TM30s required again ?

On 12/26/2020 at 4:41 PM, Tanoshi said:

You should rightly have 3 forms stapled in the back of your Passport.

1). TM6 Departure card.

2). Receipt of TM30.

3). Receipt of 90 day reporting.

TM30-New.pdf 414.78 kB · 7 downloads

You should have the notification receipt for filing the above form.

If you haven't, then you need to file one as Immigration have requested.

thanks

Yes i have these 3 forms in my passport 

Just now, ubonjoe said:

Yes that is the TM30 receipt.

Thanks Ubonjoe

doing some extra copies of all paperwork to take with me, just in case they turn awkward and want everything again

will be going down on Wednesday afternoon to see them, hopefully to pick up my certificate of residency to renew my bike licence , for which i had to show proof of address and all the relevant paperwork 

Thanks to everyone on this site for their help and information, and will post back on Wednesday evening with the details of my visit

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes that is the TM30 receipt.

Do all the receipts look like that Joe? I do my own using the www online system but when I search it and print it look more like an excel spreadsheet. Should I be looking somewhere else for my "receipt"?

28 minutes ago, Whale said:

Should I be looking somewhere else for my "receipt"?

No

For online TM30 reports there is no receipt and all can do is a screenshot of it.

Dependent upon status doing the reports is almost not worth registering for now since most people do not need to them anymore unless you change addresses. Only those leaving an entering the country on single entry visas need to do them now.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

For online TM30 reports there is no receipt

That may be true but if reporting to immigration in person you will get a receipt stapled into your passport. I posted pictures in a earlier post where I was given a receipt and they'd stapled it into my passport.

3 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

That may be true but if reporting to immigration in person you will get a receipt stapled into your passport. I posted pictures in a earlier post where I was given a receipt and they'd stapled it into my passport.

That is normal if you do the report in person. Some people have never gotten one due to the owner, manager and etc doing one.

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is normal if you do the report in person. Some people have never gotten one due to the owner, manager and etc doing one.

My missus done a TM 30 at Kap Choeng when I first became a long term stayer back in 2005. As I said previously she was charged, a couple of years back, 500 Baht no receipt for failure to report. Which was rubbish as she did when I did my first extension.

As I've claimed in earlier posts she is still having to do it as of last month. But over the 15 years she/we've of notifying them of my address last month was the first time I'd been given a receipt of notification. On the receipt it clearly shows an ID number confirming notification.

IMG_20201227_152217.jpg

IMG_20201227_152100.jpg

Edited by IvorBiggun2

21 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

My missus done a TM 30 at Kap Choeng when I first became a long term stayer back in 2005. As I said previously she was charged, a couple of years back, 500 Baht no receipt for failure to report. Which was rubbish as she did when I did my first extension.

I would guess the one 2 years ago was wanted due you you leaving and re-entering the country or staying in a hotel that reported you. Before June 30th of this year a new report was needed at the office you report to.

The office here started wanting them some years ago if you left and re-entered the country and then early last year they were wanting them if a hotel reported you. I never met either of those 2 requirements so was not asked for one. When they wanted them from hotels it had been about 2 years since I had stayed in hotel that reported me so they had no online record of it anymore.

It seems the receipt you got was just for their records so that it is easy for them to see you did one.

It looks as if someone who does their extension via under the table, no money in the bank, automatically gets exempt from the TM30 report in having to have to notify immigration of their address. None of the guys who I know doing under the table extensions have to have a TM30 notification receipt. They report their TM47 at Buriram but do their extensions in Pattaya.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

well. an update for everyone on here 

it seems that the TM30 reporting, for any stay in hotels, guesthouse, etc, requires a TM 30 change of address on return

This is Nakhon Phanom immigration office, who say they have never seen or heard about the 30th June notice saying TM30s are no longer required and that i should eb happy, they not fine me for not coming earlier !

So the TM30 in my passport, the TM30 i did for my licence renewal is not acceptable, so luckily i had the correct paperwork to do another one 

That's 3 in 2 months !

So it seems that we have certain offices that are too stupid to read, or understand the rules, and they certainly don't like it when you point them out to them 

Not only did i have to waste nearly 2 hours, i STILL don't have my certificate of address, to enable me to get my licence

Seems they forgot to get it signed by some boss man, who is not back till Friday, so another 100k trip to , hopefully , get this paperwork at last

so far 5 trips, 2 medicals, 3 TM 30s, and umpteen papers, 

And they still want us to treat them with respect !!

Tried to find the official copy form immigration showing this 30th June 20 report on not required any more, but comes up unavailable

any oner have a link or something to it, so i can print it off and stick it under their noses ?

although did that with the 2 months prior and 3 months after  money i bank, but they say, no understand that and pushed it back to me saying,  we not use, we say 3 months prior, 3 months after, now we fine you 1,000 baht for being 1 day late !

• Like 2

15 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I feel for you. Immigration offices have to be the bum hole of hell. Been here for 15 years plus and they still <deleted> me around.

I agree.  The way they do the insurance and bank letters is totally unprofessional, but I put some of the blame on the insurance companies and banks for failing to coordinate with them.  

• Like 1

BACK AGAIN

Another wasted journey again today\seems  the boss man is too busy to come to the office this week, so can't sign my papers

Told to come back  next Wednesday , when he should have time to come to the office and sign them

Asked for some letter to show i'm waiting for new licence, so i don't get fined if stopped, but surprise surprise, no can do

So now over 2 months trying to renew my licence ,which expired 21st November 

and these people want us to treat them with respect ??

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

BACK AGAIN

Another wasted journey again today\seems  the boss man is too busy to come to the office this week, so can't sign my papers

Told to come back  next Wednesday , when he should have time to come to the office and sign them

Asked for some letter to show i'm waiting for new licence, so i don't get fined if stopped, but surprise surprise, no can do

So now over 2 months trying to renew my licence ,which expired 21st November 

and these people want us to treat them with respect ??

Have you considered a yellow book? 

Just now, moontang said:

Have you considered a yellow book? 

Nope

how would i go about getting a yellow book, if i don't own any property, or rent any property ?

Live with my lady in her house, so she does the TM30 paperwork 

5 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

Nope

how would i go about getting a yellow book, if i don't own any property, or rent any property ?

Live with my lady in her house, so she does the TM30 paperwork 

She would be the house master.. You would still need cert of residence for it, but then you would never again need one.  Thai ID card is handy, too. 

• Thanks 1

Back AGAIN

The saga continues 

Well turned up this morning ( 6th time) for my certificate of residency, about 30 minute wait, and then got it, no worries 

So off to the hospital for my medical ( 3 rd time) no worries, 20 minutes and 100 baht and all good

Goes to DLT office and gives the paperwork to lady, who looks though it all, and the new certificate, then goes off to talk to someone

Come back, puts all the papers on the counter and says, 

No good, need immigration !

managed to work out that the immigration had put my house number down as No 2, NOT No 12

So back to immigration ( 7 times now) and after around 1 hour and a lot of talking, finally get to see an occifer , who when i explain what's wrong, tells me its my fault !!

Refused to explain or answer when i said, you print it, you check it, you sign it, how is it my fault but just said, not my job

Told cant just alter the number by adding a 1, oh noooo, not allowed

You need new paper now, so we need all new paperwork from you, ? I gave up at this point, threw all the papers to her and said you sort it out with those\Finally , after a lot of huffing, puffing and glaring at me she said, come back Friday maybe ready then

soooo, we will see what happens Friday morning, No 8, but if ok, still means another medical No 4 and another trip tp DLT ,No 3

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Always pays to check everything is correct before walking away.

Thais are renowned for making errors when copying information from a supplied document, be it numbers or wording.

Thanks and i quite agree, but for me its a bit hard when i can't read Thai  !

Immigration here seem unable to provide any paperwork in English, or any other language other than Thai, unlike most civilized countries 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

Always pays to check everything is correct before walking away.

Thais are renowned for making errors when copying information from a supplied document, be it numbers or wording.

Goes for checking boxes, too.  I, once upon a time. added a check mark to my bank letter, that they omitted.. was later thinking that could really go south. 

Edited by moontang
  • Like 1