UK and EU reach Brexit trade deal

webfact

19 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Scotlands already been given a referendum and voted to stay,how many eu countries have been given an election if they want to stay or leave?

I think none.

The latest poll about it in Belgium was done in September 2019 and 82% wanted to stay.

Of course this is only a poll, a referendum would give the right results. 

I am in favor of a referendum, but with clear details/explanations what concretely "leave" and "remain" would represent for the Belgians.

This to avoid that everyone has his own speculation about what it will represent. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, candide said:

That was before the UK referendum. After that, this topic quickly became unpopular, I.e. Le Pen deleted it in her political program.

as we said earlier, the main virtue of Brexit is that it has proved so disastrous that in the all of Europe, you do not have "credible" leavers parties anymore ... by "credible" I mean likely to access to power. *

This is the case of the french "extrême droite": as @candide says they have removed Frexit from their program because it appear so stupid and so disastrous they simply cannot run in the next election on this platform.

Now in the next 10 years, if Britain can pick itself back up again and if it does not disintegrate in the meantime, that might very well change.

Quite unlikely IMHO, but you never know. And there will be other external events, like machinations by Putin etc..

Edited by Hi from France
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

As far as I am aware Le Pen is only standing in France at the last count there is another 26 countries in the EU minus France

In Belgium there is only 1 party ( on the Flemish side ) which is anti E.U., they also want that Belgium start to exist, and the King must step down. 

In The Netherlands there is the party of Mr. Wilders, there are elections this year, the results will be very interesting to see what way the people want to go.

Mr. Rutte, is prime minister since 2010. 

In Italy 45% wants to leave the E.U. in 5 years time, if Brexit is a success.

In Germany, there is the "Alternative for Germany" which have actually 7 seats in the European Parliament.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Frexit hasn't gone away just the main player has changed

Could ‘Frexit’ Be Next? Macron Urged To Make A French Referendum

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2020/12/31/could-frexit-be-next-macron-urged-referendum/

Personally I don't think any of the founding members will be next to leave, more likely to be one of the newcomers

If you look at the EU project purely from a business point of view then once your country becomes a net contributor then it becomes a decision of cash in your chips once you have fill your boots

Let’s wait until we see the ‘business point of view’ on the impacts of ‘Leaving’.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

If you look at the EU project purely from a business point of view then once your country becomes a net contributor then it becomes a decision of cash in your chips once you have fill your boots

actually this is the Brits "transnational" vision of Europe limited to the Brexiteers accounting (often bad accounting btw) vision:

Yes if you look at membership fees vs. subsidies, there are countries who contribute more and countries who receive more .. but the EU is still a huge win-win for all, the single market is the best known but only one of many many perks which the UK lost (just replicating the European Medicines Agency (EMA) will cost you €360 million every year).

That we have said over and over and over ... Is there any way to get that into your thinking? ???? 

Edited by Hi from France
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2020/12/31/could-frexit-be-next-macron-urged-referendum/

Personally I don't think any of the founding members will be next to leave, more likely to be one of the newcomers

If a E.U. member, is a beneficiary one,

I think it is not that wise, to want to leave the Union.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

The EU gathers a bunch of small weak nations, stronger together vs China, the US, Russia, the UK.. all nations wishing nothing but the EU to collapse. 

Edited by Opl
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Hi from France said:

Clearly as soon as a government favorable to independence or exit from the EU is elected, there will be a referendum. 

and by the way, it will should be the same for Scotland, no?

They had one, a little before the Brexit vote, did you not know that.....:coffee1:

If you didn't, Scotland voted to keep the Union....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Ireland has talked about irexit since Ireland became a net contributor in 2016, but I suspect either Poland or Hungary will be the 1st to go but not for a few years as they are still in fill your boots mode

if its true, just give us data: I remember the UK naively expected Ireland to leave the European Union with them ????

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

if its true, just give us data: I remember the UK naively expected Ireland to leave the European Union with them ????

Look forward to you providing a link not from the daily express where UK naively expected Ireland to leave the European Union with them

Edited by vinny41
typo
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, sandyf said:

Scotland  can only hope you keep on saying NO.

I don't think you have any worries on that score, not for a lifetime anyway.

Why you keep bringing Scotland into the equation is a total mystery to us all, did you mean the nasty SNP, are you happy with the way they have brought Scotland to its knees, how anyone can support Scottish nationalism when they gain support through lying and hating others is totally beyond comprehension.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Look forward to you providing a link not from the daily express where UK naively expected Ireland to leave the European Union with them

OK so you have nothing to prove what you said and you ask me to do another research for you instead

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hi from France said:

actually this is the Brits "transnational" vision of Europe limited to the Brexiteers accounting (often bad accounting btw) vision:

Yes if you look at membership fees vs. subsidies, there are countries who contribute more and countries who receive more .. but the EU is still a huge win-win for all, the single market is the best known but only one of many many perks which the UK lost (just replicating the European Medicines Agency (EMA) will cost you €360 million every year).

That we have said over and over and over ... Is there any way to get that into your thinking? ???? 

The EMA was set up to harmonise the work of existing bodies across the EU, whether they have been successful or not is open to interpretation as each countries respective agencies still have their own agenda. One could argue that whilst well-intentioned, the EMA is a waste of tax-payers money.

The UK already has its own agency, the MHRA.

• Thanks 1

Nope. Next.

5 hours ago, Hi from France said:

5 hours ago, vinny41 said:

OK so you have nothing to prove what you said and you ask me to do another research for you instead

They see enough support for an Irexit party in Ireland, particularly given that the Irish public are paying more into the EU than the country is getting out.

“People are kind of waking up to what it means to them, how much it is going to cost them, how much they have lost,” she said.

“We are a net contributor. We don’t get anything back from the union. It costs us money to stay in.”

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/irexit-conference-i-am-hoping-something-comes-of-this-1.3379392

Irexit conference 2018

As stated look forward to you providing a link to support your statement "where UK naively expected Ireland to leave the European Union with them"

You made the statement so its down to you do the research to backup your statement

• Like 2

6 hours ago, vinny41 said:

You forgot to mention an important information:

President Macron of France has been urged by Charles-Henri Gallois, the President of Generation Frexit, ????

That guy is completely unknown and represents no-one.

Edited by candide
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Ireland has talked about irexit since Ireland became a net contributor in 2016, but I suspect either Poland or Hungary will be the 1st to go but not for a few years as they are still in fill your boots mode

They won't leave, at least for one reason: Russia. 

23 minutes ago, candide said:

You forgot to mention an important information:

President Macron of France has been urged by Charles-Henri Gallois, the President of Generation Frexit, ????

That guy is completely unknown and represents no-one.

Maybe not known to you but a google search indicates a return of 797,000 results