Bangkok countdown events cancelled, public told to work from home for 14 days

Jonathan Fairfield

I plan to travel to Koh Tao the 23rd, returning to Bangkok the 8th of January.  Some people are telling me not to go because I would not be able to return to Bangkok because Bangkok could be in lockdown.  Any thoughts on that?

1 hour ago, shackleton said:

Well its better to be on the safe side all festive activities should be reviewed and if needed cancelled

If the situation gets worse Provincial leaders could start the lockdown procedures  

I am keeping a eye out on this could be i will need to stock up as per  say from the supermarket

Taking a leaf from the American & Europeans earlier in the year by any chance......................

Why Hoard Toilet Paper During a Pandemic? - Reformed Journal: The Twelve

:sorry:

6 hours ago, webfact said:

1. Entertainment establishments, pubs, bars, entertainment venues and establishments similar to entertainment venues will see more stringent preventive measures by prohibiting dancing or gathering of crowds. Table must not be less than 1.5 metres apart.

2. Boxing stadium, which had seen an outbreak months ago, must be strict about people wearing masks and implement preventive measures, including limiting the number of visitors.

3. Markets must emphasise on 100 per cent wearing of masks.

Meanwhile, people can visit public parks and temples wearing a mask.

Why is there still no mention of the overcrowded MRT systems then? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JOE BAMA said:

I plan to travel to Koh Tao the 23rd, returning to Bangkok the 8th of January.  Some people are telling me not to go because I would not be able to return to Bangkok because Bangkok could be in lockdown.  Any thoughts on that?

I also have some Thai friends traveling to Koh Tao, then onto Samui for the end of year break before returning to BKK Jan 1st, they are still going.

Edited by hotchilli

8 hours ago, JOE BAMA said:

just not go because one can become the  asymptomic superspreader and then you spread all around. 14 days not go to BKK twhat is the problem?

8 hours ago, JOE BAMA said:

just not go because one can become the  asymptomic superspreader and then you spread all around. 14 days not go to BKK twhat is the problem?

14 minutes ago, Autonuaq said:

this is how the spreading started. with poeple who think like you do.

I am not for it but the major of Pattaya said today that nothing will be canceled.  After many years here I expected it. Pattaya is very special...

Based on a PCR test that does not show any virus or infection according to court rulings from Europe.

[also the German Physicians Society stated that the PCR test does NOT show a virus or Infection !!!]

Also the prize money for a SarsCov2 Virus isolate stands at 180,000 euro right now for anybody

who can proof that there is a Virus - strangely enough nobody seems to want the money ????

... write something in the news and repeat over and over and everybody will fall for it !

Propaganda 101 ... works every time.

Not a single credible source that confirms the virus scientifically ! All based on a computer model from China !

It is all believe - and as such I chose not to believe anything I cannot verify !!!

Edited by brain150

9 hours ago, JOE BAMA said:

It's highly unlikely Bangkok will be locked down as the outbreak is restricted to another province.  Even in March/April, Bangkok wasn't locked down like France/Italy/Spain etc.  I wouldn't panic.

On 12/20/2020 at 8:02 PM, xtof2 said:

Probably wiser to leave Bangkok straight away for holidays before a possible lockdown ????

This is exactly what a lot of Londoners and south east England dwellers did as soon as the government's "only one day for Christmas" plan was announced. Listening to overnight BBC radio a few days back and a couple of truck drivers reported the number of private cars on the roads overnight had increased from "one car for every twenty lorries" to "one lorry for every twenty cars". The trains also saw a surge in last-minute ticket purchases and larger than usual passenger loads.

40 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

This is exactly what a lot of Londoners and south east England dwellers did as soon as the government's "only one day for Christmas" plan was announced. Listening to overnight BBC radio a few days back and a couple of truck drivers reported the number of private cars on the roads overnight had increased from "one car for every twenty lorries" to "one lorry for every twenty cars". The trains also saw a surge in last-minute ticket purchases and larger than usual passenger loads.

I guess something similar would happen here if they announced a national lockdown; lots of people planning to go home for the NY holiday.  Fortunately, Thailand has no reason to do this, unlike the poor UK.

• Like 1