Thai wife returning to Thailand

My missus and child are due to return to Thailand late February. They already have a flight booked with Qatar but I suspect I will have to rebook them on a repatriated flight

How do I start the process ? Do I have to pay for their quarantine or is it free for Thai nationals ? Do I need to go to the Thai embassy in London or is there a simple online process ?

Thanks

If they travel on a repatriation flight the state quarantine is free.

If not they have to pay for a alternative state quarantine (ASQ) hotel.

Info is here in Thai. https://london.thaiembassy.org/th/content/4stepstopreparedocumentstotraveltothailand?cate=5f069ee372a783584326eb77

The application for their certificate of entry (COE) can be done in Thai online. See: https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/

I have seen a post stating that the Thai government is ending repatriation flights after January 10th.

If she flies with Thai Airways the ASQ is free (mostly in a Pattaya hotel) and free transport to home town after quarantine.

She doesn't need Covid test, only Fit 2 Fly certificate.

1 hour ago, muffy653 said:

She doesn't need Covid test

I thought the Government had finally woken to the fact the ALL passengers on board flights should have a PCR test prior to boarding, or MANY people could be landing with covid, when they were not infected at the start of the journey?

13 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:

I thought the Government had finally woken to the fact the ALL passengers on board flights should have a PCR test prior to boarding, or MANY people could be landing with covid, when they were not infected at the start of the journey?

Thai's do not need a covid 19 test before departure. Everybody else needs one though.

Archived