Bangkok Bank Smart Card

May be a stupid question but need some help. I have the be 1st Siriraj rabbit smart card with Bangkok bank but I don’t understand the format of it. What is the long 16 digit number on the front? I then have the rabbit number on the back and I found a copy of my account number an a printed document I received when opening the account but nowhere on the card. This is different to the uk cards I’m used to. I’d like to transfer money into the account but want to make sure I pass over the correct details. I’ve attached the stock photo to show the type of card. Tia!

762D9456-70C5-43AB-81E8-2C14023C84E4.png

Edited by Lauren Docherty

31 minutes ago, Lauren Docherty said:

May be a stupid question but need some help. I have the be 1st Siriraj rabbit smart card with Bangkok bank but I don’t understand the format of it. What is the long 16 digit number on the front? I then have the rabbit number on the back and I found a copy of my account number an a printed document I received when opening the account but nowhere on the card. This is different to the uk cards I’m used to. I’d like to transfer money into the account but want to make sure I pass over the correct details. I’ve attached the stock photo to show the type of card. Tia!

762D9456-70C5-43AB-81E8-2C14023C84E4.png

That 16 digit number is the card number. UK and other countries bank cards also have that number, at least mine always has, and my bank always asks for some digits on that card number when making a funds transfer in addition to the bank account number.

What can be revealed by 16 digits written on a Debit Card? On the front face of debit card, a 16 digits' code is written. It is also known as a Permanent Account Number or PAN. First 6 digits are the Bank Identification Number and the rest 10 digits are a Unique Account Number of the card holder.20

Edited by userabcd