TM30s required again ?

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It seems the problem was what you did in Pattaya. Did you a 90 day non immigrant visa entry or a extension of stay there since that would of been a change of your registered address.

A stay at a hotel and etc does not change your address.

I did an extension of retirement visa in Pattaya

But then i did a change of address here, TM30, before i got my 90 day 

But they want both TM30s apparently, one for stay in Bangkok, and one for returning from Pattaya 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Where did you stay? It is the hotel/home owner's responsibility to complete the TM30 not yours......correct?

On holiday ?

in hotels !

Thats what i dont understand, but they want two TM30s for change of address, and was not happy that we had not done so already, even though i have been taking proof of address to immigration to renew my bike licence 

Just now, Joinaman said:

On holiday ?

in hotels !

Thats what i dont understand, but they want two TM30s for change of address, and was not happy that we had not done so already, even though i have been taking proof of address to immigration to renew my bike licence 

Very odd.....we don't live at our registered address....we just move around in hotels or rent somewhere......and we have never done a TM30 for any of the places we have stayed.....not my responsibility.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Very odd.....we don't live at our registered address....we just move around in hotels or rent somewhere......and we have never done a TM30 for any of the places we have stayed.....not my responsibility.

exactly !

Just spoke to my missus who talked on the phone and she repeated it was because we stayed in Bangkok, and they said it was on their computer so we need to do TM30 

No mention of us staying in hotels in Kho Chang, and Pattaya, before going to Bangkok 

But i thought it was up to the hotels to notify immigration of stay, with no need for change of address for temporary stays 

But to tell us we have to do change of address from Pattaya, which i have already done in June is stupid too

Will be an interesting conversation when i go to I.O , but then they hate me asking why, when i say i don't understand something

• Haha 1

Just now, Joinaman said:

that was my understanding too

i remember reading on the immigration site that they had stopped this requirement 

I accept i had to do one for change of address when i got my annual visa renewal in Pattaya, then returned here, which i did, even though i again, stayed in a hotel, but it seems they cannot, or will not find it, just like the paperwork they "lost" for my licence renewal

I gets harder and harder, with every visit, to treat them with any respect, when they act like this

Feel for you....on my first application I obtained the paperwork to say we were still married, travelled the next day and the IO refused to accept the documents ..........they were a day old.

Repeated the whole exercise the next day, but the girl at the Town Hall forgot to date stamp the new documents.....refused again....each trip was a 3 hour round journey.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

The best explanation i could come up with is that they might interpret "within the valid period" as being from the day you did the TM30 until the end of your permission to stay back then, and they don't consider getting an extension as extending this "valid period" as well. Thus they would want a new TM30 after you got an extension and stayed somewhere else. When you go back to your IO demand an explanation as to why it is required and share it with us ????

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, jackdd said:

The best explanation i could come up with is that they might interpret "within the valid period" as being from the day you did the TM30 until the end of your permission to stay back then, and they don't consider getting an extension as extending this "valid period" as well. Thus they would want a new TM30 after you got an extension and stayed somewhere else. When you go back to your IO demand an explanation as to why it is required and share it with us ????

not sure what you mean want a new TM30 after extension ? which extension my 90 days ?

they got a TM30 after i renewed my annual visa , but only when i went to submit my 90 day report, so you think i should have done 2 TM 30s

one straight after return from Pattaya with visa, and one when i did 90 day report ?

But if i stayed in hotel in Patttaya, during visa renewal, would i still need to do a TM30 ?

And why the TM30 request after  having short break in hotel in Bangkok ?

Maybe i should buy some cheap medals off E bay and wear them in immigration like my friend did. He gets visa in Pattaya, but has never done a TM30, nor ever filled in any paperwork photos, house book, etc , in all the years he has lived here 

We both went for 90 day report, he got his with no papers no bother, i got sent away and told to return with TM30 !

Very confused with this

2 hours ago, Joinaman said:

Just got a phone call saying i have not been to immigration to do a TM30 after going on holiday to Kho Chang/Bangkok last month

I'm confused why the IO would even call about an outstanding TM30 report unless something else is being processed that needs it? Perhaps the proof of address cert you mention is reason?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

I'm confused why the IO would even call about an outstanding TM30 report unless something else is being processed that needs it? Perhaps the proof of address cert you mention is reason?

thanks Hamus

but they already have proof of address, took that down , again, on Wednesday for my licence, all checked and passed this rime

but if your confused, how do you think i feel, lol

HI, WHEN did you notify Pattaya IO that your relocated?  If you did that BEFORE June 30, the new regulation re TM-30 was not yet applicable, and then effectively you were still required to notify IO of you returning to your place of residence.  However, if you did provide Pattaya IO with your TM-30 as proof of relocation to your new address after 30 June, there is no need anymore to do so (as long as you stay on the same Visa or extension).  And if you did indeed file a TM-30 after June 30 with your new address and they they ask for it now, there must be some hiccup in their administration.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

HI, WHEN did you notify Pattaya IO that your relocated?  If you did that BEFORE June 30, the new regulation re TM-30 was not yet applicable, and then effectively you were still required to notify IO of you returning to your place of residence.  However, if you did provide Pattaya IO with your TM-30 as proof of relocation to your new address after 30 June, there is no need anymore to do so (as long as you stay on the same Visa or extension).  And if you did indeed file a TM-30 after June 30 with your new address and they they ask for it now, there must be some hiccup in their administration.

Thanks Peter

Had been to Uk for a few weeks before returning to Thailand, then to Pattaya

Pattaya was end of March 2020, then came back here, did 14 days quarantine in house, then went to local I O office to do TM30, due to leaving/returning back into country

Then  did my 90 day report in August, no bother, then did my 90 day in November, which they then insisted on a TM30, due to getting visa in Pattaya in March, even though i had given them one in April 

Did this, then 3 weeks ago, gave all details on house book, etc, so i could get a certificate of residency from them to allow me to renew my bike licence 

They then lost the paperwork from the Land office, which i had to replace, and in the office, they again went through my passport and paperwork 

Seems to be a lot of hiccups in the office, 

18 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

Thanks Peter

Had been to Uk for a few weeks before returning to Thailand, then to Pattaya

Pattaya was end of March 2020, then came back here, did 14 days quarantine in house, then went to local I O office to do TM30, due to leaving/returning back into country

Then  did my 90 day report in August, no bother, then did my 90 day in November, which they then insisted on a TM30, due to getting visa in Pattaya in March, even though i had given them one in April 

Did this, then 3 weeks ago, gave all details on house book, etc, so i could get a certificate of residency from them to allow me to renew my bike licence 

They then lost the paperwork from the Land office, which i had to replace, and in the office, they again went through my passport and paperwork 

Seems to be a lot of hiccups in the office, 

When you did file a TM-30 at your local IO BEFORE 30 June, any stay at an Hotel/Guesthouse later on would void the validity of that earlier TM-30 you filed at your local IO.

Only when you have filed a TM-30 AFTER 30 June to notify IO that that is the address where you are officially staying, stays at Hotels/Guesthouses or domestic/international trips will NOT require you to file a TM-30 again unless you change your Visa (or the extension of it) or when you relocate to a different address.

The 90-day report is nothing more than a confirmation that you are still staying at the address as indicated on the TM-30 when you notified IO that that is the place you are staying in the IO province.

So it is kind of strange that you successfully filed two 90-day reports and that IO is now asking for the TM-30 of which the 90-day reports are the confirmation that you are still staying at that address.  But this is Thailand and Confusion Reigns, so quite possibly a hiccup in their systems.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

on my second postal 90 day report, there was a note, that I had to add again a TM30

but it was the same from the last time I entered the country

Are you not confusing TM-30 with the TM-6 entry/departure card of which a copy needs to be included when doing your 90-day report by mail?

15 hours ago, Joinaman said:

Then you should have the TM30 receipt dated November stapled in your Passport.

That's your proof you've filed a TM30 at your local IO since obtaining your extension in Pattaya.

• Thanks 1

On 12/25/2020 at 10:23 AM, Surelynot said:

Where did you stay? It is the hotel/home owner's responsibility to complete the TM30 not yours......correct?

It is what each individual IO office decides, they all make up their own rules.

• Like 1

I'm confused by all this. It is my understanding, and confirmed by my local IO that it is a TM28  NOT a TM30 WE are required to submit when we change our permanent address. It is the landlord's/house owner's responsibility to lodge the TM30, unless we have returned to Thailand from overseas.  Even if you've had numerous  TM30 reports lodged, if you DON"T have a copy of the TM30 receipt stapled in your passport you will be required to have a new one submitted.  When I moved address from Bangkok to Chiang Mai in 2016 I submitted a TM28 advising my change of permanent address and the IO stapled a TM30 receipt inthe back of my passport. That receipt has sufficed for every annual extension and 90 report I've submitted since, even when I had stayed in hotels in other provinces prior to June 30. I guess i've been mostly lucky by encountering IO's that actually know what the rules are, despite the poor reputation of CM Immigration.

Edited by TigerandDog
correction

5 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

I'm confused by all this. It is my understanding, and confirmed by my local IO that it is a TM28  NOT a TM30 WE are required to submit when we change our permanent address. It is the landlord's/house owner's responsibility to lodge the TM30, unless we have returned to Thailand from overseas.  Even if you've had numerous  TM30 reports lodged, if you DON"T have a copy of the TM30 receipt stapled in your passport you will be required to submit a new one.  When I moved address from Bangkok to Chiang Mai in 2016 I submitted a TM28 advising my change of permanent address and the IO stapled a TM30 receipt into my passport. That receipt has sufficed for every annual extension and 90 report I've submitted since, even when I had stayed in hotels in other provinces prior to June 30. I guess i've been mostly lucky by encountering IO's that actually know what the rules are.

Yes, this lack of consistency on how rules/regulations are enforced at different IOs is indeed confusing things.

And it does not help that the TM-30 form is not only used to notify the local IO that a foreigner is staying at a new premisse within 24 hours of his arrival (reason why hotels/guesthouses ask for your passport and the TM-6 entry/departure card when checking in at their premises).  But also that that very same form is being used by the majority of IOs when relocating to a different address, the difference being that YOU need to notify the local IO of that move and that it has to be done in person. Some IOs require you to use the TM-27 form for notifying them of a change of address, but majority use the TM-30 for that purpose (the TM-28 has been scrapped , but as this is Thailand there might be some corners in the Kingdom where it is still used).

Also be aware that since 30 June 2020 the TM-30 rules have changed and since that date it is not required anymore that your local IO is notified by a new TM-30 of you returning to your address in their province.  As long as your do not change your Visa/extension or relocate to a different address, when IO has been notified ONCE that that is your 'official address' for immigration purposes that is sufficient.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Then you should have the TM30 receipt dated November stapled in your Passport.

That's your proof you've filed a TM30 at your local IO since obtaining your extension in Pattaya.

Yup

i have the receipt in my passport dated 3 Nov 20, with return visit to be 31st Jan 21

27 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

Yup

i have the receipt in my passport dated 3 Nov 20, with return visit to be 31st Jan 21

You should rightly have 3 forms stapled in the back of your Passport.

1). TM6 Departure card.

2). Receipt of TM30.

3). Receipt of 90 day reporting.

TM30-New.pdf

You should have the notification receipt for filing the above form.

If you haven't, then you need to file one as Immigration have requested.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

i don't have one of those in my passport. I have never been asked to do a TM30 report.

How would you have a receipt for one if the report was done online?

Print off the approval from the online site.

• Like 1