How to Apply for Special Tourist Visa in UK?

1 hour ago, Mops59 said:

Normal tourist visa is available also. Look up website embassy Thailand in UK. 

Really, I didn't know that.

I suppose just the normal docs need to be submitted? Or do you also need to submit Fit to Fly Certificate?

And I assume the normal one can still be made at all the other consulates, not just London.

37 minutes ago, 2009 said:

I suppose just the normal docs need to be submitted? Or do you also need to submit Fit to Fly Certificate?

You will still need a certificate of entry. It is the same for a single entry tourist visa or the STV.

39 minutes ago, 2009 said:

And I assume the normal one can still be made at all the other consulates, not just London

Yes if they are open.

Single entry tourist  visa requirements are here near the bottom of this page.

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/119247-requirements-for-certificate-of-entry-during-travel-restriction?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

On 12/22/2020 at 4:13 AM, ubonjoe said:

You will still need a certificate of entry. It is the same for a single entry tourist visa or the STV.

Yes if they are open.

Single entry tourist  visa requirements are here near the bottom of this page.

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/119247-requirements-for-certificate-of-entry-during-travel-restriction?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

It states; 

"UK/Irish bank statements with sufficient fund to cover your trip to Thailand" for both visas, I thought i read somewhere that you require 500K for 6 months for the TV and £3000 in a bank for the STV, or the other way round? Are these sums applicable?

I’ve submitted my application but got a feeling I’ll end up being rejected.

- The website doesn’t distinguish between special tourist visa and normal tourist visa so included a covering letter with posted passport but expect that to get ignored.

- I’m not prepared to book ASQ hotel and flight before I have visa confirmed.

- My house rental documents to show accommodation after ASQ are in my house out there so can’t attach those.

If it fails, I’ll probably have a year in Barbados or something and re-evaluate.   

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Pappap said:

It states; 

"UK/Irish bank statements with sufficient fund to cover your trip to Thailand" for both visas, I thought i read somewhere that you require 500K for 6 months for the TV and £3000 in a bank for the STV, or the other way round? Are these sums applicable?

Go with the UK Embassy website, or what they tell you. The requirements have been eased a few times since they initially became available. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pappap said:

It states; 

That was changed to encourage more people to get the visas. What they want is undefined amount in the bank. For a single entry tourist visa that could be the standard equivalent of 20k baht in the bank.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chalky0w said:

I’ve submitted my application but got a feeling I’ll end up being rejected.

- The website doesn’t distinguish between special tourist visa and normal tourist visa so included a covering letter with posted passport but expect that to get ignored.

- I’m not prepared to book ASQ hotel and flight before I have visa confirmed.

- My house rental documents to show accommodation after ASQ are in my house out there so can’t attach those.

If it fails, I’ll probably have a year in Barbados or something and re-evaluate.   

When worried about possible hiccups or refusal of Visa application, you could of course:

- Book a flexible/refundable in case of annulation flight (when booking with a Golden credit-card annulation of flight at no cost is often included);

- Book the ASQ Hotel using Booking.com or another Hotel-booking site, some of the ASQ Hotels provide cost-free annulation or charge a small fee when taking that option.

- Book a no-fee for cancellation hotel for the period of your permission to stay after you come out of quarantaine