Last Will

alanross

1 minute ago, salavan said:

Does the last will I do cancel out the first will did I'm concerned about that 

Yes it does because in the Will it states the you revoke all previous Wills, so the latest Will, signed and dated by you (and witnessed) is the one which the Lawyer actions/uses.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Does anyone know of a good (reputable) charity organization in Thailand to make a Last Will to?

I would like my money in Bangkok Bank to go to a charity if or when I die, rather than be confiscated by the Thai Govt. I was considering choosing UNICEF, but would rather choose a Thai charity if possible. 

Thanks.

• Sad 1

On 6/18/2023 at 12:12 PM, ThailandTimeZone said:

Does anyone know of a good (reputable) charity organization in Thailand to make a Last Will to?

I would like my money in Bangkok Bank to go to a charity if or when I die, rather than be confiscated by the Thai Govt. I was considering choosing UNICEF, but would rather choose a Thai charity if possible. 

Thanks.

For the last 10+ years I have been involved with a children’s charity in Sangkhla Buri, Kanchanaburi province - www.BaanUnrak.org  They provide a safe and happy environment for approx. 130 children many of whom are stateless as well as homeless.

They make good and efficient use of any funds that you send them.  I visit every couple of years and they are happy to show me what they have done or built with the money that I have sent.

I have a Thai will that bequeaths them my Thailand based assets which will primarily consist of funds in my Bangkok Bank account.  They expressed concern that the bank would make it difficult/impossible for them to get the funds so I have been wondering how to get round this.  I enquired at the bank about making my account a joint account with the manager of the home so that they can legally access the account balance when I die (no comments about the wisdom of this, please).

Seems like I would have to close the account and open a new joint one which would involve me turning up with a certificate of residence and a representative of the home being present with their documents which, with the distance involved, is not really practical.

Does anybody have any ideas on any better way to do this?

I urge anyone with an interest in Thai charities to take a look at this one.  If you can visit them, despite their remote location, you will be impressed.

On 6/18/2023 at 12:12 PM, ThailandTimeZone said:

I would like my money in Bangkok Bank to go to a charity if or when I die, rather than be confiscated by the Thai Govt.

Why the ridiculous, derogatory suggestion that "the Thai government will confiscate your assets" on your death?  That will only happen if you die intestate and have no traceable family or heirs.