Covid outbreak: Foreign workers penned in by BARBED WIRE at condo in Nonthaburi

webfact

It is in many/every country (make choice by yourself) the same tihs ( have to revers the last word, otherwise removed), all this governments make the rules, but they don't know what they are doing, yes to frighten and control people, thats they know how to do.

But solutions? Forget it.

Edited by Peterphuket

9 hours ago, webfact said:

33.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported that migrant workers from Laos and Myanmar were shocked to find that their condo was sealed off by barbed wire yesterday and they were forbidden to go out or enter without permission. 

The extraordinary measures were enacted after orders from the Nonthaburi governor Sujin Chaichumsak following a spike in cases in the province that borders the capital Bangkok. Twenty one more cases were reported taking the total to 58.

The "pink condo" and areas in Moo 5 and Moo 6 including the Bang Yai market were placed under the highest level of restrictions - Red. The rest of the province is in the second tier or Orange level of alert.

Yesterday evening deputy governor Nisakorn Wisitsorn-at went with the Bang Yai police chief and a contingent of seventy soldiers and police to the seven story condo in Moo 6 that has been ordered sealed off until January 1st. 

They placed barbed wire and set up a checkpoint, said Daily News. The condo is home to many migrant workers from Laos, Myanmar and the Thai Yai ethnic group.

They had interpreters with them to explain the governor's order saying they could only go out with permission. 

Wider restrictions are also in place in the Bang Yai City area until January 12th with places such as banks and convenience stores subject to severe restrictions.

Thaivisa notes that many foreign migrants feel they are being unfairly singled out by the authorities as Thailand is now gripped by a new wave of Covid infections.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-31

Disgusting and racist the world should know and Shame on Thailand. Nobody will want to visit the way things are going 

• Like 2

I hope people share this all over the world.  One thing that does get to the Thai government is bad press on the international scene - big loss of face.  If it receives enough coverage you can be sure the barbed wire will disappear.  Nothing will be said, it will just disappear.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kaopad999 said:

If you scroll to the bottom of the page of this news article you will see what the majority of Thais think

Number of readers 9,565 people
Do you agree with this news?
Agree 63%
Disagree 38%... อ่านต่อที่ : https://www.dailynews.co.th/regional/816059

I guess when you consider the brainwashing they get from the day they start school, it helps to explain some of that.  All the 'Thailand is Wonderful', 'Thailand is great', 'Love Thailand', BS has a lot to answer for.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Barbaric, and yet more disgraceful behaviour by Thais !

all those in this forum who never stop bashing farangs are now silent. but such behavior in  farangland will be dealt by lawsuits and officers getting fired. 

this behavior by thai authorities  is discriminatory . but they also need  a scapegoat. this time it is the migrant workers. Such steps by authorities will fuel hatred towards foreign labours. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

They sneak in Everyday, how would you know 

Thailand has a huge number of migrant workers, and if they didn’t the country would come to a standstill. Who do you think builds your condos and cooks the food you eat in restaurants, cleans the hotel rooms and picks up the trash ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Theory said:

Any special race ?  It's all the same region. I guess you mean nationalism, not racism. 

well. i would like to exercise my freedom of speech.

thais look down upon their neighbours, - burmese , lao, khmers. 

who they love? korans/japanese.  

Why? probably they are richer and better civilized than thais. 

9 hours ago, webfact said:

33.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported that migrant workers from Laos and Myanmar were shocked to find that their condo was sealed off by barbed wire yesterday and they were forbidden to go out or enter without permission. 

The extraordinary measures were enacted after orders from the Nonthaburi governor Sujin Chaichumsak following a spike in cases in the province that borders the capital Bangkok. Twenty one more cases were reported taking the total to 58.

The "pink condo" and areas in Moo 5 and Moo 6 including the Bang Yai market were placed under the highest level of restrictions - Red. The rest of the province is in the second tier or Orange level of alert.

Yesterday evening deputy governor Nisakorn Wisitsorn-at went with the Bang Yai police chief and a contingent of seventy soldiers and police to the seven story condo in Moo 6 that has been ordered sealed off until January 1st. 

They placed barbed wire and set up a checkpoint, said Daily News. The condo is home to many migrant workers from Laos, Myanmar and the Thai Yai ethnic group.

They had interpreters with them to explain the governor's order saying they could only go out with permission. 

Wider restrictions are also in place in the Bang Yai City area until January 12th with places such as banks and convenience stores subject to severe restrictions.

Thaivisa notes that many foreign migrants feel they are being unfairly singled out by the authorities as Thailand is now gripped by a new wave of Covid infections.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-31

Barbed wire? looks more like the potentially lethal "RAZOR WIRE" that's banned in so many place's.

Edited by MRJOHNNY
incorrect

10 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

no they r not. if i understand your stetement correctly , let me tell u that thais hate their neighbours for being poor 

even the poor thais hate poor burmese/khmers etc . 

Well

No one left then, because we (as farang) don't get any better treatment either. But still it's not about the race.I'm sorry I can not express myself here. No choice but keep it for myself. 

Edited by The Theory

8 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

This isn't nationalism - its pure racism.

adjective
adjective: racist
  1. prejudiced against or antagonistic towards a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.
    "we are investigating complaints about racist abuse"

noun
noun: racist; plural noun: racists
  1. a person who is prejudiced against or antagonistic towards people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

But still they are the same to me, same region. Sorry

Edited by The Theory
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Most people in Thailand are not practicing Buddhists. That's like calling the US or UK Christian countries and the government in all are not religious in the slightest. 

Well, Brits have their own branch of Christianity with Queen being head of it. Also they have allocated places for bishops in the house of Lords. I would not put US and UK on the same side. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Can't wait for all the "human rights" people that were moaning about the government using barbed wire during the protests to get onto this...

There no "human right". Human right is nothing but politics. Human has no right. Human  right is just another tool. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

???? how pathetic turning this into racism. It's all about containing covid19 before it gets any worse, nothing more. We all know that those people in condo, many of them are illegal immigrants, would never respect a quarantine, because they are here for work, desperately. Even one day without work hurt them. Asking them 14 days without work, they'll never do it willingly.  If you want to talk about racism, let's talk about rapidly increasing hate crime against Asians in UK, EU, and US. That's racism. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

As a guest in Thailand  I can't get to worked up what Thais think of others 

I am happy here lead a quite life dont get involved in Politics of the Country

If you feel that strong about what is happening to others and feel resentment against the Thai Government  then do something about it talk the talk is easy 

Do the walk 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bangyai said:

It's not unreasonable to presume that many of them would have been there throughout the pandemic since even when I lived there , there were many Cambodian and Burmese workers in the area. A lot of them work in this area and do not travel far from it , many being employed by Preuksa Real Estate in construction of the many new moobahns. My regular mechanic was Burmese and shared a room in that particular condominium which is faced by many kareoke bars. 

It is interesting that the government is only now doing mass testing and finding more covid cases every day.

Test and you will find.

Certainly a fortuitous timing since it will mean an indefinite end to all student demonstrations. Not only coincidental but also very convenient

Absolutely agree with this - could not be clearer!  It also gives the Junta continued absolute power (unless the emergency decree has been cancelled completely).