TM30s required again ?

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

i don't have one of those in my passport. I have never been asked to do a TM30 report.

How would you have a receipt for one if the report was done online?

a mate of mine does his 90 day report online and his last TM30 was also done online. He received receipts for both in the post.

On 12/25/2020 at 10:31 AM, Surelynot said:

Very odd.....we don't live at our registered address....we just move around in hotels or rent somewhere......and we have never done a TM30 for any of the places we have stayed.....not my responsibility.

If you move to new rented address, it is just as much your responsibility to file the TM30 as it is the owner or landlords. That is something you should clarify when renting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

If you move to new rented address, it is just as much your responsibility to file the TM30 as it is the owner or landlords. That is something you should clarify when renting.

Yep, and the renter will be the one who can't complete his tasks at immigration.. The Thai landlord will likely not be affected.  That is why it is almost as important as the electric rate being charged... BTW, at my OA extension last week it was requested before I was given a number.. In Nonthaburi, but I have stayed at hotels 40 nights this year, and no mention of that, at all... Everything is based on my entry into LOS in 2019..i do try and use my pink ID as often as possible at check ins.. Just to let that sleeping dog lay. 

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

i don't have one of those in my passport. I have never been asked to do a TM30 report.

Nor do I, have been resident in the same house since Oct 2005, the wife is not computer literate so I would have been required to do it (and I certainly haven't), we have spent holidays in hotels around the country and even 2 nights in Laos in 2016. As Ubonjoe says never been asked for one, having used 5 Immigration Offices for my annual retirement extensions, and 2 B-Visa extensions during the time.

Question bearing in mind the original post, am I liable to be in trouble now?

10 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Nor do I, have been resident in the same house since Oct 2005, the wife is not computer literate so I would have been required to do it (and I certainly haven't), we have spent holidays in hotels around the country and even 2 nights in Laos in 2016. As Ubonjoe says never been asked for one, having used 5 Immigration Offices for my annual retirement extensions, and 2 B-Visa extensions during the time.

Question bearing in mind the original post, am I liable to be in trouble now?

It doesn't seem to mushroom like an unpaid tax bill, but in my case, back in 2016, not having it would have extended the five hours I waited in line at Promenada in the dark, by four or five more hours.  I was a yellow book holding condo owner.  Went and took care of it a few months before extension time and paid 1600 fine.  Plenty of Thai landlords furious as a rabid soi dog paying fines, too. About the worst I have heard is 2000 for master and 2000 for farang.  The busier your immigration office, the more you don't want hurdles on extension day.  And when I went to the upstairs TM30 room at Promenada, after a 30 hour return trip, I was squared away in less than five minutes, and it was kind of a show to the 30 angry foreigners stuck there for hours, that things were very easy for those who comply with the rules.  More panic than the April booze ban.  Funds, uncooperative landlords, out of country landlords, tax dodging landlords... You could have cut the tension with a knife.  I always go as soon as I can, apparently most wait until the last minute. 

Edited by moontang

3 minutes ago, moontang said:

It doesn't seem to mushroom like an unpaid tax bill, but in my case, back in 2016, not having it would have extended the five hours I waited in line at Promenada in the dark, buy four or five more hours.  I was a yellow book holding condo owner.  Went and took care of it a few months before extension time and paid 1600 fine.  Plenty of Thai landlords furious as a rabid soi dog paying fines, too. About the worst I have heard is 2000 for master and 2000 for farang.  The busier your immigration office, the more you don't want hurdles on extension day.  

I've done about 13 or 14 extensions since arriving here and TM30 has never raised it's head, assumed it was due to having a yellow book since arriving and while still going through the hoops to get the initial marriage/retirement Non-O.

Won't go into the error of entering me in the blue book at the time of our marriage in 2000.

1 minute ago, foreverlomsak said:

Thanks, what I thought but all the previous statements, got me a little concerned, see my post immediately after your response.

If your office has not required one before you have nothing to worry about now.

Been here 15 years plus and when I did my 90 day report in Buriram last month they were more interested in my wife who was with me. They wanted to see her ID card and confirmation of our address. I then had my passport returned with the TM30 and TM47 stapled inside.

16 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

I've done about 13 or 14 extensions since arriving here and TM30 has never raised it's head, assumed it was due to having a yellow book since arriving and while still going through the hoops to get the initial marriage/retirement Non-O.

Won't go into the error of entering me in the blue book at the time of our marriage in 2000.

My mistake was thinking that a yellow book holding condo owner was not responsible for it.. wrong. And I wish I had a beer in my fridge for every old farang, who asked me about it, I told them, then they stated they had been here since 19xx and had never heard of it, therefore there was no need for it.  Local offices vary, but I would not have been able to complete my sixth OA extension last Monday without it. Cash cows never dissappear for long.. ask the Thong Lo Bib.. But, if there is no requirement now for updates, does that apply to those, who never did one in the first place?  

Edited by moontang

6 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Been here 15 years plus and when I did my 90 day report in Buriram last month they were more interested in my wife who was with me. They wanted to see her ID card and confirmation of our address. I then had my passport returned with the TM30 and TM47 stapled inside.

I do my 90 Days online, by what your saying I can expect a little trouble when I go for my extension next year as the wife sees no reason to go with me as I am doing "retirement". I do provide them with a copy of the yellow book, Pink Card and Driving license (both of which have my address on them). 

7 minutes ago, moontang said:

My mistake was thinking that a yellow book holding condo owner was not responsible for it.. wrong. And I wish I had a beer in my fridge for every old farang, who asked me about it, I told them, then they stated they had been here since 19xx and had never heard of it, therefore there was no need for it.  Local offices vary, but I would not have been able to complete my sixth OA extension last Monday without it. Cash cows never dissappear for long.. ask the Thong Lo Bib.. But, if there is no requirement now for updates, does that apply to those, who never did one in the first place?  

The difference between us is that the yellow book is not for a condo but a 5 bedroom monstrocity build on land owned by the wife with a blue book. Yes I have been aware of the TM30 requirement since it raised it's head a few years ago, but never having been asked for on I've pointedly not asked immigration about it (let sleeping dogs lie as they say).

25 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

let sleeping dogs lie

But it's best to be prepared. Dunno how my TM47 reporting would have turned out if my wife hadn't been with me. I usually do it online but my missus, thankfully, wanted to go shopping. I have a yellow book also but me showing it at immigration proves nothing as it's my wife who has to show her address for the TM 30 report. 

A Yellow book is not a requirement at immigration whereas my wife's ID card is for doing a TM30.

Am I right in saying that if living in a condo it's the condo manager that has to do the TM30.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

1 minute ago, foreverlomsak said:

Hence the questions on here, the OP indicated big problems maybe, Ubonjoe indicted no problems, and you potentially.

I'll gladly show a photo with the TM30 slip stapled in my passport, duly dated and signed by the immigration officer.

17 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

But it's best to be prepared. Dunno how my TM47 reporting would have turned out if my wife hadn't been with me. I usually do it online but my missus, thankfully, wanted to go shopping. I have a yellow book also but me showing it at immigration proves nothing as it's my wife who has to show her address for the TM 30 report. 

A Yellow book is not a requirement at immigration whereas my wife's ID card is for doing a TM30.

Am I right in saying that if living in a condo it's the condo manager that has to do the TM30.

Only if you are renting from the office, and the office has POA on filing stuff, as well as the owners ID and blue book.  Yellow book just proves that you resided in a place, where you should have registered... The problem arises when the actual owner is out of the country.. 

Edited by moontang

On 12/26/2020 at 5:01 PM, ubonjoe said:

Immigration does not mail the receipts for either of those when done on online.

For 90 day reporting you print out the receipt for it.

There is no report created when a TM30 report is done online. All that can be done is a screen shot of the report screen.

Tell that to my mate who had BOTH mailed to him. It may not be the norm, but it did happen.

18 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

So from my photo's is it a requirement to do a TM30 for all?

There is no longer a requirement to do one unless you change your registered address for most people. In your case it is not required now since the regulation was changed in June.

Maybe your office wanted one for their records.

4 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

So from my photo's is it a requirement to do a TM30 for all?

Theoretically, every foreigner should have had a TM30 filed for the place they are staying.

Many offices never enforced the requirement until about 3 years ago when they had a push and many foreigners were being fined for filing a TM30 when their offices never previously enforced it.

An expat group then signed a petition protesting the archaic requirements of the TM30.

As a result Immigration changed the requirements of when aTM30 should be filed.

Without a TM30 being on your file, usually Immigration won't process an extension application.

They quite often just complete and file on your behalf when applying for an extension if they don't have one on file. You could have signed it unknowingly.

It is now only a requirement to file a TM30 when you initially take up a residence in Thailand, then move to a new (permanent) address.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

It is now only a requirement to file a TM30 when you initially take up a residence in Thailand, then move to a new (permanent) address.

I've been at my address for 15 years and during that time I've had numerous house visits from immigration. On top of that I get an annual local police check for a copy of my extension in my passport. Plus every 90 days I report my address via a TM47. What else can I do?

I have done all I can to get it through their thick skulls that I'm a compliable law abiding farang. I have 3 children and the last thing I wanna do is put myself in trouble with immigration.  As for your statement 'It is now only a requirement to file a TM30 when you initially take up a residence in Thailand', that may be the requirement so why am I, after 15 years, still having to provide a TM30? Tuther year they took 500 Baht off my missus, no receipt, for failing to submit notification of farang living at her abode. Who the hell informed her of her legal obligation prior to that scam? No one. 

Can I just say that where I live I would find it hard to find a farang, other than me, that is doing things legally. They're all doing the payments to immigration under the table and they get no hassle regarding this TM30 siht.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

On 12/26/2020 at 4:18 PM, ubonjoe said:

That seems to be TM47 receipt for a 90 day report. A TM30 report receipt does not have return date on it.

sorry ubonjoe

My mistake 

i also have a receipt dated 7th August which has been filled out by I.O with my name, address o it with stamp in the corner 

Receipt of Notification 

I guess that is the correct one ?