Just Cancelled True Vision TV, What Alternatives are Available

Pilotman

1 hour ago, superal said:

I pay 600 baht a month to an iptv provider , just plug in and play and get all the UK channels including BT and SKY sports . This is an easy alternative for low skill I.T. dinosaurs like me . No need for a vpn

what is it, what does it look like and where can I get one? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

what is it, what does it look like and where can I get one? 

You need an android tv box that can be bought from Lazada 1k to 2k baht . I have the H96 box . This connects to your TV in line , i.e. if you have cable/fiber you connect cables to the android box and from the box to the TV . 

After you will need to buy a subscription from an iptv provider who will give you the download info . Once installed when you switch on the TV the app will appear and you click on this to show the programme list . 

Maybe easier if you have a friend who is I.T. familiar cos it will be easy for them to do , which part of Thailand are you living ?       There are many gurus on TVF

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

sky Go costs an additional 17,000 Baht per year for all channels. Still much better and cheaper value than True Vision Platinum package and better channels. 

Most Sky & BT programs are available either on You TUbe or torrents very soon after broadcast. FREE !

33 minutes ago, superal said:

You need an android tv box that can be bought from Lazada 1k to 2k baht . I have the H96 box . This connects to your TV in line , i.e. if you have cable/fiber you connect cables to the android box and from the box to the TV . 

After you will need to buy a subscription from an iptv provider who will give you the download info . Once installed when you switch on the TV the app will appear and you click on this to show the programme list . 

Maybe easier if you have a friend who is I.T. familiar cos it will be easy for them to do , which part of Thailand are you living ?       There are many gurus on TVF

^This. No need for an overpriced box from a shop or a high-end Android/Nvidia Shield box costing B5000 or more unless everything else is really high end. A few months replaced my antique old box with an A95X F3 recently and found it great for my average purposes. Comes with Kodi and Mobdro loaded with addons. Some addons offer the possibility to subscribe for more programs.  

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i1364138112-s3449096944.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1

These newer boxes like HDMI 2.0 more than did the old ones, so you might update your cables if needed. I invested in some good quality Ventions:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/vention-hdmi-cable-20-high-speed-4k-hdmi-male-to-male-cable-3d-60hz-for-hdtv-lcd-projector-laptop-ps3-ps4-switch-hdmi-to-hdmi-cable-i581712973-s1074610473.html?mp=1

Edited by BigStar

1 hour ago, BigStar said:

^This. No need for an overpriced box from a shop or a high-end Android/Nvidia Shield box costing B5000 or more unless everything else is really high end. A few months replaced my antique old box with an A95X F3 recently and found it great for my average purposes. Comes with Kodi and Mobdro loaded with addons. Some addons offer the possibility to subscribe for more programs.  

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i1364138112-s3449096944.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1

Is this box ready for use, no need to add anything to Kodi to be able to watch free movies etc?

29 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Is this box ready for use, no need to add anything to Kodi to be able to watch free movies etc?

Yes. The Kodi is a custom but known build w/ a lot of addons for streaming movies etc. You may read about it here: https://www.revkid.com/tvmc-apk-download-review/

And you can try it out on your PC w/ an Android emulator like Bluestack.

There's quite a lot of content available. One issue, though, I've had w/ streaming movies from these boxes is that typically the movies aren't those I'd care to watch nowadays or again. The bar is set rather low in the free streaming area. A lot of the old pirate streams are now shut down. May still be some--I don't surf the dark web much--but must be dodgy.

Mine's connected to the LAN, so connection speed is quite fast. For Wi-fi I assume the speed is acceptable but proximity of course becomes a consideration.

Hence I always resort to downloading via torrents and play the files via the Android box, which works brilliantly. However, as noted some premium subscriptions are also available that would cover movies, TV, news & sports. According to a poster above somewhere, a premium subscription might be shared--cheaper of course.

Since I hardly stream except for music, another more knowledgeable poster here can give more specific info. We got some seriously dedicated streamers around here!

If you've never used one of these boxes, there's a bit of a learning curve. But resources abound; it's a big industry. Not sure why it's not more widely known around here.

Edited by BigStar
  • Thanks 2

I stopped using my minix box a couple years ago, getting movies and series is easy just with apps but Kodi is a PITA, getting reliable streams for Sky Sports is hassle, they last briefly then crash and burn. 

I now use a couple of apps on my tablet for movies series and live sports, but I'm tempted to get a cheap paid service to. improve reliability. 

Anyone got experience of Pulse TV (pulse-TV. net) ? 1000 baht a month apparently

Screenshot_2020-12-20-17-03-58-852_com.android.chrome.jpg

Why do some of you posters go on about Kodi ? Pilotman needs something user friendly like plug in and play so in reality he needs an IPTV provider via an android box . Not all of us are up to the technology of high end internet activities .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/19/2020 at 2:15 PM, Ireland32 said:

True Vision what a joke 2800 b a month I went down to MBK and got Android Box for 2800b, All In Mo monthly’s I get everything HBO , Cinemax NFL premier league , and my buddy took his box to Australia works Brilliantly 

Went from True (both internet and TV) to AIS a few years back and price dropped significantly. It was about 2600-2700 at that time for platinum package of TV and over 1000 for barely moving internet. AIS was about 1800 for fiber internet and Playbox. However in the new place AIS has limit of speed of 250 mbps so I asked at True if they can provide anything faster - and asked for NatGeo, which is only available in their platinum package. They said if I take the platinum package, they would give me 1000 mbps fiber included for free. So I installed that. I'm not happy with how True treated me in the past. And far more satisfied with AIS. So might change back to them if their package speeds improve.

So I am probably the only one here reluctantly moving back to True after avoiding them like plague for 5 years or more.

On 12/19/2020 at 2:15 PM, Ireland32 said:

True Vision what a joke 2800 b a month I went down to MBK and got Android Box for 2800b, All In Mo monthly’s I get everything HBO , Cinemax NFL premier league , and my buddy took his box to Australia works Brilliantly 

What is the name of this Android Box in Thai? Do you need a satellite dish or just an internet connection?

On 12/19/2020 at 2:57 PM, Pilotman said:

A twist to the saga.  Mrs P just went to cancel the True Vision account and they told her that she can't cancel until we  return the box to them.  Mrs P, not a lady to be trifled with, said, 'I'm not paying any more ,and you will find your box on the drive, so come and pick it up'.  Good girl. 

I had my lot with True Vision when they lost the contract to air the Premier League. I had to wait 2-3 months to get my deposit back after they collected the set-top box.

In the 90's I started with UTV who later merged with IBC and became UBC. 700b per month and never a problem.

In the mid 'noughties' they became True Visions and that was when things went downhill. It seemed that every time they gave extra channels for free it would then only be a few months later that they'd increase the monthly fee. I ended up feeling that I was just helping to pay for a 'S'-pile of channels just for other people watch.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, bbabythai said:

Netflix is absolutely brilliant. so much good content

Netflix has been brilliant for 3 months or so. Now I'm struggling to find something worth while watching. New movies or series seems to be very few and far between.

Why are they trying to push 'Rosemary's Baby' on to me? Nearly every time I finish a movie it always seems to be one of the three recommendations that pops up. ???? 

7 hours ago, bobandyson said:

Netflix has been brilliant for 3 months or so. Now I'm struggling to find something worth while watching. New movies or series seems to be very few and far between.

Why are they trying to push 'Rosemary's Baby' on to me? Nearly every time I finish a movie it always seems to be one of the three recommendations that pops up. ???? 

https://www.iheart.com/content/2020-11-18-how-to-unlock-hidden-movies-shows-on-netflix-with-secret-codes/

23 hours ago, Susco said:

Strange that with all those perfect and reliable free streams you continuously claim, that you paid for game pass

Game Pass provides 5 minute and 40 minute summary of the games in addition to the full games and holds a library of each week's games. Also able to suppress the results until watched, not that that really matters with the Jets.

18 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I have actually decided to go with the 'Sky Go' option, plus maybe NFL Game Pass. I have now spoken to several people with android boxes of all descriptions.  While some seem to work okay, many people seem to find them frustrating and have issues with them, such as hard to navigate, unreliable apps,  frozen programmes, unable to steam live sports, having to add other layers of apps, stuck to a TV,  to name a few.  So I did an audit of my needs.  I have Netflix, so movies are covered.  I need NFL, F1 and Moto GP as a priority, and the ability to see games live or recorded.  I like nature and History channels. plus, albeit only occasionally,  western news.  I decided that 'Sky Go' gives me more flexibility ( able to put it on computer, TV, mobile and tablet, share with family members such as wife and kids)  so it by far the best solution for me.  I will try it for the next 12 moths and see if it is worth the 17,000  Baht p.a..  Nothing is forever, so we will see. 

Good luck and your decision not to go the Android box is a good one.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, tlcwaterfall said:

I have had android boxes and firesticks for many many years now.  Currently have a 4k Firestick and a Nvidia shield.  Never had any issues streaming content that I need. Sports, tv show and movies, music etc.

Boxes and sticks are easy to work on and plenty of information on the net if you need any guidance.

I read that the Nvidia shield is good for gaming but I have no interests in gaming but streaming only . Is the Nvidia shield superior to the H96 pro android box for streaming ?

54 minutes ago, superal said:

Its the paid for IPTV suppliers that are the weak link for android box users , at least that has been my experience and you are dealing with IPTV companies that are secretive in their exposure and often difficult to communicate with despite their claims to be approachable 24/7 .

I will probably get hit by users of Kodi or Mobdro  which to be honest is beyond my and others capabilities . There is a place in the TV market for a strong service legitimate  IPTV provider globally . 

Mobdro is simple to use, it's just an app like those you find on Play store. Kodi is often complicated. Addons constantly crash and burn when the spotty kids find a girlfriend. As for sport live streams, a total PITA

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, superal said:

Its the paid for IPTV suppliers that are the weak link for android box users , at least that has been my experience and you are dealing with IPTV companies that are secretive in their exposure and often difficult to communicate with despite their claims to be approachable 24/7 .

I will probably get hit by users of Kodi or Mobdro  which to be honest is beyond my and others capabilities . There is a place in the TV market for a strong service legitimate  IPTV provider globally . 

Agree with you. There is clearly a need to assist all of us who require ways to watch our desired content at the lowest cost and easiest way possible. I use the Plex app for all of my movies and tv shows as well as Kodi. I have Netflix, Amazon prime and a local pay tv service plus others. I share the cost and passwords with a family member. Have the local catch up stations as well. With sport I again share the cost and password with a friend to a legal pay tv service.

Edited by tlcwaterfall
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Mobdro is simple to use, it's just an app like those you find on Play store. Kodi is often complicated. Addons constantly crash and burn when the spotty kids find a girlfriend. As for sport live streams, a total PITA

I use Kodi every day to watch content.  Watch Netflix, Amazon prime, Stan, Foxtel, local tv channels and Plex through Kodi as well as my own personal movie and tv library. Addons come and go that is true but the good ones such as Seren, The Crew, Shadow, 7 of 9, Venom, Fen and others provide quality entertainment with no fuss at all.

I also use Real Debrid which provides many quality links to watch the content I want. Real Debrid is very inexpensive and well worth the cost  As for Kodi being complicated there are many tutorials available on the net to assist and once you have learnt the basics it is amazingly simple to use. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1