Visa extension with digital bank account (no passbook)

Hello there!

I was looking in some high interest savings accounts and it seems that those bearing the highest interest are the digital ones(with no passbook). I was wondering if we can use these kind of accounts for visa extension since immigration loves tons of copies from the paper passbook. Anyone has had experience with this?

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Which Thai bank offers this type of account.

"high interest savings account" what interest rate can you obtain? Can't imagine much in current climate.

SCB EZ Savings account offers 1.5% right now, there is also the option of Krungsri Kept 1.60% and up to 1.80% the second year. BUT I haven't checked if this is only for Thais but before doing the trip to the bank I wanted to make sure if somebody has ever used for a visa extension as it seems the Immigration wants a physical passbook to check 

Edited by Lacrimas

9 minutes ago, federicoP said:

Check if the bank can issue, stamp and sign the usual letter and the statement for the immigration

The usual letter should be possible as it only confirms you have the account and the balance on that day. It would be important, in the absence of a passbook, that they can cover 12 months with statements.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Lacrimas said:

Krungsri Kept 1.60%

I may be interpreting their chart incorrectly, but it looks like just for Thai nationals:

Who can apply?

1. Individual
2. Thai nationality

3. Ages 15 - 70 years old

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ClaySmc said:

I may be interpreting their chart incorrectly, but it looks like just for Thai nationals:

Who can apply?

1. Individual
2. Thai nationality

3. Ages 15 - 70 years old

According to their information to open an account you require a Thai national digit ID.

Therefore it should be possible if you have a Yellow House book and the Thai ID card for foreigners, which gives you a Thai national digit ID.

Kept, the innovative financial management platform (krungsri.com)

Digital accounts and not having a Passbook shouldn't be a problem provided you can produce statements.

For example the Bangkok Bank FC (Foreign currency) Fixed term accounts don't provide a Passbook, instead providing monthly statements which are perfectly acceptable to Immigration.

• Like 2

On 12/28/2020 at 2:13 PM, Lacrimas said:

SCB EZ Savings account offers 1.5% right now, there is also the option of Krungsri Kept 1.60% and up to 1.80% the second year. BUT I haven't checked if this is only for Thais but before doing the trip to the bank I wanted to make sure if somebody has ever used for a visa extension as it seems the Immigration wants a physical passbook to check 

This thread may be of interest (no pun intended)

Does Immigration accept funds in a SCB EZ Savings Account? - Thai visas, residency and work permits - Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation