STV from UK Embassy - Any Success Yet?

Has anyone here successfully applied yet for a Special Tourist Visa - Valid for 9 months with the extensions --  from the London Embassy Yet?

Also How much money did they want to see if your bank account/ how much money did you show in your bank statements?

I currently have £2k in my bank account, Another £3k  invested in cypto. I am also now earning £1000+ passive income but wondering the likelihood of them granting a visa.

What happens If I book the Quarantine Hotel, And the flight, then they reject the visa because they don't think £2k is enough in the bank?

Thanks

41 minutes ago, hydraides said:

What happens If I book the Quarantine Hotel, And the flight, then they reject the visa because they don't think £2k is enough in the bank?

You have enough for an ordinary tourist visa so the worst case should be that you have a delay of a week or so while you put in another application. A lot of the flights and ASQs are flexible so if you choose carefully you should be able to change them to the new dates (or you could just give yourself an extra 10 days to start with). I can't say how much they want to see for an STV. I would guess you are pushing it but it might be worth a try if you don't mind risking a wasted application fee and a bit of a delay.

In my opinion, it is criminal for an embassy or consulate to ask for a copy of a paid flight with the visa application. The chronological sequence should be

1. Visa

2. Flight ticket

3. Certificate of Entry (for which the Covid insurance, ASC quarantine booking confirmation and Fit-to-Fly certificate are needed)

4. Covid test

Did I miss anything?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, hydraides said:

I currently have £2k in my bank account, Another £3k  invested in cypto. I am also now earning £1000+ passive income but wondering the likelihood of them granting a visa.

I don't think they will reject you a for a lack of funds to support yourself if you can prove the 1000 pound income you have.

For a normal tourist visa they only require 20k baht of financial proof,

23 hours ago, Maestro said:

In my opinion, it is criminal for an embassy or consulate to ask for a copy of a paid flight with the visa application. The chronological sequence should be

1. Visa

2. Flight ticket

3. Certificate of Entry (for which the Covid insurance, ASC quarantine booking confirmation and Fit-to-Fly certificate are needed)

4. Covid test

Did I miss anything?

The process is actually as you have written it there. They don’t ask for the flight with the visa application. Not clear why you thought otherwise.

On 12/19/2020 at 6:52 PM, Maestro said:

1. Visa

2. Flight ticket

4. Covid test

Did I miss anything?

I didn't think the Fit to Fly certificate was needed for the COE (Certificate of Entry)?