Big spike in COVID-19 cases prompted Pattaya shutdown

webfact

6 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

The medical infrastructure wouldn't be able to handle caseloads like they can in the West.  Many hospitals in the provinces are already stressed.  This would cause them to collapse.

Correct, and farang at the back of the queue.  ????

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, HashBrownHarry said:

Farangs to front at private hospital!

We should all have private coverage anyway, right?

Are you suggesting farang use gov hospitals?

What a ridiculous post.  

Are you suggesting there are enough ICU beds and ventilators in private hospitals to go around?

• Sad 1

Just now, Leaver said:

What a ridiculous post.  

Are you suggesting there are enough ICU beds and ventilators in private hospitals to go around?

What a ridiculous post.

Are you suggesting thais ( who will be the majority of cases ) can afford private hospitals? really - lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

What a ridiculous post.

Are you suggesting thais ( who will be the majority of cases ) can afford private hospitals? really - lol

More naivety from you.

It has nothing to do with public or private, and costs. 

It's about CAPACITY.  Eg.  there are 100 ICU beds in private hospitals, and 50 ICU beds in public hospitals in Pattaya, but 300 old farang are drowning to death in their own bodily fluids, caused by covid. 150 miss out on medical care and are left to die.  

And, before you say the other 150 patients will be transferred to Bangkok or elsewhere, no, they will not be.

Edited by Leaver
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Leaver said:

More naivety from you.

It has nothing to do with public or private, and costs. 

It's about CAPACITY.  Eg.  there are 100 ICU beds in private hospitals, and 50 ICU beds in public hospitals in Pattaya, but 300 old farang are drowning to death in their own bodily fluids, caused by covid. 150 miss out on medical care and are left to die.  

And, before you say the other 150 patients will be transferred to Bangkok or elsewhere, no, they will not be.

Where do you get all your info from or is it just made up like the majority of your other claims?

If you have the money ( or insurance ) you'll be treated here, if you don't get that then you're the one showing your naivety ( again ).

ps. not everyone with CV requires ICU, infact very few.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Where do you get all your info from or is it just made up like the majority of your other claims?

If you have the money ( or insurance ) you'll be treated here, if you don't get that then you're the one showing your naivety ( again ).

ps. not everyone with CV requires ICU, infact very few.

Doctor's in Italy having to decide who lives, and who dies.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200428-coronavirus-how-doctors-choose-who-lives-and-dies 

Doctors in Spain forced to chose who to let die.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-25/spanish-doctors-forced-to-choose-who-to-let-die-from-coronavirus

Do you think Thailand's health system has more capacity than Italy or Spain?  

If that's what happened in developed countries, what do you think would happen here?

Let's not forget, the majority of farang here are retirees, and above 60 years of age. 

What are you suggesting, ventilators will go to the highest bidding farang?    ????

Edited by Leaver
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Doctor's in Italy having to decide who lives, and who dies.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200428-coronavirus-how-doctors-choose-who-lives-and-dies 

Doctors in Spain forced to chose who to let die.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-25/spanish-doctors-forced-to-choose-who-to-let-die-from-coronavirus

Do you think Thailand's health system has more capacity than Italy or Spain?  

What are you suggesting, ventilators will go to the highest bidding farang?   ????

Spain and Italy irrelevant, we're in Thailand.

I'm suggesting that farang can afford or have better insurance than the majority of Thais therefore yes, in essence the rich get treated better ( surprised you don't know that ).

I'm also suggesting private Thai hospitals are far superior to those of most European countries.

Are you suggesting Thais will get better treatment than farangs, from who, their government - that's hilarious, you're funny, very very funny guy.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

What a ridiculous post.

Would not the thai goverment take all the capacity from private hospitals to treat thai citizens if goverment hospitals where overwhelmed ?

• Like 1

Just now, Irate priest said:

Would not the thai goverment take all the capacity from private hospitals to treat thai citizens if goverment hospitals where overwhelmed ?

No, they would not be willing to waste the money looking after their own people ( unless they have money ), they don't care about the normal Thai person.

4 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Spain and Italy irrelevant, we're in Thailand.

I'm suggesting that farang can afford or have better insurance than the majority of Thais therefore yes, in essence the rich get treated better ( surprised you don't know that ).

I'm also suggesting private Thai hospitals are far superior to those of most European countries.

Are you suggesting Thais will get better treatment than farangs, from who, their government - that's hilarious, you're funny, very very funny guy.

How is Italy and Spain irrelevant?  It's the same virus infecting the same species.  

What part of there are only a limited number of private hospital beds in Pattaya do you not understand?

Do you think there are infinite beds available?  

Do you think Thailand has an infinite amount of ventilators?

Do you think you can buy a bed and ventilator upon admission?

When they are all taken, the doctors have to prioritize resources. (bed and ventilators)  Those with the best chance of living will get one, or both, whilst others will be left to die.

Given most expats are over 60, the hospitals would soon be overwhelmed.  Thai doctors may even make the call to give private hospital resources to younger infected Thai's because they have a better change of living.  (nothing to do nationality, everything to do with chances of survival)

Chonburi is not the most infected province in Thailand.  Don't think an Italy or a Spain can not or will not happen here, because if it does, your money can not save you.     

5 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

No, they would not be willing to waste the money looking after their own people ( unless they have money ), they don't care about the normal Thai person.

Bound to cause riots, civil unrest, possibly home grown terrorism, and maybe civil war.  

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

How is Italy and Spain irrelevant?  It's the same virus infecting the same species.  

What part of there are only a limited number of private hospital beds in Pattaya do you not understand?

Do you think there are infinite beds available?  

Do you think Thailand has an infinite amount of ventilators?

Do you think you caYou reallayn buy a bed and ventilator upon admission?

When they are all taken, the doctors have to prioritize resources. (bed and ventilators)  Those with the best chance of living will get one, or both, whilst others will be left to die.

Given most expats are over 60, the hospitals would soon be overwhelmed.  Thai doctors may even make the call to give private hospital resources to younger infected Thai's because they have a better change of living.  (nothing to do nationality, everything to do with chances of survival)

Chonburi is not the most infected province in Thailand.  Don't think an Italy or a Spain can not or will not happen here, because if it does, your money can not save you.     

You really have no idea.

Any country in Europe is irrelevant coz we're in Thailand...doh.

Yes, i really think that money will buy you treatment, you don't? 

Expats are a tiny % of the people that will be affected here, or do you suggest otherwise?

Spain and Italy irrelevant - again.

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Bound to cause riots, civil unrest, possibly home grown terrorism, and maybe civil war.  

Hilarious!

People were saying this in April, robberies / crime everywhere / civil unrest, not seen any of it ( due to Covid )

You just make stuff up.....good luck!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Yes, i really think that money will buy you treatment, you don't? 

No, not if it hits the fan here.

Don't forget, all those Thai's in BMW's here, all the Thai's working in high government positions. Eg. police.  All the property owners and HiSo's.  They all have a quid.  They can pay.  How do you think a farang will a visa card will go against them?

17 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Expats are a tiny % of the people that will be affected here, or do you suggest otherwise?

I agree, but what you fail to realise, and I have said  few times, is that most expats here are retirees, so something like 90% of them are over 60, so whilst they make up a small percent of the Pattaya population, they will be overrepresented in the need for healthcare statistics.  

20 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Spain and Italy irrelevant - again.

No.  More like your money will be irrelevant if it kick off here.  

Just now, Leaver said:

No, not if it hits the fan here.

Don't forget, all those Thai's in BMW's here, all the Thai's working in high government positions. Eg. police.  All the property owners and HiSo's.  They all have a quid.  They can pay.  How do you think a farang will a visa card will go against them?

I agree, but what you fail to realise, and I have said  few times, is that most expats here are retirees, so something like 90% of them are over 60, so whilst they make up a small percent of the Pattaya population, they will be overrepresented in the need for healthcare statistics.  

No.  More like your money will be irrelevant if it kick off here.  

1. All the Thai's with BM's etc will be seen to, they have money, they ( like farang as i've mentioned ) are not the majority, you can't seem to understand this???

2. Most farangs are retirees, they are a minority in this country as a whole and not all of them will get infected, if they do not all of them will require hospitalisation, or are you suggesting each retired farang will get infected - lol...

3. If it kicks off here, money will be the most important thing - or are you suggesting someone without money will get priority treatment - lol.

21 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Hilarious!

People were saying this in April, robberies / crime everywhere / civil unrest, not seen any of it ( due to Covid )

You just make stuff up.....good luck!

Covid never exploded here, but that's not to say it will not.  It's just starting here now.  Thailand's contact tracing will now be tested.

What do you think the masses will do when they see medical attention for the wealthy, whilst the poorer are left to die by the thousands, possibly hundreds of thousands?  

You seem to forget the red shirt and yellow shirt protests.  They shut the country down.  It would be nothing to shut down hospitals, unless there was fair access to medical treatment for all.  

1 minute ago, HashBrownHarry said:

All the Thai's with BM's etc will be seen to, they have money,

Yes,  they will, but maybe not all, because there is only  limited number of beds available.  Perhaps one of them takes a bed that you will need.

I gather maths was not one of your best subjects at school.

3 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Most farangs are retirees, they are a minority in this country as a whole

We are talking about Pattaya, and hospitals available in Pattaya.

3 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

not all of them will get infected

What percentage do you think would be?

4 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

If it kicks off here, money will be the most important thing

Good luck with that.  

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Covid never exploded here, but that's not to say it will not.  It's just starting here now.  Thailand's contact tracing will now be tested.

What do you think the masses will do when they see medical attention for the wealthy, whilst the poorer are left to die by the thousands, possibly hundreds of thousands?  

You seem to forget the red shirt and yellow shirt protests.  They shut the country down.  It would be nothing to shut down hospitals, unless there was fair access to medical treatment for all.  

The masses will do nothing, what have you seen them do before when miss treated, let me tell you - they do nothing!

Again, Red shirts etc, how did they shut the country down, i actually landed the day the blocked the raised tollway to the airport, flights were still operating as normal fyi, so pls again, how did they shut the country down? Nothing is fair in this country, if you have money you live a charmed life, if not you merely survive. I fail to see how you cannot understand this, you need to get out more instead of living in your little farang bubble ( like many ).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Leaver said:

That is extremely implausible. There hasn't been behaviour like that anywhere in the world that is Covid related so I doubt Thailand will be the first. They have generally put up with 6 years of military rule with only a few brave souls showing resistance. 

Scaremongering with no basis of fact.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Yes,  they will, but maybe not all, because there is only  limited number of beds available.  Perhaps one of them takes a bed that you will need.

I gather maths was not one of your best subjects at school.

We are talking about Pattaya, and hospitals available in Pattaya.

What percentage do you think would be?

Good luck with that.  

All your answers here prove ( amongst most of your other comments ) that you have no idea about this country and it's workings.

You're making me tired Mr Leaver, i will retire for the night, you should have another Sangsom or two - goodnight.

1 minute ago, champers said:

That is extremely implausible. There hasn't been behaviour like that anywhere in the world that is Covid related so I doubt Thailand will be the first. They have generally put up with 6 years of military rule with only a few brave souls showing resistance. 

Nothing he says has basis or fact.......that's a fact - lol.

how did they shut the country down,

Common knowledge.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/nov/26/peoples-alliance-for-democracy

"The airports' authority said it had no choice but to close Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi airport as the yellow-shirted protesters carrying iron bars smashed doors and roamed the concourses."

So, flights were still operating as normal. Really?  ????

What did you fly in on, a magic carpet?  ????

so pls again, how did they shut the country down?

Ok.

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/26/world/asia/26thai.html

"BANGKOK -- Thailand's main international airport remained shut Wednesday after protesters besieged the facility, startling tourists, halting flights and escalating months of simmering political tensions into a full-blown national crisis."

Nothing is fair in this country, if you have money you live a charmed life, if not you merely survive. I fail to see how you cannot understand this, you need to get out more instead of living in your little farang bubble ( like many ).

Money can not buy health, no matter how rich you are, or where you live.  

Edited by Leaver

6 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

All your answers here prove ( amongst most of your other comments ) that you have no idea about this country and it's workings.

You're making me tired Mr Leaver, i will retire for the night, you should have another Sangsom or two - goodnight.

For someone whose missus takes care of everything for them, it's you, Harry, that has limited scope on the workings of Thailand.   

I was waiting for you to post some links to back up all your claims.

Maybe tomorrow.  

Be sure to save every satang you can, so you can outbid someone for medical care.  ????

On 12/31/2020 at 2:21 AM, foreverlomsak said:

It's the amulet markets that are to close.

Oh dear! How are the Thai's going to survive without being able to get new amulets to protect them from everything.

Oh Noes!  I haven't got my Covid 20 amulet yet.  Now what do I do? 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, champers said:

Not scaremongering.

With covid, all bets are off.

Thailand always has been a very unequal society, but since the military coup and the crushing of the red shirt movement, Thailand has become an extremely unequal society.

In general, poorer Thai's have excepted their lot in life, but I am quite sure if it came to life and death, and that's what covid may present, they would not accept the inequality as they have with other things in the past.  I mean, how do you threaten dying people with gaol?  They have nothing to lose.

We have already seen a groundswell against the establishment, with unprecedented calls by student protestors for "you know who" to give up their traditional role of power.

Do you forget The Arab Spring?  Do you think similar is impossible for Thailand?  Covid may just provide the impudence for such change.    

Implausible, maybe.  Impossible, definitely not.  

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Nothing he says has basis or fact.......that's a fact - lol.

Provide some links, Harry.

So far, it's only been your opinion.

I have provided links to back up my posts.

A link showing older, wealthy, farang will be given priority for medical care would be good.  ????