Thailand to launch first moon mission

rooster59

5 minutes ago, garyk said:

Okay I googled it. I read few articles on it. I cannot find anywhere where they are building space craft to be launched from Thailand. Only thing I find is their satellite space program. Recently said they are trying to design and build their own satellite. Also an article where they contracted out to have one built?  A far cry from mission to the moon. 

I think most countries in the world are launching their own satellites, nothing new here.

this is off thai visa

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1198443-thailand-to-launch-first-moon-mission/

15 hours ago, overherebc said:

????????

The engineer was Scotty, although I could never really tell if his accent was Scottish or Irish, more like Jockanese at times.

????

He was Irish American trying to sound Scottish no wonder you couldn't place his accent. Did you know he was actually buried in space? when the actor James Montgomery Doohan died he was cremated and his ashes were  smuggled on to the International space station 5 years later. (yes his first name as the Scotty character was also Montgomery). Oh God! I just realised I'm a Geek!

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, RobU said:

He was Irish American trying to sound Scottish no wonder you couldn't place his accent. Did you know he was actually buried in space? when the actor James Montgomery Doohan died he was cremated and his ashes were  smuggled on to the International space station 5 years later. (yes his first name as the Scotty character was also Montgomery). Oh God! I just realised I'm a Geek!

I was always a great admirer of Lt Uhura's legs.

Servalan from Blakes 7 had a couple of things I admired as well.

And before anyone says we're off topic both posts are ' space related'.

Edited by overherebc
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, RobU said:

Just imagine his ashes landing on another planet like the one in the genises project.

It would be populated by wee scootties running about shouting    The crystals canny take it, she's goannie blow.

• Haha 2

On 12/28/2020 at 9:51 AM, dbrenn said:

Retired, or fired because your staff didn't like you and you didn't deliver for you? I've seen a lot of expat managers who look down on their Thai staff. Always the same poor result. 

Yeah. You're right. The fault is doubtless his for not being able to manage the unmanageable. Managers are not managers, Thai staff are always the managers or they go home to their country seat where 'their buffalo or their mother is sick or something'. Usually with about 10 minutes notice.

A healthy dose of reality is what is often needed when a loser from Europe comes to Thailand and finds Thais to be unmanageable. They need to find a mirror to see the real culprit to be sure.

Look at it this way. Thailand is still a 'developing' country ('3rd-world' is so perjorative these days, very non-woke), because Thais are smart, well-educated, highly competent and skilled. Or because they're not.

Take your pick. Common sense choice really. Anyone who has ever done business in TL is very well aware of what the reality is outside of the sex clubs.