Application Of Sty Under Consideration - Result not back yet

For my 1 year extension based on marriage, my passport says

"application of stay is under consideration... applicant must contact this office again in person on 23 Dec 2020"

which is tomorrow.

My wife just phoned them as she didn't want me to go because of the stormy seas and the fact the boat we must use recently sank one of its fleet in storm with fatalities - safety comes last is their slogan.

Immigration just told my wife the result is not back from the regional head office yet, no need to come tomorrow, but we should phone tomorrow to ask if the passport is back yet.

seems unlikely my passport is going to come back from regional head office today? I feel uneasy about not going tomorrow, even if they say my passport is not back yet, as my stamp is tomorrow, what should i do?

Why does immigration have your passport? They normally they always give it back to you after they put the under consideration stamp in it.

The under consideration stamp allows you to stay in the country until you application is approved and stamped in your passport. The report back date is just that it does not end the under consideration period.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Why does immigration have your passport? They normally they always give it back to you after they put the under consideration stamp in it.

The under consideration stamp allows you to stay in the country until you application is approved and stamped in your passport. The report back date is just that it does not end the under consideration period.

Yeah sorry, got confused, I’ve got my passport.

so immigration cannot day something like

”oh, we don’t know who you spoke to, but you should have come back on the 23rd, why did you not come back”

On 12/22/2020 at 11:01 AM, STD Warehouse said:

so immigration cannot say something like

”oh, we don’t know who you spoke to, but you should have come back on the 23rd, why did you not come back”

I very unlikely that they would say that.

I have gotten mine a few days after the report back date before.

My wife called them on the report date (a Friday) this year and they told her it could be done on Monday since it was pouring down rain that day. My daughter then got my stamp on Tuesday without a problem.

I just got my extension today, (marriage), 3 weeks earlier than usual. I got the usual under consideration stamp 3 weeks ago and got a call from our local immigration office that it back and ready. Makes a change for it to be early but shows that Bangkok don’t have a whole lot of people applying at the moment.

Mine was 8 days after the date and I know a Brit that was 3 weeks so there is no problem as it happens regularly especially at the moment with all the business with amnesties and covid visa's and things like that.

It seems to me that a Thai 'under consideration' stamp is like a bridging visa in other countries. It effectively means your current approval to stay continues under the same conditions until a decision is made on your application. It doesn't really matter what the date on the 'under consideration' says - it is an estimate as to when a decision is expected.