Shot of Bangkok pro-democracy protest among Time’s top photos of 2020

snoop1130

Shot of Bangkok pro-democracy protest among Time’s top photos of 2020

By The Nation

800_8b1eaea8b3ea475.jpg

An image of pro-democracy demonstrators gathered at Bangkok’s Kaset intersection near Kasetsart University in October has been chosen as one of Time magazine’s top 100 photos of 2020.

The photo was taken by Sakchai Lalit of the Associated Press on October 19.

It shows a crowd of thousands flashing three-finger salutes of defiance against the Prayut government at the Kaset intersection in Bang Khen district.

Time chose the image among 100 photos that defined the year 2020. Others included shots of a Covid-19 victim hugging a doctor, bush fires raging in the US and Australia, the Black Lives Matter protest, and the deadly chemical explosion in Beirut.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30399767

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-12-17

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mfd101 said:
12 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

A pity that all those people have achieved nothing at all except showing their feelings, and have now given up and gone home for the holidays.

They're planning to be back in the New Year. Which can only be a good thing for Thailand.

True, but I seeing nothing changing. The government has weapons and the protesters have giant rubber ducks. Just the way it is, and as it was in Hong Kong. Look where the protests there got them. I'm just trying to be a realist.

28 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

True, but I seeing nothing changing. The government has weapons and the protesters have giant rubber ducks. Just the way it is, and as it was in Hong Kong. Look where the protests there got them. I'm just trying to be a realist.

At least they are doing what they can do, and without burning business. Besides they do have the attention of the international community. Perseverance and long suffering in their future I fear... change is slow.

• Like 2

Yes, it may take a long time. But things can go frighteningly fast when a critical point is reached. The first public act of defiance against Ceausescu's was when his speech was booed on 21 Dec 1989. Four days later, Christmas Day, he was put against a wall and shot. 

Lets hope Thailand makes a peaceful change. 

• Like 2