Thai govt to revise immigration, business laws to lure foreign investors

webfact

23 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Foreign investors in the manufacturing sector can own land 100% freehold in a 100% foreign owned Thai company.

Someone has been drinking the coolaid, I followed that route for 4 years. Spent a fortune, achieved nothing in the end. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Morty T said:

Someone has been drinking the coolaid, I followed that route for 4 years. Spent a fortune, achieved nothing in the end. 

What route did you follow? Buy in an Industrial Estate and its 100% possible were you think the 100's of Japanese, European, US companies spend 10's of millions of manufacturing plants. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Cranky said:

People aren’t starving.

If you believe that, you are completely out of touch with reality. In countries like the UK and the USA thousands of families rely on food banks in order to survive - and that's countries that HAVE a welfare system. How do you think families who's income has been lost due to the pandemic in Thailand survive?

Maybe you don't hear about people starving, you don't hear many things in a country where the news is managed - that doesn't mean it isn't happening.  My family survive purely because I send money home - my wife, like thousands of others, didn't even get the pathetic 5000 baht handout earlier this year. Of course I'm responsible for feeding my immediate family but it goes much further than that - the whole extended family have lost their main income due to Covid 19 restrictions. How do you think other families that don't have anyone sending money survive? It is naive to think that nobody is going hungry.

Yet again today they talk of sending a rocket to the moon - it will probably never happen but you can be sure they'll spend a few billion on the preliminaries.