Need insurance for COE application

How is this "Smartcare", the executive AXA longstay coverage states...

"The company will not cover for any illness within 30 (thirty) days as from the first inception date which the Covered Person is covered under this policy
(except for accidental injuries)." 

So pay for 12 months and get 11 months of insurance?

On 12/22/2020 at 2:55 PM, Peter Denis said:

The Thai Embassies/Consulates abroad indeed only accept either

- Thai IO-approved policies issued by TGIA-associated insurers and meeting the 400K/40K in/out-patient coverage requirement, OR

- Foreign/international insurance that meets the 400K/40K in/out-patient requirement, as stated in the Foreign Insurance Certificate filled-in and signed by the insurer.

>> I presumed the Sawasdee Thailand policy was a TGIA-issued and approved policy as @Thaindrew did use that policy for that purpose < see higher >.

If that is not the case, there is still the option of the LMG Insurance Plan-1 policy to meet the health-insurance requirement.  And as a French citizen insured with CFE (Caisse des Français de l'Etranger, a semi-private company associated with the French Social Security) you can even get that approved and cheapest available policy at 40% reduction.

If the Sawasdee policy does not cover health-insurance but only meets the 100.000 US $ covid-19 insurance requirement, there are also other options available to meet that requirement (e.g. the SafetyWing travel-insurance package, or if you are 70 years or older the TGIA covid-19 only insurance).

I suppose we shouldn't be completely surprised that different Thai Embassies are applying the rules differently! The Sawasdee Policy is called "travel insurance" but covers the values that are required, the Embassy in Shanghai only took 10 mins to send back approval based on only that policy. The only difference maybe is that I am using this with an Elite Visa, which is only a special tourist visa, rather than other visa types.

44 minutes ago, Thaindrew said:

I suppose we shouldn't be completely surprised that different Thai Embassies are applying the rules differently! The Sawasdee Policy is called "travel insurance" but covers the values that are required, the Embassy in Shanghai only took 10 mins to send back approval based on only that policy. The only difference maybe is that I am using this with an Elite Visa, which is only a special tourist visa, rather than other visa types.

Hi,

When entering on an Elite Visa there is no need for the 400K/40K health insurance requirement.

So there would be no need for a policy that meets that requirement.

But for every entry currently you would need to meet the 100.000 US $ covid-19 treatment coverage insurance. 

9 hours ago, farang51 said:

@Thaindrew does your insurance certificate from Axa state that they cover the 40.000/400.000 baht health insurance requirement? I would love to see a copy of it - of course, with personal info blurred.

Yes, interested to see whether indeed it meets both requirements, which would mean they issue a 400K/40K health-insurance certificate.

However, if the Axa Sawasdee insurance is not recognized as Non Imm O-A compliant policy issued by a TGIA-associated insurer, then you might as well consider SafetyWing travel-insurance to meet the 100.000 US $ covid-19 treatment insurance policy requirement.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2020 at 8:34 AM, Peter Denis said:

Yes, interested to see whether indeed it meets both requirements, which would mean they issue a 400K/40K health-insurance certificate.

However, if the Axa Sawasdee insurance is not recognized as Non Imm O-A compliant policy issued by a TGIA-associated insurer, then you might as well consider SafetyWing travel-insurance to meet the 100.000 US $ covid-19 treatment insurance policy requirement.

the policy covers 3.5million baht of medical expenses specifically including COVID, "Medical expenses due to accident and illness (including COVID19)" that value is for both outpatient and inpatient so not only the 40K baht, its unlimited to 3.5 million. It would also pay out 1.0 million baht for "

Loss of life, Dismemberment, Loss of sight or

Total Permanent Disability due to Accident

(Including 100% Murder Assault and 100% Motorcycle)"

42 minutes ago, Thaindrew said:

the policy covers 3.5million baht of medical expenses specifically including COVID, "Medical expenses due to accident and illness (including COVID19)" that value is for both outpatient and inpatient so not only the 40K baht, its unlimited to 3.5 million.

As I understand, the certificate has to specifically mention that it offers the 40K/400K coverage and the 100K USD COVID coverage. That is why both Peter Dennis and I would like to see the certificate.

3 hours ago, Billpro785 said:

This my copy that I used for my COE from the Thai Embassy in DC, no issues. 

Thanks, nice to see the certificate. It mentions coverage for both outpatient and inpatient as well as COVID so that's perfect.

Archived