Just Cancelled True Vision TV, What Alternatives are Available

Pilotman

I am also sick of True Visions with reruns of all the channels I like.  I mainly watch the History, History2, and the other channels in the 555 to 568 range, F1, NFL, Tennis and Thai channels for my wife.  I don' watch movies.

My problem is the the alternatives are all Internet based and there is where Tech has left me in the past.  I do have Optic Fiber for Internet.

Anybody have some info on something that would fit my needs and not bogle my mind?

Thanks

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Install Bluestacks* on your PC, download Mobdro to your desktop and

the drag it into Bluestacks, Mobdro will give you a wide choice of 

channels,  connect your pc if it has HDMI to you Tv,also if it has HDMI port,

that will get you started, it's FREE, there are many others ,just Google ,

live sports are the hardest to find.  * there are other Android emulators.

regards Worgeordie

You do not need Bluestacks on an Android Smart TV as it is an Android Emulator for Windows.

13 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Did you miss the part where I said without using a HDMI lead?

Then it's something like Chromecast from PC to TV. But if it is an Android TV you can install Mobdro no problem.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Did you miss the part where I said without using a HDMI lead?

No I did not, was just trying to be helpful with a simple solution. Sorry.

You could easily hide a cable I'm sure.

1 hour ago, kuzie57 said:

Get yourself an Android box. No monthly fees and AFL,NRL,Golf, Motorsports,Cricket, American sports and 1000's of movies and TV shows. Had mine for 5 years now, very cheep investment.

But make sure it uses 5GHz from your router. There are many cheap ones that work okay most of the time but are only 2.4 GHz. If you use some of the free sites they can be a pain when they try to insert adds but many button presses can fix it. Otherwise pay for service.

I wanted my True TV box and fitting moved to a different condo in same building.

The shop said no problem ... Can I see your passport.  Funnily I not carry it shopping.

I had a folder full of 8 years of bills from True, plenty of ID but passport still demanded.

I said forget it ... please cancel my subscription.  They could not. They needed to see my passport to cancel it.  Grrrrrrrrrrrr. No "Im sorry". Just a a smug laugh.

On same trip 3BB agreed to and were happy to move my fibre connection. No passport needed. Simple process. Treated politely.

I went back a few days later to True ... with passport and cancelled. 

Got an android box ... works well especially with fibre connection.

• Like 2

you need to pay to get a decent service.

i know of no set top boxes that are any good.

they all say how great they are when trying to sell, but they are rubbish.

pulse-net tv is all you need.

its 1k a month, but you dont need a box, has all you need.  zero buffering, zero problems

if you want to waste your money on a box, go ahead mate.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, grumpy 4680 said:

For those considering cancelling TRUE, hope you've not paid for the year, because you'll never get a refund.  They are the worst tv company in Thailand.

<deleted> crooks.  Quit them 7 years ago.  Finally gave up trying to get my deposit back; they made it so much of a drawn-out ordeal it was not worth it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

You do not need Bluestacks on an Android Smart TV as it is an Android Emulator for Windows.

Yes I know  that. but I was replying to Pilotman who does not have a Smart Tv.

it was Giddyup who has smart tv.

regards worgeordie

• Like 2

9 hours ago, giddyup said:

Is there another way to get this onto a Smart 4K Android TV

Well you wouldn't need Bluestacks on an Android TV! Just install the Android apps directly on TV to watch prepaid IPTV services or your movie collection. Tivimate, IPTV Smarters, Kodi are good apps. Free stuff like Mobdro is a pain to use and unreliable.

5 minutes ago, bbabythai said:

cant believe anyone still uses true vision. 

Netflix is absolutely brilliant. so much good content

I cancelled my Netflix a month ago, so much new content that's so 'woke' now. Feels like I'm getting force fed an underlying narrative across many of their shows. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, giddyup said:

Is there another way to get this onto a Smart 4K Android TV without using a HDMI lead? My PC is too far away from the TV.

I have Mobdro on my android phone...I use my google chromecast to "transfer" it to my tv screen wirelessly

You download Google HOME app which sets up your chromecast and then can "mirror" your phone to the tv

A little icon will appear on Mobdro to cast it.....the one caveat Ive found is Decent wifi needed....my Vivo thai phone also has a screen mirror function that does basically the same things as i stream from my phone or use the HDMI method if weak signal....I got a long HDMI cord at 20 baht shop for 100-200 bt for my pc to tv and use that and my mouse cord gives me quite a long reach during weak wifi times..maybe a wireless mouse dongle?

If you dig around youtube can find some good stuff....I also use 3rd party streaming sites for "new " releases...

Where there is a will there is a way! and I use a Linux pc so leaves me out of apps like bluestack-etc

• Like 1

Where are you based? In Pattaya i get the local cable service Sophon for 300 baht a month. It includes Sky (UK) news. all  F1 and Moto GP races. Plus a good selection of movies and thai programmes (for the tgf). Together with Netflix, 360 bant a month, that is more than enough TV for me. Together about 1/3 of what i was paying True. I also have the Mobdro app which provides everything but the access is not that reliable.

14 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I never understand so many who have these True TV subscriptions paying almost $100 a month. What a huge waste.

I have had an android box for 6 years and just upgraded to this one last week.  Less then $50 at Tukcom. Fast crystal clear HD.

Get everything Mobdro, several TV and movie apps, Kodi, geez you name it.  Just about anything old and new available just watched an HBO max movie Netflix Showtime you name it all for free through the apps.

It also has all the US channels showing NFL games ( abc, nbc, cbs espn) although, I do have the game pass.

So easy to hook and apply took 2 minutes.

Fantastic love it.

Where in Tukom did you buy please?

54 minutes ago, NongDaeng said:

I cancelled my Netflix a month ago, so much new content that's so 'woke' now. Feels like I'm getting force fed an underlying narrative across many of their shows. 

Not only that, Thai Netflix only gets a small percentage of what Netflix offers in other countries. I also cancelled after the one month free trial.

If you have or get and Android box try Kemo TV (https://kemoiptv.com/) 6 months for $25, 12 months for $39.  You can order up to 4 years, but I would be cautious about. 27,00  They have over 17,000 live TV channels, over  27,000 movies and over 1600 series.     

3 minutes ago, Thaigreg said:

If you have or get and Android box try Kemo TV (https://kemoiptv.com/) 6 months for $25, 12 months for $39.  You can order up to 4 years, but I would be cautious about. 27,00  They have over 17,000 live TV channels, over  27,000 movies and over 1600 series.     

The reviews aren't that positive.

15 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

It also has all the US channels showing NFL games ( abc, nbc, cbs espn) although, I do have the game pass.

Strange that with all those perfect and reliable free streams you continuously claim, that you paid for game pass

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Subscribe to a VPN like Express for $6 a month. All UK, USA & Oz TV is then available. Get a Chromecast for your telly and cast from the PC.

But how can you get Sky or BT programmes without making a subscription even with a VPN ?  and that is not cheap

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, superal said:

But how can you get Sky or BT programmes without making a subscription even with a VPN ?  and that is not cheap

sky Go costs an additional 17,000 Baht per year for all channels. Still much better and cheaper value than True Vision Platinum package and better channels. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

sky Go costs an additional 17,000 Baht per year for all channels. Still much better and cheaper value than True Vision Platinum package and better channels. 

I pay 600 baht a month to an iptv provider , just plug in and play and get all the UK channels including BT and SKY sports . This is an easy alternative for low skill I.T. dinosaurs like me . No need for a vpn

• Like 1