Covid outbreak: Foreign workers penned in by BARBED WIRE at condo in Nonthaburi

webfact

2 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

I can think of two western nations off the top of my head that put Thailand to shame in these categories, in fact I believe they invented it all..

Shame it's not a "two western nations" forum, you could tell us all about it and remain on topic!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PatOngo said:

Would that include authoritarian military governments that were not democratically elected? That only protect the 1% who control 66% of the countries wealth??? Get with the grain!

Unfortunately, people with such irrational views rarely listen to reason and their views are so ingrained, they just can't change.

What he doesn't 'get' is that most reasonable members here understand the need to isolate people, what they find abhorrent is the use of barbed wire to hem them in.  The matter could be discussed further - it would not be unreasonable to question why a particular group has been isolated when they will most likely have had contact with the general population of the area. But again, I think the main reason for the outcry here is the methods employed - barbed wire.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Barbaric, and yet more disgraceful behaviour by Thais !

The disgraceful behaviour is from the corrupt government officials who have been exploiting the borders. 

A drastic move, should be done better, how do you enforce managed isolated for these people who have run all over Thailand, some probably in fear. 

If Thailand does not lock travel between provinces quickly we might be seeing a massive second wave. 

I always thought the second wave would come across the border, why the government did not ban Myanmar workers until the pandemic is under control is a no brainer. 

The victory here is the greedy exploiters of cheap labour, the looser is Thailand, now we might see not only tourism suffer but industry as well. 

It seems Prayuts army and police shot themselves in the foot. 

I think the ones that pull his strings will no doubt be angry. 

All for the sake of exploitation of cheap labour and greedy corrupt officials. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

you're right, it's basically a 'lets bash Thailand forum' with contributions from some of the biggest hypocrites in the world...

You get out there and start hugging them to counter all those big bad bashers!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

Its been a devastating week or two for the farangs that have been bragging for months about how Thailand is superior to western countries.  And to top it off now this.

Considering the massive loss of face these farangs have suffered perhaps some self imposed time away from posting to reflect on how they blew this so badly is in order.

I won't have any sympathy for them when the racist ???? ???? surrounds them barbed wire ????

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Or the US illegal immigrant detention facilities, for a more modern comparison. 

Illegal being the operative word. You break the law you go to jail and get separated from your family and children. The law is equal, it applies to American citizens and people of other nations entering our country illegally.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, 4reaL said:

China locked the infected in cages in what were being touted as hospitals, they were cells where ppl were locked inside. 

Some buildings had the doors of their apartment building welded shut.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/02/06/warning-chinese-authoritarianism-is-hazardous-your-health/

Guess who is really running TH.

You ain't see nothing yet.

The difference is that China did it to their own people not just to foreigners.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Henryford said:

The difference is that China did it to their own people not just to foreigners.

Yes, they reportedly also killed 10,000 pro democracy protesters in Tiananmen Square in 1989, they have no conscience!

• Like 1

On 12/31/2020 at 11:26 AM, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

Its been a devastating week or two for the farangs that have been bragging for months about how Thailand is superior to western countries.  And to top it off now this.

Considering the massive loss of face these farangs have suffered perhaps some self imposed time away from posting to reflect on how they blew this so badly is in order.

Doesn't make sense.

23 hours ago, natway09 said:

What is needed by central Government is an order that NO ONE in Thailand moves more than 5 kilometres from

their living quarters nor can move across any province border by ANY MEANs.

This would at least keep some isolation, not this kind of racist action

So I couldn't visit my doctor who is 15 km away? All because of "racism." No, thanks, commissar.

22 hours ago, PatOngo said:
On 12/31/2020 at 8:01 PM, SmileyCat said:

If you want to talk about racism, let's talk about rapidly increasing hate crime against Asians in UK, EU, and US. That's racism. 

You don't get it either do you? This is not about UK, EU or US, it's about Thailand! Maybe if you stick around for a while, you might get it eventually too..................maybe!

Get what? That you can't do anything about it either?

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sent the images and the story to my family and friends back in the US, as well as my Thai ex-wife and her family here in Thailand who work in Government.  All were very concerned at the treatment and disparity being shown to someone who was or may be infected by the virus.  They were also mad as hell that people could treat others that were not criminals in this way, by not just keeping them in their houses but by ensuring they could not go anywhere by string Barbed wire around the complex.  One type of treatment for citizens and a different type of treatment for the migrants.  Yes some will compare other countries, but we are in Thailand which tries so hard to claim they are enlightened and the center of the Universe.  While some Thai people probably agree with what was done many others will not but because of the way freedom of speech is treated here they will not speak up for fear of violating some rule or archaic law.

Send them some pictures of the razor wire that the 19th Engineer Battalion laid out near Laredo, TX. and ask them to ponder "...One type of treatment for citizens and a different type of treatment for the migrants..."

As the economic conditions for normal Thais who are neither Puuyai or members of the SSO scheme start to deteriorate with the Puuyai mandating that commoners to close their businesses and the SSO worker bees enforcing the edicts, we'll eventually get to a point where the purpose of having razor-wire surrounding your house isn't to keep you locked in...  ????

• Like 1

10 hours ago, connda said:

As the economic conditions for normal Thais who are neither Puuyai or members of the SSO scheme start to deteriorate with the Puuyai mandating that commoners to close their businesses and the SSO worker bees enforcing the edicts, we'll eventually get to a point where the purpose of having razor-wire surrounding your house isn't to keep you locked in...  ????

What is a puuyai