UK and EU reach Brexit trade deal

webfact

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

I find it quite amusing when people reply to a poster by saying "what you really mean is........... 

My reply is simply I mean what I wrote. Please don't twist my words to suit your agenda because that would be a lie. 

If you have any free time available have a look at what ‘subtext’ means.

2 hours ago, 473geo said:

How very sad to pour your bitterness so freely at this time of year, I wish you the very best of health for 2021 although I fear the mental scars regarding Brexit 

Best wishes to you too!

Don't worry about any mental scars on my side I'm in favor of Brexit. You have read my posts, I think the UK had a disastrous negotiation and I was wrong to choose theoretical over practical sovereignty (and as a consequence, opt for a no-deal in services, set NI on the path to leave the Union a bit faster, sow the seed of separation in Scotland.. ). 

Now the fact that the French project for a more powerful Europe can now prosper is a huge good news. And ironically Britain is going down the very same route

The fact national-populism took over Britain and is my real preoccupation, as well as the pandemic. 

Edited by Hi from France
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, kingdong said:

You remainers have been wrong so far,we,ll survive,i,d be more worried about the eu imploding,going down the bookies tomorrow see what odds i can get.

I don't know if you are joking or not, but would be interesting to know what the odds are.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

I don't know if you are joking or not, but would be interesting to know what the odds are.

I just did a search on Google and came up with these 2 and there are more as well. I have never really thought about it until you mentioned it.

Have a great New Year and keep posting.

https://news.ladbrokes.com/politics/british-politics/brexit-r-eu-nion-uk-16-1-to-rejoin-the-eu-before-the-end-of-2025/

Nick Murphy | 08.12.2020
The odds of the UK ditching Brexit and rejoining the European Union in the next few years have been drastically cut by our traders.

Following recent support from punters, we now make it a 16/1 shot (from 33s) that the UK Re-EU-nites with our neighbours on the continent by the end of 2025.

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/european-politics/next-country-to-leave-eu

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As for a certain  post above ....

feeled just to played safe .... i joined the poll and vote for the50 year ban ....????????????????????

Independent  Scotland welcome ????.... but dont bring those "strange neighbors" with ... ????  ????????

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1378483/Brexit-news-eu-membership-rejoin-trade-deal-boris-Johnson-latest

NEVER return!’ UK should be banned from rejoining the EU for 50 years after Brexit - poll
BREXIT Britain should be banned from rejoining the EU for 50 years, according to a poll of Express.co.uk readers.

By LUKE HAWKER
PUBLISHED: 22:48, Thu, Dec 31, 2020 | UPDATED: 22:50, Thu, Dec 31, 2020

But, a poll of more than 16,000 Express.co.uk readers has found the overwhelming majority believe the UK should be blocked from rejoining the EU for at least half a century.

The survey conducted on December 31 from 1pm to 10pm asked 16,186 online readers, should Britain be banned from rejoining the EU for 50 years?

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, david555 said:

As for a certain  post above ....

feeled just to played safe .... i joined the poll and vote for the50 year ban ....????????????????????

Independent  Scotland welcome ????.... but dont bring those "strange neighbors" with ... ????  ????????

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1378483/Brexit-news-eu-membership-rejoin-trade-deal-boris-Johnson-latest

NEVER return!’ UK should be banned from rejoining the EU for 50 years after Brexit - poll
BREXIT Britain should be banned from rejoining the EU for 50 years, according to a poll of Express.co.uk readers.

By LUKE HAWKER
PUBLISHED: 22:48, Thu, Dec 31, 2020 | UPDATED: 22:50, Thu, Dec 31, 2020

But, a poll of more than 16,000 Express.co.uk readers has found the overwhelming majority believe the UK should be blocked from rejoining the EU for at least half a century.

The survey conducted on December 31 from 1pm to 10pm asked 16,186 online readers, should Britain be banned from rejoining the EU for 50 years?

I think you ought to start another thread with that.....????

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, vogie said:

These are the odds of the next country to leave the EU. 

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/european-politics/next-country-to-leave-eu

Screenshot_2021-01-01-12-19-44-117~2.jpeg

Thanks, but this is something totally unknown for me, and I must confess not understand.

What means 3/1 for Italy for instance?

And what does it concretely represent?

Many or just a few believe Italy will leave soon ?

8 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Thanks, but this is something totally unknown for me, and I must confess not understand.

I am not a betting man but it basically means that if you put £1 on Italy to leave the EU you would win £3, not sure if you would get your £ back. The lower the odds the more chance the bookies believe that country may leave.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

3/1 means for example a return of £3 plus your original £1 stake - the lower your return the more likely the betting company expect this outcome, looking at these odds not expecting a mass withdrawl from Europe but certainly giving the impression Italy and Greece are most likely to be the ones to follow the UK if any take that route

France at 8/1 would be my tip, a contrary nation of pessimists, and if the status of France in the union does not rise to the expected dizzy heights following the UK  exit...........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The same could be said d of a few hundred million people born and raised in the British Empire.

Possibly, in similar cases where people are/were persecuted after independence.

But mainly not in countries where their peoples actually pressed for independence.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 473geo said:

3/1 means for example a return of £3 plus your original £1 stake - the lower your return the more likely the betting company expect this outcome, looking at these odds not expecting a mass withdrawl from Europe but certainly giving the impression Italy and Greece are most likely to be the ones to follow the UK if any take that route

France at 8/1 would be my tip, a contrary nation of pessimists, and if the status of France in the union does not rise to the expected dizzy heights following the UK  exit...........

Greece and italy are being kept alive by the EU. No chance of them leaving. Net contributors like Netherlands and Germany are much more likely to leave, but for them economic impact of the EU is still very positive.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Greece and italy are being kept alive by the EU. No chance of them leaving. Net contributors like Netherlands and Germany are much more likely to leave, but for them economic impact of the EU is still very positive.

Not possible you think that Italy and Greece could well place the blame firmly on the EU for having to be 'kept alive' obviously for those countries something is not working

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

I suspect you know that many haulage companies are all holding off to avoid the (potential) chaos.....and it's a Bank holiday.....of the 12 lorries that arrived shortly after mid-night three were turned away.

A link would be nice, but I forgot you don't do links do you. 12 lorries turned away......stands back in amazement, a whole 12 lorries.????????????

• Like 1