girlie bars, they dont exist.

if your into numerous choices for massage, your wont get, its very limited.

the people are lovely.

the ex pats are mainly great also

i actually found some of the ex pat eateries very expensive compared to some of the more popular holiday cities.

its a nice place if you like very quiet, and dont want to do much apart from coffee shops and bars.

I decided not to live there........there is just not enough to do there.

i wish i had read earlier posts before i decided to chip in real informative stuff unlike my drivel !!

2 hours ago, case69 said:

i wish i had read earlier posts before i decided to chip in real informative stuff unlike my drivel !!

Every constructive post is appreciated!  Thank you for your insights.  Chiang Rai definitely looks like a nice place to live as well!

• Like 1