Mall attack settled: Norwegian pays 30K to Thai lady shopper he kicked after trolley misunderstanding

webfact

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

it had not been paid for ,they were still shopping ,the guy is a nutcase

Sure?

Because apparently the woman's mother took their own shopping cart out already. Without payment? Or did the mother pay without the daughter knowing? Maybe. I said it is a possibility.

And like others pointed out. The farang has to pay 30,000 THB. If a Thai would have done the same it would probably be one wai and that's it.

1 minute ago, kingofthemountain said:

She probably wanted a form of compensation for the trauma

it's not only about the physical bruises. it probably affected her mind too

If she was your daughter or your wife, will you agree if the idiot could walk away

with only a wai and a 500 bahts fine?

I will not

my wife or daughter would have retaliated for sure!

2 hours ago, bobbin said:

Look at the size difference between them..

Big guy. I'm sure those leg kicks hurt. And the second kick after the wai/apology/plea for mercy..

No problem at all with the settlement.

A muay thai leg kick from a 16 y.o would send him crashing to the ground. Too bad not enough Thais are trained in Muay Thai. 

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Im pretty sure had he been Thai it would be a lower amount. But I feel 30k is a good amount he is lucky that he wont get deported. What an idiot I wonder what brought him to do this. 

Do you mean "which particular alcoholic beverage"?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Do you mean "which particular alcoholic beverage"?

You mean if i think he was drunk while shopping.. no clue. I would not think so why go shopping if your drunk better to sleep it off or drink more. 

Just curious what causes someone to respond so aggressive.

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well that certainly was an expensive shopping trip for him.

He is a damn lucky man, that it is not going to court, or he might have been back in the cold in Norway.

better to send him to lankyland......and fix all the drystone walling in the trough of bowland......

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Sure?

Because apparently the woman's mother took their own shopping cart out already. Without payment? Or did the mother pay without the daughter knowing? Maybe. I said it is a possibility.

And like others pointed out. The farang has to pay 30,000 THB. If a Thai would have done the same it would probably be one wai and that's it.

If it had been Thai on Thai, it's highly likely nobody would have been kicked in the first place.

It wasn't but we can cling to this notion of a draconian fine just because he was a farang as being some sort of vindication for this rude and belligerent foreigner's totally unwarranted violence.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Why she demand money?

Are marks on her thighs going to effect her occupation?

Because she was aware that the fine for common assault would only have been the 500 baht and a wai.

I guess Tor Z. discovered that "Vet du hvem jeg er?" don't hack it in Nakhon Nowhere.

1 hour ago, kingofthemountain said:

She probably wanted a form of compensation for the trauma

it's not only about the physical bruises. it probably affected her mind too

If she was your daughter or your wife, will you agree if the idiot could walk away

with only a wai and a 500 bahts fine?

I will not

If it was my wife or daughter, I would be behind bars now, and him in the ICU or getting burned at the temple! He's lucky someone didnt beat the <deleted> out of him!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Not a clue petal, i have no idea.

But should farangs continue to get walked all over like this so be it...

Are you one of them?

He deserved it, he had no reason to react like that against a woman, in any country. Not being walked over, just being punished for doing something he should never have done!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, jossthaifarang said:

He deserved it, he had no reason to react like that against a woman, in any country. Not being walked over, just being punished for doing something he should never have done!

He has n't been punished he's been ripped off.

Being punished would have involved the legal system, this did not - only people out for a pay day.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I have a feeling that they knew each other and for what ever reason either one or the other concocted the trolley story. He may have been looking for revenge for some other reason that they didn't want the police to know about. IMO In any case he got of lightly and I suspect the police got more than just 500 baht 

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Behave....should he have been deported too ( after a lengthy jail term ).

Things like this happen daily between Thais with no reprecussions ( not saying it's right ) but when in Rome...

Yes, yes, yes and No. There is no excuse in any country ever to kick a little lady, I'm sure it could have been resolved peacefully. In fact taking a closer look, I might have even tried hitting her up to go for lunch or dinner with me. Definately no kicking though, this is Thailand you are not even suppost to point with your feet, much less kick someone.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, jossthaifarang said:

Yes, yes, yes and No. There is no excuse in any country ever to kick a little lady, I'm sure it could have been resolved peacefully. In fact taking a closer look, I might have even tried hitting her up to go for lunch or dinner with me. Definately no kicking though, this is Thailand you are not even suppost to point with your feet, much less kick someone.

What's you're suppose to do and what actually happens every single day here are two completely different things....you should get out more or read the news at the very least.