Rainsy sentenced to four years in jail for insulting Sar Kheng and incitement

geovalin

Sam Rainsy was sentenced today to four years in jail after being found guilty of insulting Interior Minister Sar Kheng over a claim that the government killed former national police chief Hok Lungdy in 2008 and incitement. The court also ordered Rainsy to pay $1,000 in fine.

Judge Ros Piseth said that Rainsy was charged with two counts of “public insulting and incitement to commit a felony” under Articles 306, 494 and 495 of the Criminal Code.

Kheng sued Rainsy to the court in July this year over a Facebook post which claimed that Kheng was supporting Lieutenant General Dy Vichea, director of the Interior Ministry’s security central department, to take revenge against Prime Minister Hun Sen over the 2008 death of his father, Lundy.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50798971/rainsy-sentenced-to-four-years-in-jail-for-insulting-sar-kheng-and-incitement/

Hok Lundy used to sign my Cambodia visas.

He died in a helicopter crash one hour after my friend put his finger on HL's picture on my TV set.

HL was the returning officer for the general election that gave Hun Sen and the CPP the overwhelming majority.

Edited by jobsworth
more content

Sam Rainsy is the primary opposition to the serial killing, ex-Kymer, thieving, land grabbing, multi billionaire Hun Sen. Sen has been trying to lock him up, or eliminate him for years. 

It is time for the west to stop providing aid to this despot, and come to terms with the fact that Cambodia is anything but a democracy and Sen is a dictator.