Bitcoin touches record above $29,000, extending 2020 rally

webfact

4 minutes ago, Heng said:

Of course.  And I lived through and profited from the dotcom bubble as well.  Some of the most profitable plays people were making were with companies that no longer exist (usually swallowed up by other companies).   But the capital from my Netscape play (purchased for no reason other than the fact that everyone in school thought it was such a better browser than Mosaic, the bundle that came with our IT packs for class) for example still lines my pockets in other forms (mostly property).   

OK, I get it. You are one of those buy low sell high investors, and never fails at that.

Anyone else here holding BCH just for grins?  Seems to me like institutional guys are never one trick ponies and there has to be some sitting behind desks somewhere thinking that BCH might be a good hedge for BTC which we're using as a hedge against everything else...

I know most around during the original fork have a negative view of it, but for newbies and the rest of the world, it's just another coin that looks awfully like the mainstay (with the same 21 million coin cap).  

3 hours ago, Heng said:

Anyone else here holding BCH just for grins?  Seems to me like institutional guys are never one trick ponies and there has to be some sitting behind desks somewhere thinking that BCH might be a good hedge for BTC which we're using as a hedge against everything else...

I know most around during the original fork have a negative view of it, but for newbies and the rest of the world, it's just another coin that looks awfully like the mainstay (with the same 21 million coin cap).  

Most of my coins are older than 1 Aug 2017 so I have BCH, BSV, BTG and whatever else <deleted> forks appeared since.

For my BCH, couldn't resist selling most of it right after the fork, mostly because at that time it just didn't seem logical that it would hold its value (since it was free).  Picked up more mid to late last year though on a hunch.  

On 1/4/2021 at 1:14 AM, mr mr said:

you holding xrp. what the f is going on with it. greyscale just bought 20 million xrp the other day. the same company that bought like 25k bitcoin in a week or something. what do they know that i don't...other than everything. why would greyscale buy 20m xrp if it was doomed. they haven't traded or sold back by the looks of it so what's up.  

blow off top coming ? or was that it. 

I sold the XRP and put it in LTC. It might bounce back, but XRP is purely speculative, and it’s a real <deleted>coin, controlled by a central entity, etc. It goes against everything about crypto currencies.

I learnt my lesson, not touching it again even if it bounces back and hits new highs. I’ll stick to tried and true coins for now, which for me are BTC, ETH and LTC.

Grayscale bought XRP because they have to: customers bought into the fund prior to the lawsuit announcement, and they are obliged to spend that money on that token. Even Grayscale doesn’t have the power to turn that lawsuit around.

• Thanks 1