Mall attack settled: Norwegian pays 30K to Thai lady shopper he kicked after trolley misunderstanding

webfact

On 12/30/2020 at 9:17 AM, time2093 said:

Hmm, I wonder how much compensation he would have got if she kicked him. My guess a wai followed by a sorry mister and to top it all off with photo op to the media would have done it.

I doubt there would be any opportunity to extort money in that case.

However in my opinion he should have been arrested, charged and deported for physically assaulting a woman.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

It can be justifiable, if you were trying to knock a thief off balance and trying to stop them from escaping with your belongings 

What complete and utter nonsense. So he got close enough to her to viciously kick her, but not close enough to grab the trolly that she was pushing in front of her ….. how do you make this stuff up, seriously, how ?

8 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Fallacious would be a far better adjective to use; everything you say in defense of this nasty bully is based on uncorroborated hearsay. You have fallen into the classic trap of trying to defend the indefensible, and now you don't know how to stop.

With every comment you post in his defense, your credibility fades further, like shadows into the night.

You were obviously out of the office when the “put the shovel down” memo was sent.

I would need to have the full facts BEFORE I label other people as being violent bullies .

I am not defending his actions at all, I have stated its wrong to hit/kick people , but I can understand someone pushing a thief over to stop them escaping 

Walking away with his trolley? Surely that was more amusing than an excuse to assault someone?

He is neither "silly" nor "stupid" - he was almost 1 foot taller (30 cm) and much bigger in every way.

Bet your life he has never tried that with decent sized blokes.

Now, I'm not one of these guys that says "there is never any reason to hit a women" - but in situations like this, he surely does deserve 10 minutes in a back yard with someone his size.

I effin hate bullies ...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

What complete and utter nonsense. So he got close enough to her to viciously kick her, but not close enough to grab the trolly that she was pushing in front of her ….. how do you make this stuff up, seriously, how ?

If you hadn't noticed or weren't paying attention, we had moved onto generally, rather than this particular story

8 minutes ago, Glorfindal said:

Walking away with his trolley? Surely that was more amusing than an excuse to assault someone?

He is neither "silly" nor "stupid" - he was almost 1 foot taller (30 cm) and much bigger in every way.

Bet your life he has never tried that with decent sized blokes.

Now, I'm not one of these guys that says "there is never any reason to hit a women" - but in situations like this, he surely does deserve 10 minutes in a back yard with someone his size.

I effin hate bullies ...

So, someone who got their groceries stolen and who then got extorted for 30 000 Baht after being threatened with three years in jail , you would now like to see him beaten up ?

16 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I would need to have the full facts BEFORE I label other people as being violent bullies .

I am not defending his actions at all, I have stated its wrong to hit/kick people , but I can understand someone pushing a thief over to stop them escaping 

Why the sudden interest in the full facts, when you have been completely ignoring them thus far, while basing every one of your arguments on uncorroborated hearsay ?

Oh, and you now even try to alter the substantiated fact that he kicked her, into pushing her over ……. you seem to be rapidly losing touch with reality.

Any man that kicks a woman the way that he did is a violent bully, there are enough credible facts available in this story to establish that.

6 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Why the sudden interest in the full facts, when you have been completely ignoring them thus far, while basing every one of your arguments on uncorroborated hearsay ?

Oh, and you now even try to alter the substantiated fact that he kicked her, into pushing her over ……. you seem to be rapidly losing touch with reality.

Any man that kicks a woman the way that he did is a violent bully, there are enough credible facts available in this story to establish that.

No one knows whether he kicked her in order to push her over to stop her escaping, or whether he kicked her just to hurt her .

The only facts we are sure of is that She walked off with His shopping trolley and he had to pay her 30 000 Baht.

Those are the only things that we can be sure about 

14 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

So, someone who got their groceries stolen and who then got extorted for 30 000 Baht after being threatened with three years in jail , you would now like to see him beaten up ?

Have you now lost the ability to read. The poster you are replying to makes no mention whatsoever of wanting to see him beaten up. Those are your words, and you are trying to attribute them incorrectly, to somebody else. He simply suggested that he should find out if he would be as brave with somebody of his own size. I also agree with the poster, I hate and despise bullies.

And that is the second time in comments that you have accused the police of extortion, I think you should exercise more caution.

2 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Have you now lost the ability to read. The poster you are replying to makes no mention whatsoever of wanting to see him beaten up. Those are your words, and you are trying to attribute them incorrectly, to somebody else. He simply suggested that he should find out if he would be as brave with somebody of his own size. I also agree with the poster, I hate and despise bullies.

And that is the second time in comments that you have accused the police of extortion, I think you should exercise more caution.

What was he hoping would happen when he spent "10 minutes in  a back yard with someone his own size"?

Was he hoping for them to play a nice game of leap-frog?

No, he was calling for violence with the hope the Norwegian guy came off second best 

( Extortion the practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats.)

He got threatened with jail time if he didnt pay the money

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

What was he hoping would happen when he spent "10 minutes in  a back yard with someone his own size"?

No, he was calling for violence with the hope the Norwegian guy came off second best 

( Extortion the practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats.)

No he didn't that was his fiction to an acquaintance who questioned him as to why he paid the 30k baht, no truth in it whatsoever.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I understood it as meaning that he just wanted to see the violent Norwegian bully in a fair fight, rather than attacking a substantially smaller, lighter and weaker woman than himself, from behind.

You don't need to post an explanation of extortion, unless it was for self edification. However, you do need to be a lot more careful about accusing the police of extortion. The Thai police now scrutinise forums such as this.

How many times do you need to be told that he was not threatened with 3 years imprisonment, this is simply being said in order to provide him with “victim status”  However, if you have evidence that he was thus threatened, please post it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, polpott said:

No he didn't that was his fiction to an acquaintance who questioned him as to why he paid the 30k baht, no truth in it whatsoever.

You wasnt there , you have no way of knowing whether it was true or not .

You are categorially stating that something isnt true , when you yourself cannot and doesnt know whether its actually true or not .

2 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I understood it as meaning that he just wanted to see the violent Norwegian bully in a fair fight, rather than attacking a substantially smaller, lighter and weaker woman than himself, from behind.

And who do you think that he would like to win that fight , what do you think he would prefer the outcome to be ?

Do you think that he would prefer the Norwegian guy or his opponent to get beat ?

A big man kicking a petite lady could have broken both her legs.

30K is too little, he should be deported back to his country and banned from coming into Thailand. Thailand don't tolerate violence.

Edited by EricTh

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

OK, please point out all the lies ?

Lets see you back up your claim .

Refresh the post and point the lies out with your reasons as to why you think they are lies 

I already have. Re read my posts,

15 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

You wasnt there , you have no way of knowing whether it was true or not .

You are categorially stating that something isnt true , when you yourself cannot and doesnt know whether its actually true or not .

Ha ha ha …. that's hilarious

So says the man that has being claiming that all the hearsay that suits his own narrative is factual, whilst having no way of knowing whether it is true or not. I guess you don't do irony.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Ha ha ha …. that's hilarious

So says the man that has being claiming that all the hearsay that suits his own narrative is factual, whilst having no way of knowing whether it is true or not. I guess you don't do irony.

I have stated there are only two things from this story we can be sure about .

1 She took his trolley

2 He gave her 30 000 Baht

I have questioned all other aspects of this story

29 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

1 She took his trolley

3. He kicked her viciously on both thighs. We have the photos from hospital to prove it.

We don't need to know anything else, vicious thug who attacks women. End of story, move on, thread closed.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

1 She took his trolley

I have questioned all other aspects of this story

Absolute nonsense, you have not questioned any other aspects of this story. You have relentlessly defended this thug in countless comments that you have posted.

You have claimed as factual that he was threatened with 3 years imprisonment, you have claimed as factual that the police colluded with the victim in an act of extortion against him. You have even tried to spin the fact that he kicked her violently, as pushing her over. 

and you missed the other thing we can be sure about 

3 He kicked her violently twice ..... there I've fixed it for you !