Samut Sakhon Covid-19 cases shoot up by another 146 - total now 694

Jonathan Fairfield

Samut Sakhon Covid-19 cases shoot up by another 146 

800_3b769701288c4ce.jpg

Another 146 people in Samut Sakhon province have tested positive for Covid-19.

Provincial vice governor Surasak Phonyangsong revealed the latest information at 2pm on Sunday.

The total number of those infected in the latest outbreak in the province has risen to 694.

He added that more than 90 per cent of patients were migrant workers linked to the Mahachai Market.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30399912?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-12-20

Edited  by Jonathan Fairfield

34 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

more than 90 per cent of patients were migrant workers

Wonder if they had been recently smuggled in as cheap labour?

How can the infection rate be so high in any one particular group? 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Wouldn't it be nice if the period is alcohol free? At least people would remember it!

Doesn't alcohol kill the virus? I thought I read somewhere more people were carrying the old pocket flasks lately so they could take a nip now and again but not to get drunk. Not sure if there is any benefit to it. You could also pour a tad on your hands for quick cleansing.

13 minutes ago, TooBigToFit said:

Doesn't alcohol kill the virus? I thought I read somewhere more people were carrying the old pocket flasks lately so they could take a nip now and again but not to get drunk. Not sure if there is any benefit to it. You could also pour a tad on your hands for quick cleansing.

You can also inject bleach , as a famous person mentioned .

Alcohol does kill the virus , but you cant survive with 70% alcohol in your blood . And that 70% is not i drink 70% alcohol , 4-6 promille is deadly dose .

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The area should be locked down immediately. Anyone recently visited those places must be asked to come forward without shame and get themselves tested. Authorities should do a door to door survey and collect samples.

But since 90% are migrant workers, so i suspect they would be blamed for this. But the big daddy sitting far away would never be blamed. You need a pair of balls to blame the CCP for starting all this. 

Edited by lovethai123

1 hour ago, tomazbodner said:

Wouldn't it be nice if the period is alcohol free? At least people would remember it!

I drink to forget... Don't ask me what it is I'm trying to forget... I don't remember any more.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I suspect I will not be alone tomorrow morning in replenishing the alcohol stocks in the house.

If it turns out they have done a great job and contained it again then my hat off to them.

I am highly concerned that we won't get off as easy as we did last time though, as many who have been to the epicenter have hence gone everywhere, with their seafood.

Next few days are going to be nervous times for all.

guaranteed  the whole  of  Thailand is and will be  riddled  with it

a seasonal flu appearing again in winter season. thats kinda what they do. anyone surprised by this is an absolute idiot.

if no one is dying, who cares? even if people are dying, as long as its similar to other years, again, who cares? 

this covid fiasco has destroyed my faith in humanity. never seen so much idiocy on display en masse in my lifetime.

stop getting overwhelmed with panic and fear. take a deep breath. think logically. use critical thinking. look at the data. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1