First Lift At Gym

Solinvictus

Coffee is the first thing I lift every morning after that it’s all about what is available when I get to the gym. It’s not a social event for me so I want to get through my routine as quickly as possible and get on with my day so splitting reps or waiting around until someone else is finished is not for me.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

What a dead forum.

Starting with bench press probably reflects insecurity over one's pecs. For me the starting exercise (after warmup) depends on which split of 3.

Lower body: deadlifts, ha. Squats come next last, just before leg extensions to balance the knee strain.

Upper: pulldowns (extending shoulder warmup) > military press > rows > bench press--similar balance concept. Cardio & abs: intervals, etc.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BigStar said:

What a dead forum.

Starting with bench press probably reflects insecurity over one's pecs. For me the starting exercise (after warmup) depends on which split of 3.

Lower body: deadlifts, ha. Squats come next last, just before leg extensions to balance the knee strain.

Upper: pulldowns (extending shoulder warmup) > military press > rows > bench press--similar balance concept. Cardio & abs: intervals, etc.

Yeah it is quite a dead forum. But hey, I'm down to comment. I know you are American due to how you typed. Correct me if I am wrong.

Yeah I never really questioned why I start with bench, I guess it's habit. Normally, rather than resting for awhile, I do either back extensions or sit-ups in between sets. Speaking about 'warmup,' I'm starting to be more inclined to warm up myself.

Interesting for your lower body as I think doing leg press/extension before squat is the way to go.

Yeah for uppers I usually do towards the end.

Do you bring anything to drink?

19 hours ago, BigStar said:

Unnecessary, as the gym supplies cold water. I bring my own water bottle, however. But I'm American; you might wish to go with the paper cups.

Why would one wish to go with paper cups? I'm usually drinking something better than water but that's just how I do it. I even suggest coffee before too.

On 3/5/2021 at 2:08 PM, BigStar said:

What a dead forum.

No disrespect but based off all your various posts I have read so far, you seem sort of a negative type of person especially for someone who is into fitness.

As I mentioned before I suggest to keep lifting and do more lower body! Make up for those insecurities and personality you have! Cheers.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/5/2021 at 2:08 PM, BigStar said:

What a dead forum.

I certainly started of with bench press. But i was 16 at the time. Bench press was the thing to do. Squat.. not really. I changed a lot since that time. Bench press is no longer that important but squat and deadlifts are. Military press is good too and so are rows.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2021 at 1:00 PM, Solinvictus said:

Hurts so good! Thanks for the comments! Keep lifting, you need it! ????️

Just keep on lifting, constancy works best. 

I recently got back after a couple of months of not lifting. Easy to get back in the game. My home gym has now moved from my old home to my new. 

Doing a full body kind of training 3 days a week. 

Squats 3 x 8

Deadlifts 3 x 8

Bench press 4 x 8 -10

Military press  4 x 8 - 10

One arm rows 4 x 8

Triceps and biceps 

Abs

Now going to add rowing on the rowing machine on the non lifting days. Its amazing how fast it all comes back. 

Maybe after 2 months of full body ill be doing split again or something else.

Bought a special weight lifting tracker

https://www.thisisbeast.com/en

Will start using it once it arrives and after my 2 months of full body. I want to see what velocity training can do plus its one of the few trackers that works good for weightlifting.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...