Thai PM assures no national lockdown despite a surge in COVID-19 cases

webfact

11 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The death toll of coronavirus is lower than other other preceding viruses, such as MERS and SARS. What is concerning the medical profession is the ability of COVID-19 to cause long-term or permanent lung damage. For some, it's like a non-smoker suddenly becoming someone with a 3 pack a day habit. In Australia, with 28,000 cases, the medicos are claiming 40% of infected people are suffering debilitating health effects well past the normal lifespan of flu.

I'd like to see a faster rollout of vaccines here, to get the immunity of which you speak. Not so much of a lottery.

If a non smoker suddenly became a 3 pack a day habit then how do you explain that lots of PL players get covid and are back training and playing a week later.

It either causes damage or it doesnt! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:

If a non smoker suddenly became a 3 pack a day habit then how do you explain that lots of PL players get covid and are back training and playing a week later.

It either causes damage or it doesnt! 

So the virus is binomially distributed between unaffected and affected people? I'd like to take the time to explain the difference between normal and binomial statistics to you, but I fear I'd be wasting my time.

Oh 

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

So the virus is binomially distributed between unaffected and affected people? I'd like to take the time to explain the difference between normal and binomial statistics to you, but I fear I'd be wasting my time.

So of my examples(epl players) They all must be in the binomial category and none of them in the normal category?

6 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:

Oh 

So of my examples(epl players) They all must be in the binomial category and none of them in the normal category?

I'm trying to point out to you as with many other illnesses, there is a range of responses to coronavirus from hardly affected to severely ill. The responses are what are called normally distributed by statisticians.

In the case of your EPL players, they are very fit people who probably have some of the strongest immune systems around. So naturally, most recover very quickly. The average man/woman in the street is not as well equipped.

16 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I'm trying to point out to you as with many other illnesses, there is a range of responses to coronavirus from hardly affected to severely ill. The responses are what are called normally distributed by statisticians.

In the case of your EPL players, they are very fit people who probably have some of the strongest immune systems around. So naturally, most recover very quickly. The average man/woman in the street is not as well equipped.

So the problem is weak immune systems right? Why is there zero information being published by the media about vitamin D (actually a prohormone) and is in almost every cell in the body and a main factor in your immune system....nothing!  If anything we are being told the opposite. Stay at home, parks and beaches closed. Fresh air and sunlight are more important to your health than anything!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sametboy2019 said:

So the problem is weak immune systems right? Why is there zero information being published by the media about vitamin D (actually a prohormone) and is in almost every cell in the body and a main factor in your immune system....nothing!  If anything we are being told the opposite. Stay at home, parks and beaches closed. Fresh air and sunlight are more important to your health than anything!

That is not what I said, Average people have average immune systems.

The problem with allowing people to move freely is there will always be a percentage of them who think rules about mask discipline and social distancing don't apply to them.

There are many claims made for various supplements, whether they are effective depends on the physiology of the individual. No amount of Vitamin D or sunshine is going to help a 75 yo obese diabetic.

Check out the statistics of coronavirus infection in America for how insistence on personal freedom works, and those of Australia for what happens when the country unites for the common good.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2020 at 10:35 PM, ThailandRyan said:

He still doesn't understand his own people does he.  He expects the independent provinces to control the masses without a government mandating strict control itself.  He has definitely lost the plot. I don't want lockdowns either but what choice is there when all travel is still allowed and assisting the virus to spread.  No win situation i guess.

you would be disappointed to look at real fact that SARS-COV-2 is everywhere and you would see that if government do test much much more. But do you know that sars-cov-2 is the virus, and COVID-19 the disease ? I mean, do you know that this viral disease, same as all other, has his dangerousness related with its viral charge ? do you know that 0.5% of the disease people die (not the contaminated one, who most of them are low charged contaminated) ? (compare with other disease origin and look at facts, please inform yourself) then look at how many become seek after to get in contact with the virus (and how much charge it is required to be seek)...

I mean... i hope for this year the IQ population world wide and scientist information (not the lobbyist one) will grow up enough to stop the endemic panic (started at the very top level and officially propagated).

I'm sure about, by the time, the real facts will be revealed one day, and the fear factor will be covered by the poverty situation of each other. It looks like now, middle class population have to become poor enough to be impacted enough to be able to have realistic understanding of the wise problem: can we kill society and push people to be poor or to suicide themself for this kind of virus ? (there is so many more we can compare with this one...) I think that the acceptation is in relation with the bank statement of the one who are thinking, and his fear level ability, mind self control. Middle class population and much more with the top level who, now decide for other which kind of life they can obtain from their own favor (as long as they are afraid, what ever we are talking about, little people will be sacrify, again, in 2021 !!! Looks like, hopelessly, the solution is, in this stupid fragile system, that everybody become very poor to stop the endemic panic, and open future to freedom and reasonable tasks / mind thinking).

This covid story time show the real face of the humanity and his self control, his actual wide knowledge and courageous ability, and in fact, the real morality of a world wide system ideology who does accept now the poverty of other, the die to other poor to protect themself (rich enough to stay without work or to work from home) from a virus killing 0.5% of population seek.

For me, this is the most terrible observation that I make of the situation of humanity at this sad time, which for a flu that they stupidly dare to compare to the plague (it has nothing to do with it): sacrifice the poor and the young, to protect the most privileged. An absolute shame that recalls the beginning of what will initiate dark moments in the history of humanity (as always due to poverty, fear, even more present inequality, individualism, lack of courage of the most privileged to the detriment of the weakest socially) that this will generate and much more serious consequences to come. You have launched the monster, it is fast approaching, it will take everything in the worst possible way as always.

I see there is still a GREAT fear for most on this forum. While Covid is real, and must be taken seriously, it is NOT the plague, and shutting dow the country to visitors when they go through the strick quaranitining process that is in place, makes NO sense.  If someone is tested prior to flight, and then upon arrival, and then towards the end of the 14 day quarantine, it is all but certain they are clean.  Time to get over the excessive fear.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Sametboy2019 said:

Plenty of articles from various countries where D vitamin is recommended.

Here in Denmark the food and health department recommend 10 µg D vitamin daily from oct-apr for most persons and 20 µg for people over 70.

Lockdowns didn't work in the western world, or anywhere else, and inflicted misery and poverty on entire industries. People who enjoy the luxury of working from home, are retired, or are on benefits may disagree. 

Governments can no more control the spread of viruses than they can control the weather. Thailand knows that.

Edited by dbrenn
  • Like 1

I would argue that once the virus is spreading locally, it doesn't make much sense to prevent international visitors.  I sort of understand it with the new UK strain but that is still spreading despite travel bans so clearly they are only delaying the inevitable.  Maybe only by a few days.  So I do not see international travel bans as doing a damn thing other than hurting the economy.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

On 1/2/2021 at 4:17 AM, Virt said:

Plenty of articles from various countries where D vitamin is recommended.

Here in Denmark the food and health department recommend 10 µg D vitamin daily from oct-apr for most persons and 20 µg for people over 70.

Exactly. There are many reports of very healthy individuals that have had bad reactions to Covid and we're all found to be VItamin D difficient. Micheal Yeo is one that comes to mind