Prejudice and abuse of foreign workers "worse than ever" after Covid scare, reports Thai media

webfact

1 minute ago, Fairynuff said:

Your village sounds like a great place and I don’t doubt it’s exactly as you say. The abuse of migrant workers is I’d expect is more prevalent in towns and cities .

I agree 100% my post was just to put a positive message across for a bit of balance. It is a great place to live, if a little quiet sometimes.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tingtong said:

familiar story.

i have worked abroad myself for years for better salary.

where the story ( parents) lost my symphaty was the mention of 3 children.

one who born into poverty should have enough hardship not wanting to have multiple kids dooming them to the same fate, poverty.

and it doesnt take a university degree to recognize this.

no wonder they will never break this cycle.

Like the welfare system in the US 

11 hours ago, PatOngo said:

The people have been getting screwed forever, even if they protest in numbers that could force change, and they obviously have'nt reached that to date, the army will mobilize and shoot them! 

If enough of the unwilling conscripts would refuse to obey the orders and turned the guns on the corrupt leaders it might change 

3 hours ago, Saltire said:

can honestly say that the weallthy Thai employers treat their workers well, pay them the 300, or sometimes 400 baht per day and some even provide lunch and water for the farm workers.

We have always taken good  care of  our  workers but often it  is  not reciprocated, they get more than minimum wage, housing , electric , water, fish, motorbike some even got free  petrol........but  apparently I have a bad  attitude, maybe I should start to treat them like carp

• Thanks 2

On 12/23/2020 at 3:39 PM, sammieuk1 said:

It's looking more like a Chinese province everyday ????

The richest countries in Southeast Asia are those that have the biggest ethnic Chinese population:

1. Singapore (75% Chinese)
2. Malaysia (25% Chinese)
3. Thailand (14% Chinese)

Maybe you didn't know this - After World War II, Myanmar was the richest country in Southeast Asia. Not long after the British left, a superstitious general took power and nationalised businesses owned by the Indians and Chinese. He also encouraged riots against the Chinese and imposed many restrictions on them and so many Chinese business people had to flee Myanmar. The outcome? From the richest country in Southeast Asia to become one of the poorest in the world.

• Like 2

On 12/23/2020 at 9:38 AM, DirtyHarry55 said:

The PM should come forward with the evidence he has that Foreign workers started this outbreak.

Because we already know the first cases were brought in by Thai workers crossing the border.

Yes the border is too blame because we all know they were somehow allowed in without a covid test or been sent to quarantine. You do not see Usa or UK blaming the Thai peopke that live there 

17 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

You talking thru your backside are you Thai or Thai citizen if not just shut up. 

give me an example  how i am talking  out my <deleted> or do you not have one

can only  throw insults 

A number of posts removed.

Bickering

Troll comments

Responses quoting the above.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.