UK and EU reach Brexit trade deal

webfact

2 minutes ago, kingdong said:

And since the formation of the eu how many countries have been granted an election if they would like to leave or not?

That was always at the free choice from each individual member country .... not a decision from E.U. ....and you brexiteers always say E.U. is undemocratic ..?  So why it is still a choice from the members states individual ... making the given  label undemocratic E.U. very unbelievable ..????

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 473geo said:
13 minutes ago, Susco said:

Wonder why you cherry-pick 2010. Brexit talks didn't start that year, did they?

Maybe you forgot when they started, so here is a reminder for you

image.png.1fcbce701c534ec46616591bf1271802.png

Expand  

Round number 2010  you see 2011 euro went higher, so what no marked difference over 10 years, so where is the slump that should surely have come into effect by now - you make no point at all

OK. Let me make it a bit easier for you. By the way, you still didn't remind me when they started talking about the leaving of the EU.

This is how many Pounds bought a Euro on 25 November 2015

image.png.3dcccc74133cee6049428de2e423158f.png

This is how many Pounds bought a Euro on 29 December 2020.

image.png.0dc646b41cadba51412e4b32f1d4658c.png

9 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Don't be silly now, The euro rose to the level it was previously from a dip in 2015 so what, where is the slump now as the EU has gained such an advantage over the UK economy with the fantastic Brexit deal, reality is it has not. Thus little or no effect on the GBP exchange rate. Keep taking 38 baht to your Euro and I'll keep taking 40 for my GBP.

Sorry,not sure if you are blind or ignorant, but we are talking Euro GBP exchange rates here. Not sure what Thai Baht actually has to do with this.

Goodbye Geo

26 minutes ago, david555 said:

That was always at the free choice from each individual member country .... not a decision from E.U. ....and you brexiteers always say E.U. is undemocratic ..?  So why it is still a choice from the members states individual ... making the given  label undemocratic E.U. very unbelievable ..????

Ok i,ll rephrase it as you obviously don,t like addressing points that don,t suit your agenda,how many eu countries have granted their citizens a referendum on wether they would like to leave or remain in the eu?

11 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Ok i,ll rephrase it as you obviously don,t like addressing points that don,t suit your agenda,how many eu countries have granted their citizens a referendum on wether they would like to leave or remain in the eu?

Some did probably ...but it really has more attention by the U.K remainers group than it is in E.U  states .... 

And yes there are a few a few Eurosceptics in the E.U. parlaiment who can have their moment of speech ....which  make all brexiteers jump on it as the E.U.revolution started ...????

Not really a  agenda point for me .....but a very good countering for the Undemocratic E.U Label given by brexiteers . .....????

Edited by david555

33 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Why would they do that, in the absence of a significant  demand from their citizen (as was the case in UK)?  That's an irrelevant question.

Edited by candide
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Totally. Irrelevant, " some did probably "so you don,t know? I asked a simple question which you didn,t want to address so you put down a load of nonsensical waffle.

Typicall brexiteers end line when there is no way of a winning  ..????

We have deal ...both happy ....i think ?

Or not so very happy ...? Boris is anyway selling it so  ...????????

Edited by david555

6 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

And what did that last Scottish referendum tell us?

Many countries in the E.U.were happy because the U.K. was a great financial support for the E.U..

They didn't want to leave at all the E.U..

Now without this financial support, things may not go that smooth, and maybe they will thinking about leaving the E. U.. 

Thus, due to a major change, a country or more, may want to change its mind. 

I think personally that's a fair reason. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Many countries in the E.U.were happy because the U.K. was a great financial support for the E.U..

They didn't want to leave at all the E.U..

Now without this financial support, things may not go that smooth, and maybe they will thinking about leaving the E. U.. 

Thus, due to a major change, a country or more, may want to change its mind. 

I think personally that's a fair reason. 

And that was why the EU was so easy to negotiate a deal with... oh wait... maybe not...????

Last deal: Spain has had its way, the border of Gibraltar is not managed by Britain anymore and British citizens will need to show their passport 

Gibraltar will be part of the EU’s Schengen free-travel zone. Checks will instead be undertaken at the Rock’s airport and ports by the EU’s Frontex border agency 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/31/brexit-uk-makes-low-key-eu-departure-more-than-four-years-after-referendum

Gibraltarians are mostly British? They will need a passport to get into their own country. 

2 minutes ago, kingdong said:

So politicians take notice of their constituents?well at the time the eu was a jobs for the boys sanatourium for failed politicians when they didn,t get elected when the punters realised what j.arthurs they were,not going to upset the apple cart were they?

Lame deflection. EU member States did not organise a referendum because there was no significant demand from their citizen to hold one.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

Last deal: Spain has had its way, the border of Gibraltar is not managed by Britain anymore and British citizens will need to show their passport 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/31/brexit-uk-makes-low-key-eu-departure-more-than-four-years-after-referendum

Gibraltarians are mostly British? They will need a passport to get into their own country. 

Doesn't most countries require a passport to return to their own country (or emergency documents in lieu of passport)?  UK citizens entering UK territory (Gibraltar) will have to line up in the foreigner lane, UK/Gibraltar and EU citizens will have their own lanes for entry there.   Of course those in the Schengen area don't really need documents to travel between EU states themselves - just like you don't need a passport to travel between regions within a country.

Edited by bkkcanuck8

2 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Doesn't most countries require a passport to return to their own country (or emergency documents in lieu of passport)?  UK citizens entering UK territory (Gibraltar) will have to line up in the foreigner lane, UK/Gibraltar and EU citizens will have their own lanes for entry there.

Right thanks! 

On 12/24/2020 at 10:31 PM, Roadman said:

Congrats to all the Pom Brexiters on here. You got the sovereignty of your country back, and the rights of free trade. Well done.  

Oh that is some kind of different use of the word Brexit and free market....meaning smaller market no change in sovereignty - a word that no Bexiteer can define....... and we never lost our country.....we didn't want it back, we wanted to go forward.

• Haha 2

Brexit deal and pensions: everything you need to know

In future, the Government could choose to make regulation much tighter, potentially making British pension savers the most protected in the world. Or it could decide to loosen regulation in the hopes that pension firms will use greater freedom to help savers, but possibly leaving consumers exposed.

As I understand it, for now no changes to pensioners abroad, but the fact that Britain would not be bound by EU rules can mean anything: the best, the worst or the status quo. It means "uncertainty". 

Now, I know you are the experts here.. 

Full article 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/pensions-retirement/news/brexit-pensions-affect/

Edited by Hi from France

3 minutes ago, kingdong said:

As you think politicians act on the wishes of their constituents,look back at brexit and the antics of some of the mps and remainer pm may who went against the will of the peoples election and hung out brexit by nearly 4 years,the tory rebels got their comeuppance when boris got elected and kicked them out.

Yes, best not have the MPs represent their ridings - instead they should fall lock step with some grand central plan.

2 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Yes, best not have the MPs represent their ridings - instead they should fall lock step with some grand central plan.

Or better still do the job they put themselves up for and get paid for and act for the good of their country,instead of using it to furthur their finances.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, kingdong said:

As you think politicians act on the wishes of their constituents,look back at brexit and the antics of some of the mps and remainer pm may who went against the will of the peoples election and hung out brexit by nearly 4 years,the tory rebels got their comeuppance when boris got elected and kicked them out.

The subject was not about UK, but the case of UK doesn't even support your point. Cameron did organise a referendum despite the fact he was against Brexit.

59 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I am sure the EU would want to know what their citizens think about them and what they think about  their country membership of the EU wouldn't they

Clearly as soon as a government favorable to independence or exit from the EU is elected, there will be a referendum. 

and by the way, it will should be the same for Scotland, no?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

Clearly as soon as a government favorable to independence or exit from the EU is elected, there will be a referendum. 

and by the way, it will should be the same for Scotland, no?

Scotlands already been given a referendum and voted to stay,how many eu countries have been given an election if they want to stay or leave?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1