UK and EU reach Brexit trade deal

webfact

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

To me it said that the Scots wanted to remain in the Union and they have. The referendum was in 2014 and 2 years before the Brexit referendum which wasn't even on the radar then.

It is meaningless what it means to you or to me... but since one of the major arguments that was used to hit Scotland over the head in a project fear was that if you voted for independence you would be outside the EU... the only way to solve it is to either allow Scotland to make their own Gibraltar agreement or for another referendum to clear up the status since with the UK exiting and Scotland voting to stay... and being pulled out against their will (while other parts of the UK remain in)... literally cannot stand and will only make the situation with Scotland worse in the future.  A referendum now rather than later may be the only thing that saves the chance of the remaining UK with Scotland surviving.

Edited by bkkcanuck8
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, kingdong said:

The only reason the dutch and germans are bailing out the financial banana republics is it suits them financially,in any event its down to the citizens ultimately,look how one man the great nigel farage bought down a prime minister and put the great back into britain.

So you agree that Italy and Greece won't leave.

50 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Who cares what 'political analysts' state, or economists, if things are looking that bad for the UK I find it quite interesting the GBP is purchasing 40.84 baht and the Euro is purchasing 36.70 baht

You never noticed they keep alway almost same points now different from each other ...? 

The starting value from Euro in time ...and the glorious historicall value from Gbp to present times now  however is outragious in downfall ...

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Interesting, now that Gibraltar is part of Schengen...  it sort of sets a precedent for Scotland I would think... being the only area within the UK that voted to stay in the EU that has not been allowed to decide for itself.... this Gibraltar agreement will only add oil to the fire.... 

Gibraltar Wins Special Brexit Arrangements - What About Scotland Now?

That should be a stark warning for the jocks,don,t touch the eu with a barge pole.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

26 minutes ago, david555 said:

You never noticed they keep alway almost same points now different from each other ...? 

The starting value from Euro in time ...and the glorious historicall value from Gbp to present times now  however is outragious in downfall ...

David, in 2010 the high for the Euro was circa 0.90 GBP the high for the Euro in 2020 0.89 GBP

So where is the downward trend due to the much heralded predicted collapse of the UK economy? supporting the forecasts and boasts that the EU has come out of Brexit in a much stronger position

Not a trick question just interesting

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Who?the greek and italian people or their governments?only way to find out would be to hold peop!es votes,sorry,i forgot the eu dosen,t like democracy.

Counts same for the scotts i would say ...oh ...but that would be a categorised  as a unpleasant democracy by #10..????

3 minutes ago, 473geo said:

David, in 2010 the high for the Euro was circa 0.90 GBP the high for the Euro in 2020 0.89 GBP

So where is the downward trend due to the much heralded predicted collapse of the UK economy? supporting the forecasts and boasts that the EU has come out of Brexit in a much stronger position

I only noticed that the difference latest is mostly 4 to 5 points ...

What i meant is that decades already the Gbp is declining big ......

But have to admit U.K. have become a very good deal .....O.K. ...?

????

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, david555 said:

Counts same for the scotts i would say ...oh ...but that would be a categorised  as a unpleasant democracy by #10..????

On a personal level i couldn,t give a tinkers cuss if scotland.gets its independence or not,just trying to warn them of the dangers.of signing theirselves into servitude,the actions of a good neighbour

Edited by kingdong

2 minutes ago, kingdong said:

On a personal level i couldn,t give a tinkers cuss if scotland.gets its independence or not,just trying to warn them of the dangers.of signing theirselves into servitude,the actions of a good neighbour

Are you O.K. ...?????

This deal is the best both could agree , not ideal but let Boris not loose face ......and above all it seems E.U. let Boris have his father Christmas appearance ....????

Edited by david555
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Wonder why you cherry-pick 2010. Brexit talks didn't start that year, did they?

Maybe you forgot when they started, so here is a reminder for you

image.png.1fcbce701c534ec46616591bf1271802.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, david555 said:

I only noticed that the difference latest is mostly 4 to 5 points ...

What i meant is that decades already the Gbp is declining big ......

But have to admit U.K. have become a very good deal .....O.K. ...?

????

Understand what you are conveying David, Being a member of this forum you will be well aware of the drop against the baht of many currencies, some of us have been fortunate to put our GBP to good use years ago (as it turns out) I doubt this was due to any 'political'  'economic' statements or predictions that people these days set such store by.

1 minute ago, Susco said:

Wonder why you cherry-pick 2010. Brexit talks didn't start that year, did they?

Maybe you forgot when they started, so here is a reminder for you

image.png.1fcbce701c534ec46616591bf1271802.png

Round number 2010  you see 2011 euro went higher, so what no marked difference over 10 years, so where is the slump that should surely have come into effect by now - you make no point at all

• Like 1
  • Haha 1